Windows 10: System Restore takes 9GB on Drive C:

Discus and support System Restore takes 9GB on Drive C: in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; what happen is that my DTS wasn't detecting the driver installed after i updated throughwindows update then i tried system restore now the app is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by markloisIbañez, Feb 9, 2020.

1. System Restore takes 9GB on Drive C:

what happen is that my DTS wasn't detecting the driver installed after i updated throughwindows update then i tried system restore now the app is functioning the way it should be but now i lost 9GB of storage in my drive C.

this is how much system restore is taking.

System Restore takes 9GB on Drive C: 7edf0219-a996-4f54-8f67-3063b2bdd002?upload=true.png

I need to know how i can reclaim the 9GB space from my drive C:

:)

markloisIbañez, Feb 9, 2020

2. Size of "C:/system volume information" file size jumping to +9Gb for no reasons on an SSD drive

In your subject line you said this:

Size of "C:/system volume information" file size jumping to +9Gb for no reasons on an SSD drive

This statement is incorrect. The TreeSize picture you posted says that this folder consumes 4.3 MBytes. This is 2,000 times less than what you think.

Here are the folders that consume the most disk space:

• 10.3 GBytes - Program files
    • 24.2 GBytes - Windows
    • 6.5 GBytes - Users
    This is very reasonable and represents no cause for concern.

Frederik Long, Feb 9, 2020
  3. jellyroll Win User
    How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CSystem Restore takes 9GB on Drive C: :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CSystem Restore takes 9GB on Drive C: :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Feb 9, 2020
  4. sumdumgai Win User

System Restore takes 9GB on Drive C:

How to restore C: drive from backup?

Thank you. I'll try your suggestion if my next attempt fails. I think my problem has been that I have been using a disk/partition backup instead of a system backup file.

- - - Updated - - -

Tried to recover from last System Backup file but it failed, too. Although it took a long time (from NAS backup), the recovery successfully completed. But the used size of the C: disk was very low and no OS was there. I have been using a USB that contains the Windows Installation Media, and when I boot from it, I select the UEFI version in the BIOS boot menu.

Here's latest attempt info:
    Using Command Prompt, I cleaned Disk 0 (C: Drive), where the OS should be, and converted it to GPT.
    Reinstalled W10 using USB that contains Windows Installation Media. I selected the UEFI version of the USB in the BIOS boot menu.
    After Reinstall, DiskPart, (List Disk, Disk 0 is GPT), (List Volume, Volume 3 is Boot), (Select Volume 3, List Partition, 1=Recovery, 2=System, 3=Reserved, 4=primary)
    Rebooted from EaseUS Emergency disk, using the UEFI version of the DVD in the boot menu.
    Restored Disk 0 (C: ) from EaseUS partition backup of C:
    After restore completed successfully, system rebooted itself.
    Error – No operating system found.
    Rebooted from USB Windows Media. Went to Repair mode, Troubleshoot, Command Prompt
    DiskPart, (List Disk, Disk 0 is GPT), (Select Disk 0, List Partition, Only 1 partition, Primary)

What am I missing? After the EaseUS restore, only 1 partition was created on Disk 0. The C: drive appears to have all of the files.

Thanks for your help.

sumdumgai, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

System Restore takes 9GB on Drive C:

1. System Restore takes 9GB on Drive C: - Similar Threads - System Restore takes

2. Restore files to C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore files to C drive: Some time ago after having installed an SSD in my desktop and made it the C drive. I put the user files documents, photos, etc. on the HDD, D drive. Now I want to move them back to the C drive. Is there a recommended way to do that?...
  3. System Restore shows a missing C: drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore shows a missing C: drive: W10 Pro 20H2. Went to create a restore point and noticed something amiss. No clue as what this is about. Any help is appreciated in advance. See red notation here: 179606
  4. System Restore shows a missing C: drive

in Windows 10 Support
    System Restore shows a missing C: drive: W10 Pro 20H2. Went to create a restore point and noticed something amiss. No clue as what this is about. Any help is appreciated in advance. See red notation here: 179606
  5. System Restore taking up C: Drive disk space while being disabled!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Restore taking up C: Drive disk space while being disabled!: I am trying to free up space on my C: Drive. However, when looking under storage in Windows settings, I noticed that increasingly more space is being used toward System Restore. Now it is up to about 60 GB of space! I actually disabled System Restore from using any space on...
  6. Windows defender wrote around 9gb of data to my ssd drive (c: drive).

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender wrote around 9gb of data to my ssd drive (c: drive).: Hello everyone, so yesterday i run a full scan with windows defender and after some time i noticed my disk usage was a bit high. I opened task manager and saw the disk writing speed around 80-90 MBps. From what i gathered online, Windows defender, when confronted with zip...
  7. System restore taking hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System restore taking hours: My laptop wasn't booting uo so I tried to do a system restore. It has been around 6 hours since I started and it is still hasn't finished. What should I do submitted by /u/Re-Evolution7 [link] [comments]...
  8. Internal System Restore shows multiple drives C?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal System Restore shows multiple drives C?: I'm struggling with another problem on my PC, which is probably caused by malware (blocking user control), despite Kaspersky. I have solved similar software problems in the past with System Restore, which removed damaged or malicious installations. But when I call the...
  9. Recovery Drive over 9gb ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recovery Drive over 9gb ?: Hello Everyone, My desktop Recovery drive (D) is showing over 9gb full on my desktop. but my laptop is extremely less. Any Idea's as to why and how to fix it? Thanks...
  10. System Restore Taking Forever

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Restore Taking Forever: I had to do a system restore earlier today and its been around four hours since I started it. It still has the spinning dots and its in the restoring the registry phase. I selected it to be restored to a date two days ago, why is it taking so long and is there any way to make...