Windows 10: System Restore unending

Discus and support System Restore unending in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I had a crash and all I could do was a System Restore from my Back-up. The restore went through the process of loading files and then went into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Unico, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Unico Win User

System Restore unending

I had a crash and all I could do was a System Restore from my Back-up.
    The restore went through the process of loading files and then went into "Finalizing file restore..." And has been in it for the past 5 hours - looks like a loop to me.
    Can you tell me whatI should do? It seems all I can do is a hard turn off my laptop an restart it but I'm very much afraid it will mess up things further.
    All I can tell you right now is that I am on Windows 10 and I believe it is the latest version.
    Right now, I'm using my I-phone.
    Many thanks

:)

Unico, Nov 18, 2020
  2. Jacee Win User

System Restore unending

Run System Restore from Safe Mode with Command Prompt

1. Boot your computer from installation media as mentioned above.

2. On the “Install Windows” screen, select Repair your computer.
    3. On the “Choose an option” screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart subsequently.
    4. After your PC restarts, press 6 or F6 to restart your PC in Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
    5. When your computer boots again, tap the search button in the task bar and type “cmd”. Right click on the “cmd” and select “Run as administrator”.
    6. In Command Prompt, type rstrui.exe and press Enter. Then, follow the System Restore wizard to restore your computer by choosing an available restore point from the list.

See : Windows 10 System Restore Stuck on Initializing or Restoring Files︱Fixed

Jacee, Nov 18, 2020
  3. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

System Restore unending

Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

System Restore unending

1. System Restore unending - Similar Threads - System Restore unending

2. System Restore unending

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore unending: I had a crash and all I could do was a System Restore from my Back-up. The restore went through the process of loading files and then went into "Finalizing file restore..." And has been in it for the past 5 hours - looks like a loop to me. Can you tell me whatI should do? It...
  3. Unending loading screen for the restauration of the system

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unending loading screen for the restauration of the system: My pc bugged and i am always welcomed by the infamous blue screen who tells me that my saves have a problem. So i launched the restauration of the entire pc and it's still going 2h later. submitted by /u/Clownsanity_Reddit [link] [comments]...
  4. System Restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Restore: Hi I accidentally backed up my portable sat-nav into my windows 10 and now the memory is full. Does anyone know how to restore the system in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore/021c72ee-993a-4da4-b0fa-50187bb87dc0"
  5. system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system restore: My system restore is greyed out. This is a home built computer. I have a SSD 5G as my C drive. Just noticed this, installed windows 10 student in January. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore/cf9ca48a-a20a-4297-8ab1-35c54fb7f1e4
  6. system restore

system restore: Im doing a system restore and only rolling back about 9 hrs or so. But it's been stuck on initializing for a couple hrs. I dont remember it taking this long �� any tips? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore/0c293a02-97b8-44c2-ae70-3d6ad3da6af6
  7. System Restore

System Restore: System Restore only goes back 30 Days. Need to go further back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore/b08a58db-0a13-4c6b-93e0-d2fc4ae33b34
  8. System Restore

System Restore: Hi whenever I use system restore it says it was not succesful, i've tried many diferent resore points and done it in safe mode with no success, any ideas please? I'm using windows 10...
  9. system restore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    system restore: Hello I just did a system restore and cannot find my devices or drivers. How can I fix it? I also can't get my homescreen to a full screen. I have tried to do this by using the arrows to fill the screen. I do have a full screen on my screen saver. I'm not tech savy at all....
  10. System Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore: Unable to find System Restore function in W10.Could someone please guide me on how to find this very valuable tool which has rescued me many times. 20502