Windows 10: System restore takes almost a day now

Discus and support System restore takes almost a day now in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all, I performed a system restore to a point eleven days ago because of a malfunctioning driver. However, the system restore is currently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alexsicon, Sep 24, 2018.

1. alexsicon Win User

System restore takes almost a day now

Hello all,

I performed a system restore to a point eleven days ago because of a malfunctioning driver. However, the system restore is currently stuck at "System Restore is restoring the registry" and it's been at it for almost 24 hours now. What should I do? Thanks!

Alexsicon

:)

alexsicon, Sep 24, 2018

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

1. System restore takes almost a day now - Similar Threads - System restore takes

2. BSOD almost every day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD almost every day: My laptop crashes and turns into blue screen at least once every day. And I just don't know why. Most of the time the screen error turns out to be SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION, PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA, or MEMORY MANAGEMENT. I tried several methods to fix the blue screen...
  3. Been resetting my PC for almost a full day now

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Been resetting my PC for almost a full day now: Good day, everyone. I decided to reset my PC just around yesterday, and I was able to hit 99% after about 2-3 hours. Since then, it has been stuck at 99%. I’ve been waiting for about 16 hours now, and still nothing. What should I do at this point? Thanks. submitted by...
  4. System restore taking hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System restore taking hours: My laptop wasn't booting uo so I tried to do a system restore. It has been around 6 hours since I started and it is still hasn't finished. What should I do submitted by /u/Re-Evolution7 [link] [comments]...
  5. System Restore taking too long..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore taking too long..: Hello everyone and thank you for your time/attention. I have a question regarding system restore.. how long does it usually take? because mines have been restoring for about 2 hours now.. This is odd to me because I recently made a restore point3 hours agoand used it to...
  6. Windows system restore is taking forever

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows system restore is taking forever: So my game bar wont open as when i turn turn the slider to on, i chang the page and it turns itself off, so i saw a solution where im supposed to do a system restore, i made a restore point before initiating system restore but now its been quite a long time and it's still on...
  7. System Restore Taking Forever

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Restore Taking Forever: I had to do a system restore earlier today and its been around four hours since I started it. It still has the spinning dots and its in the restoring the registry phase. I selected it to be restored to a date two days ago, why is it taking so long and is there any way to make...
  8. System restore taking too long?

System restore taking too long?: I'm trying to restore my laptop to my restore point on Oct 9. It has been three hours and I'm unsure if there is something wrong. Any advice would be appreciated....
  9. System Restore taking too long..

System Restore taking too long..: Hello everyone and thank you for your time/attention. I have a question regarding system restore.. how long does it usually take? because mines have been restoring for about 2 hours now.. This is odd to me because I recently made a restore point(3 hours ago)and used it to...
  10. System Restore taking a long time

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore taking a long time: I am trying to use system restore but the screen has said that it is restoring the system for a very long time. My old windows XP computer seemed to do it very quickly. Do I just wait ? Would turning the computer off cause problems ? 65203