Windows 10: System Restore - What is this folder ?

Discus and support System Restore - What is this folder ? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; and how do I remove from Available Drives list ? Just did a Repair Install and this mystery folder shows up now. Wasn't there before, or ever. TIA.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by mrgeek, Dec 6, 2019.

1. mrgeek Win User

System Restore - What is this folder ?

and how do I remove from Available Drives list ? Just did a Repair Install and this mystery folder shows up now. Wasn't there before, or ever. TIA.

System Restore - What is this folder ? [​IMG]

:)

mrgeek, Dec 6, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 6, 2019
  3. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Dec 6, 2019
  4. System Restore - What is this folder ?

system restore, no cd

Mussels did not fail, those two are answers are very common with what you are describing. You can try to go back to a system restore point located in the help folder in control panel. Have you created any recent restore points?

t77snapshot, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

System Restore - What is this folder ?

1. System Restore - What is this folder ? - Similar Threads - System Restore folder

2. system restore does not work. what is in Windows.ws-WS hidden folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system restore does not work. what is in Windows.ws-WS hidden folder: My system drive is full and Storage Sense cannot find Windows.old although there is a hidden folder Windows.ws-WS. Is this where windows old files reside now?...
  3. system restore does not work. what is in Windows.ws-WS hidden folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system restore does not work. what is in Windows.ws-WS hidden folder: My system drive is full and Storage Sense cannot find Windows.old although there is a hidden folder Windows.ws-WS. Is this where windows old files reside now?...
  4. What is the use of System Restore?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the use of System Restore?: What is the use of system restore? What are the benefits? And is it worth creating a restore point? I read that disabling it may increase the performance of my SSD....
  5. What is the use of System Restore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the use of System Restore?: What is the use of system restore? What are the benefits? And is it worth creating a restore point? I read that disabling it may increase the performance of my SSD....
  6. What is the use of System Restore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. What is this "Image" folder in System Restore? What does it contain and should I turn on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this "Image" folder in System Restore? What does it contain and should I turn on...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Vyto-Khron [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m5ndrx/what_is_this_image_folder_in_system_restore_what/
  8. What to do after interrupting a stuck system restore

What to do after interrupting a stuck system restore: Hello, I had a common crackling speakers issue with my brand new XPS13 2in1 2020. I temporarily fixed the issue by disabling sound enhancement in the sound options, but this solution reduced sound quality. I was hoping for a better method. Yesterday, when I installed the...
  9. what is a reasonable size for system restore?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    what is a reasonable size for system restore?: This a generic question; so, the only relevant specs are: Windows 10 Pro x64 w/ 128GB SSD Windows Home x64 w/ 256GB SSD I am accustomed to much larger C drives where System Restore size is not relevant. If I did my research properly, an individual restore point requires...
  10. What is the status of System Restore?

What is the status of System Restore?: I am curious what Microsoft's position is on System Restore. Since they turn it off every time we upgrade to a new build, are they trying to tell us something. I know you have to turn it back on after every upgrade, but I am wondering why they turn it off rather than just...