Windows 10: System restore took over 3 hours

Discus and support System restore took over 3 hours in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Unable to boot into windows 10 after a failed windows update.Unsuccessfully tried everything I could find on internet before attempting a system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RichardCohen6, May 12, 2022.

1. System restore took over 3 hours

Unable to boot into windows 10 after a failed windows update.Unsuccessfully tried everything I could find on internet before attempting a system restore. Set up a system restore and all seemed to be going well. However, one hour passed and I was still watching the green bar move and seeing the same windows is restoring message.Just about every thread I read suggested it should take 30 to 45 minutes and if it did not work in three hours, it was frozen.Well, for some odd reason it took my PC over three hours but worked? Cannot tell you how many times I was about to hit the power button, but my

:)

RichardCohen6, May 12, 2022

2. my system restore took me several hours

i was stock on please wait while you windows files and settings are being restored system restore is restoring the registy. i was stock in the screen for more than 8 hours now.

Rose AnnOrilla, May 12, 2022
  3. nova Win User
    Black Screen after System Restore on Windows 10

Yesterday I did a System Restore, but as it took almost 3 hours I forcefully shut down the system thinking it is stuck. Now ,after switching it on, the Lenovo loading page shows up after which a black screen appears. I tried checking if I can do System Restore through the WinRE again but it's now showing that it came up with a problem and can't restore to previous version.

Can anyone please suggest what to do? I want to salvage this situation before having to remove all files.

My system is Lenovo with Windows 10

4. Tranbol Win User

System restore took over 3 hours

No bluetooth after system restore

Thank you for your reply.

I mean I have used a Windows system restore point. I tried restoring bluetooth with commands in CMD (sfc/scannow; DISM /Online.....) and by updating and uninstalling devices in the device manager. Update did not work. Uninstalling bluetooth devices made Bluetooth disappear out of the hidden devices list.
    All my steps I took worked but did not change anything in my bluetooth device list.

I am using the bluetooth of my mainboard. MSI Z370M Gaming Pro AC
    My guess would be, that disabling the bluetooth network adapter before using a system restore point, disabled Bluetooth after using the system restore point.

In the device manager I get this message in the USB Device list for a unknown USB Device:
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
    A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Tranbol, May 12, 2022
Thema:

System restore took over 3 hours

1. System restore took over 3 hours - Similar Threads - System restore took

2. System restore taking over 10 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore taking over 10 hours: Hi. My Windows system restore is taking over 10 hours. It seems to be stuck on restoring registry files, but hard drive light is still flashing like it's doing something. How long do I wait? Before forcing shut down.I have had a accounting program "Sage" on it and at some...
  3. System restore taking over 10 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore taking over 10 hours: Hi. My Windows system restore is taking over 10 hours. It seems to be stuck on restoring registry files, but hard drive light is still flashing like it's doing something. How long do I wait? Before forcing shut down.I have had a accounting program "Sage" on it and at some...
  4. System restore taking over 10 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System restore took over 3 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore took over 3 hours: Unable to boot into windows 10 after a failed windows update.Unsuccessfully tried everything I could find on internet before attempting a system restore. Set up a system restore and all seemed to be going well. However, one hour passed and I was still watching the green bar...
  6. System restore took over 3 hours

System restore took over 3 hours: Unable to boot into windows 10 after a failed windows update.Unsuccessfully tried everything I could find on internet before attempting a system restore. Set up a system restore and all seemed to be going well. However, one hour passed and I was still watching the green bar...
  7. System Restore has been running for over two hours

System Restore has been running for over two hours: I ran system restore for windows 10 and it has been on the blue screen saying "restoring the registry" for over two hours. Should I keep waiting or shut down the computer?...
  8. Restore Point Taking Over An Hour?

Restore Point Taking Over An Hour?: I had to do a restore point for my laptop on Windows 10 and it's been doing that for over an hour. Currently, it's stuck on "System Restore is restoring the registry..." How long does this take?...
  9. my system restore took me several hours

my system restore took me several hours: i have experiencing mfc110.dll missing issue so i decide to do system restore.i look for some ways to fix this but all was failed. so i decided to do my last resort, to system restore. but unfotunately, up until now my laptop was on system restore screen after several hours....
  10. Windows update 1803 took 3 hours , is it normal ? :)

Windows update 1803 took 3 hours , is it normal ? :): Hey guys , i recently cleaned the download folder ( which is located in the software distribution folder ) , because i was always getting an error when i was trying to do this update 1803 , now i cleaned this folder and the update took 3-4 hours to finish downloading . Is...