Windows 10: System Restore unending

Discus and support System Restore unending in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had a crash and all I could do was a System Restore from my Back-up. The restore went through the process of loading files and then went into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Unico, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Unico Win User

System Restore unending

I had a crash and all I could do was a System Restore from my Back-up.
    The restore went through the process of loading files and then went into "Finalizing file restore..." And has been in it for the past 5 hours - looks like a loop to me.
    Can you tell me whatI should do? It seems all I can do is a hard turn off my laptop an restart it but I'm very much afraid it will mess up things further.
    All I can tell you right now is that I am on Windows 10 and I believe it is the latest version.
    Right now, I'm using my I-phone.
    Many thanks

:)

Unico, Nov 16, 2020

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Nov 16, 2020
  4. jellyroll Win User

System Restore unending

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CSystem Restore unending :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CSystem Restore unending :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

System Restore unending

1. System Restore unending - Similar Threads - System Restore unending

2. system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system restore: Windows 11 Pro, Build 22621.ni_release220506-1250 . System restore will not engage, and any program that try's to download reports "unknown error". This also happens when "SARA" is run ... can anyone help?...
  3. System Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore: Hi, my windows 10 laptop that Ive had for a few years now started acting strange earlier today. So last night I was trying to transfer some files from my phone to my computer which didnt work, so I decided to sleep on it and try again. While this was happening I was...
  4. System Restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore: Hi, my windows 10 laptop that Ive had for a few years now started acting strange earlier today. So last night I was trying to transfer some files from my phone to my computer which didnt work, so I decided to sleep on it and try again. While this was happening I was...
  5. System Restore unending

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore unending: I had a crash and all I could do was a System Restore from my Back-up. The restore went through the process of loading files and then went into "Finalizing file restore..." And has been in it for the past 5 hours - looks like a loop to me. Can you tell me whatI should do? It...
  6. Unending loading screen for the restauration of the system

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unending loading screen for the restauration of the system: My pc bugged and i am always welcomed by the infamous blue screen who tells me that my saves have a problem. So i launched the restauration of the entire pc and it's still going 2h later. submitted by /u/Clownsanity_Reddit [link] [comments]...
  7. System restore

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System restore: My laptop get autorepair so I think to restore laptop and by restoreing my laptop it get stuck for more than a month please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore/3c35bb61-ec76-4b1a-b061-8cee1b7437ad
  8. System Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore: I'm running Win 64 version 1903. I'm not able to set up a system restore configuration. When I try I get an error message: "There's been an unexpected error in the property page: System Restore encountered an error. Please try to run System Restore again 0x81000203...
  9. System Restore

System Restore: Every day or two may computer creates a restore point described as Language Pack Removal. As far as I know I have no language packs installed and I have no idea what language packs are being removed to cause a Restore Point to be created. Can anyone help me stop these...
  10. system restore

system restore: In Win10, can you temporarily disable/turn off system restore and still keep your restore points? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore/ae11042a-5291-49ef-9d5c-f326d1a7677f