Windows 10: System restore will NOT work. I have tried partial, and full restore and the program...

Discus and support System restore will NOT work. I have tried partial, and full restore and the program... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have tried to restore my computer, and the program continues to exit program before restore is finished.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GBrooks799, Dec 17, 2018.

1. System restore will NOT work. I have tried partial, and full restore and the program...

I have tried to restore my computer, and the program continues to exit program before restore is finished.

:)

GBrooks799, Dec 17, 2018
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Thrall Win User
    Is There a Way To Protect System Restore?

So I just got off trying to fix my dad's computer, for the 2nd time in a few months, because it has some kind of malware or trojan on it. The first thing I always go to to fix his system is system restore because he doesn't make many changes, if any at all, to windows, software, or basically anything system restore restores other than updating windows. But the last few times he's had various problems system restore, with either has it's restore points being deleted or restore won't even start up. So basically I really need help finding a way to either password protect system restore (preferably for free), get a 3rd restore program that won't get disabled by this malware crap, or any other alternative. I really appreciate any help you can give me because I've had this happen to a few computers that have come my way to fix and i wish there where a way to stop it.

Edit: Just found a program call Settings Lock (http://tinyurl.com/cuzen4) that I tested and it did successfully stop me from turning off system restore or changing it--but it's $25 and i'm not sure if restore could be turned off another other than my gui interface with that program so i'm still hoping to find something better or at least hear some more info about it.

Thrall, Dec 17, 2018
  4. System restore will NOT work. I have tried partial, and full restore and the program...

Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

System restore will NOT work. I have tried partial, and full restore and the program...

1. System restore will NOT work. I have tried partial, and full restore and the program... - Similar Threads - System restore tried

2. full storage after system restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    full storage after system restore: I just did a system restore and the storage is full disk c even though there are no big files in it other than system files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-storage-after-system-restore/c465a58f-7ab4-4910-940d-e6095bea9e6d
  3. full storage after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    full storage after system restore: I just did a system restore and the storage is full disk c even though there are no big files in it other than system files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/full-storage-after-system-restore/c465a58f-7ab4-4910-940d-e6095bea9e6d
  4. full storage after system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System Restore not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Restore not working?: Most of my drives were deleted/disappeared for some reason. I've tried everything but nothing would work. So I just decided to System Restore, but the drives I want it to restore cannot be restored because it's deleted. And I want to bring it back by restoring it. Any help?...
  6. Trying to restore full screen Firefox

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to restore full screen Firefox: My dog was sitting on my lap and hit something on the keyboard with her paws. The screen on Facebook has shrunk to a mini size in the middle of the monitor. Every other website is fine. How can we restore full screen to undo what she did?...
  7. System restore not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore not working: The problem is that I can make system restore points but they disappear from the wizard and system volume information>systemrestore folder almost immediately. I know this has been covered in many places over the years but none of those approaches works for me. I have...
  8. System restore is not working...

in Windows 10 Support
    System restore is not working...: I am having an issue with my Windows 10 desktop. Starting from the beginning, whenever, I go out of town, I remove my HDD from my desktop, put it in an external case and hide it. I have done this many times without issue. I went out of town and returned on Tuesday. Tuesday...
  9. System Restore not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore not working: Got a problem with the "Create Restore Point" function, it just hangs up the computer and needs TM to shut it down. This is affecting my Anti-Virus software as well as a software removal program since they both try to create a Restore Point before proceeding. I just tried...
  10. Has anyone tried w10 full system backup and restore?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Has anyone tried w10 full system backup and restore?: Though some testing. Windows 10 is a little too picky about being changed. I was trying my backup software & I also tried partition to partition copy using Mini partition wizard. Both methods ended with windows 10 not able to boot. All windows 10 files were restored & I tried...