System restore will not complete

Discus and support System restore will not complete in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I screwed up and deleted my DNS cache. Now I'm trying to get it back. It's come down to using system restore which will not complete a restore because,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by icDavey, Jul 4, 2018.

1. icDavey Win User

I screwed up and deleted my DNS cache. Now I'm trying to get it back. It's come down to using system restore which will not complete a restore because, it says, it is not finding a file that it needs. I had this problem once before and ended up just giving up on using system restore. I don't know why I can't find the DNS cache with Recuva but I can't. Can anybody bail me out?

:)

icDavey, Jul 4, 2018
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Failed to complete System Restore

Hello Passegua,

The error code 0x80070005 may indicate a few things that are causing System Restore Failure. It could be corrupted system files, conflict with other programs such as Anti-virus protection, and etc. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest
    that you perform System restore in Safe Mode. Kindly refer to this link for more information and steps.

Another step that I can suggest is Clean Boot, if the above step fails.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Jul 4, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    System Restore did not complete successfully.

@Stevekir
    You might want to try:
    • Click on Start button (1). Hold down SHIFT KEY+Click On Power (2) then click on Restart(3)

System restore will not complete [​IMG]
    • The PC will reboot and get into the Recovery Environment
    • Click on Trouble Shoot->Advanced Options->System Restore.

System restore will not complete [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jul 4, 2018
  4. Bob Hennessy Win User

System Restore did not complete successfully.

I have somewhat the same problem, except that my AV is Windows Defender.
    I have a program that will not run and their support system suggested a restore point. However, when I tried to use an existing restore point, after it finished, I received an error message stating that System restore did not complete because an AV program was probably running. I turned off Windows Defender and tried another System restore, only to receive the same error message. Any suggestions?

Bob Hennessy, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

1. System restore will not complete - Similar Threads - System restore complete

2. I am trying to reinstall windows 10 but system restore doesn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am trying to reinstall windows 10 but system restore doesn't work: Windows 10 on my laptop stopped working so i decided to reinstall windows using a USB. I changed the boot prority, and i pressed system repair. After that I was supposed to press system restore, but it didn't work. It said "To use system restore, you must specify which...
  3. system restore

system restore: error code 0x80070005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/system-restore/e4d500e5-40d9-4c3c-8d50-7442b296c145
  4. System restore did not complete successfully error 0x80070005

System restore did not complete successfully error 0x80070005: I am using windows 10 Pro Ver 1803 OS build 17134.112 Yesterday I tried to use System Restore to revert to a previous restore point. The process failed delivering this message: System restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were...
  5. System restore will not complete

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore will not complete: I screwed up and deleted my DNS cache. Now I'm trying to get it back. It's come down to using system restore which will not complete a restore because, it says, it is not finding a file that it needs. I had this problem once before and ended up just giving up on using system...
  6. System Restore did not complete successfully...

System Restore did not complete successfully...: Getting the following error message when trying to do System Restore on a clean install of Windows 10 with the Creator's Update (Version 1803)... After running System Restore the system displays the following message at the desktop after logging in: System Restore could not...
  7. Trying a system restore and it won't complete

Trying a system restore and it won't complete: I've tried a system restore twice now and it won't complete. It states that it's likely an antivirus stopping it. I only have windows defender (and free malwarebytes on demand which is not active). I disabled real time protection on Windows defender and cloud etc and still...
  8. System restore did not complete message (It actually did)

System restore did not complete message (It actually did): Hi all, I just did a system restore and once my PC rebooted I got the message that it hadn't completed successfully (Second image) I opened the system restore panel to check and see that it actually did complete (First image) So I'm not sure what to do now?...
  9. System Restore did not complete successfully.

System Restore did not complete successfully.: To confirm that the Restore Points system was working I created a new restore point and used System Restore to "go back" to it. I got the message in the attachment. I then tried to go back to one about 5 days ago with the same result. In past years I have a couple of times...
  10. Failure to complete a system restore, system repair and system RESET.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Failure to complete a system restore, system repair and system RESET.: Hello everyone and thanks in advance for anyone that helps. I am really troubled as I have been googling the hell out of this and trying many solutions with none of them working. 1) My pc first entered a loop when I tried to remove mcafee with their official remover....