Windows 10: System Restore taking far too long

Discus and support System Restore taking far too long in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I started a system restore today and it's been restoring for about 3 hours now, which is obviously taking far too long. I don't really know what to do.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jui-Chen(Harry)Lee, Jul 24, 2019.

1. System Restore taking far too long

I started a system restore today and it's been restoring for about 3 hours now, which is obviously taking far too long. I don't really know what to do. Please reply ASAP! Thank you

Regards, Jui-Chen

:)

Jui-Chen(Harry)Lee, Jul 24, 2019
  2. raúl997 Win User

System Restore taking too long..

Hello everyone and thank you for your time/attention.

I have a question regarding system restore.. how long does it usually take? because mines have been restoring for about 2 hours now.. This is odd to me because I recently made a restore point(3 hours ago)and used it to restore my computer back so I didn't
    think it would take this long.

Did my computer freeze? The loading animation is still going and it says "Pease wait while your Windows files and settings are being restored. System Restore is restoring the registry.. ".

Thank you for the help.

raúl997, Jul 24, 2019
  3. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Jul 24, 2019
  4. System Restore taking far too long

Website take to long to load

Hi Hector,

There are several reasons why a website takes too long to respond. One of which is if the internet connection is intermittent. To isolate the issue, please answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you connected via wireless or wired connection?
    • Does this happen to all websites you visit?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

System Restore taking far too long

1. System Restore taking far too long - Similar Threads - System Restore taking

2. Restoring windows are taking too long and I'm worried!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring windows are taking too long and I'm worried!: I have read that restoring the windows only takes a couple of minutes or hours. However, mine is already days have passed since I restore it. I know that the restoring process got stuck and I'm aware as well that my computer has a lot of files on it. I would like to ask for...
  3. Cumulative updates take far too long to download/install

Cumulative updates take far too long to download/install: I can't believe it. Give me the good old days of Windows 7 or even go back to XP. Downloads and updates were considered long at 15 minutes but now with Windows 10 anywhere from 2 hours to a full day just to install some damn stupid update that will probably have no bearing on...
  4. Windows 10 - System restoration is taking too long.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 - System restoration is taking too long.: I was trying to fix the problem that the Windows 10 has agaisnt Ps4 controllers on DS4Windows. One of the fixes for this problem was to unnistall some updates on Windows that may be interfering with DS4. I tried and unnistalled an update but when i booted my laptop again it...
  5. System Restore taking too long..

System Restore taking too long..: Hello everyone and thank you for your time/attention. I have a question regarding system restore.. how long does it usually take? because mines have been restoring for about 2 hours now.. This is odd to me because I recently made a restore point3 hours agoand used it to...
  6. System Restore - How long is too long for the ‘system restore is initializing’ screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Restore - How long is too long for the ‘system restore is initializing’ screen: My PC has been on this screen for about 30 minutes. Is that normal? submitted by /u/osowavy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0pmnd/system_restore_how_long_is_too_long_for_the/
  7. system restoring point taking too long

system restoring point taking too long: It’s been almost 8 hours and its still stuck at “please wait while your windows files and settings are being restored System Restore is restoring the registry...”...
  8. System restore taking too long?

System restore taking too long?: I'm trying to restore my laptop to my restore point on Oct 9. It has been three hours and I'm unsure if there is something wrong. Any advice would be appreciated....
  9. System Restore taking too long..

System Restore taking too long..: Hello everyone and thank you for your time/attention. I have a question regarding system restore.. how long does it usually take? because mines have been restoring for about 2 hours now.. This is odd to me because I recently made a restore point(3 hours ago)and used it to...
  10. System Restore taking a long time

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore taking a long time: I am trying to use system restore but the screen has said that it is restoring the system for a very long time. My old windows XP computer seemed to do it very quickly. Do I just wait ? Would turning the computer off cause problems ? 65203

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how long does it take to system restore