Windows 10: System Restore Windows 10

Discus and support System Restore Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; If you had created a system image, that could account for the larger amount of space that was previously used. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by f14tomcat, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

System Restore Windows 10

If you had created a system image, that could account for the larger amount of space that was previously used.

Brink, Sep 22, 2016
  2. Sonjstar Win User

I appreciate your help. I'm not very computer literate, My computer is working fine, understanding this restore point was driving me crazy. Thanks

Sonjstar, Sep 22, 2016
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I can certainly relate. It's easy to get confused with the way it works.

Brink, Sep 22, 2016
  4. patchel Win User

I was having trouble when trying to reboot. The computer could not perform startup repair so I tried system restore. It ran all night and the screen now says "System Restore Finished". There is no restart button or anything else. Will anything else happen or should I press my computer's reset button?

patchel, Jan 4, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello patchel, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you did a system restore at boot, then it should have a restart option like in step 14 of OPTION ONE. You could reset the computer to continue booting to Windows to see if it has actually successfully finished.

If you did a system restore from within Windows, then that should be it like in step 17 of OPTION TWO.

Brink, Jan 4, 2017
  6. patchel Win User
    It looks most like step 13 of option one, except the green bar is completely filled and it says "Finished"

patchel, Jan 4, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In that case, you should be able to safely manually restart the computer to continue to Windows.

Brink, Jan 4, 2017
  8. patchel Win User

Thanks, my computer appears to have started ok.

patchel, Jan 4, 2017
  9. shimself Win User
    I'm contemplating a system restore but before I do I looked at the list of files (drivers) which might need redoing. Which was absolutely huge, seemingly because of a glitch over date formats (see screenshot). I'm guessing it's not a problem, but what do you think. And how exactly did MS let this go so utterly haywire?

System Restore Windows 10 [​IMG]

System Restore Windows 10 [​IMG]

shimself, Sep 9, 2017
  10. I would take those screen shots to mean that you have chosen a restore point of Sept 2, and that all of the items in the first and third boxes have been added to your system AFTER that date, mostly by Windows Update.

And that those added items will be replaced by the items in the second and fourth box.

I assume you do not have a more recent restore point that is still old enough to solve whatever problem you may have.

I suppose that all of those items in the first and third boxes will be sent to you once again in the future, mostly as part of Windows continuing updates.

I faced a similar situation 2 or 3 days ago and said yes to it and haven't had any problems. Within a day of my successful restore, Windows said I was once again up to date.

I don't pretend to fully understand Windows Update, but it's pretty much unavoidable--you either deal with it or go to some other operating system. You get to choose whether or not to submit.

ignatzatsonic, Sep 9, 2017
  11. I would blame MalwareBytes, not Microsoft. Anti-rootkit feature protects drivers from being infected.

TairikuOkami, Sep 9, 2017
  12. shimself Win User
    Actually I have solved my own problem
    The screenshot shows that all the drivers are in fact the same date, at the top they are like 2017-09-10 (10sep2017, yyyy-mm-dd), at the bottom they are in in the format 10/09/2017 dd/mm/yyyy.
    The solution was to revert the system date format to dd/mm/yy and all of a sudden the restore said that the only thing I would lose would be malwarebytes, it now discerned that no drivers had been altered.
    Thanks anyway. It's not the first time that just writing a post leads me to the answer.

shimself, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. System Restore Windows 10 - Similar Threads - System Restore

2. Cut and paste program files from C to D drive. Things went haywire. Did a system restore,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cut and paste program files from C to D drive. Things went haywire. Did a system restore,...: Hi,My son ran out of space on his computer so he cut and paste all of his files from C drive to D drive. Things starting being wonky. He realized his error. We researched a solution and so he did a complete system restore, deleting all of his personal files. After the...
  3. Cut and paste program files from C to D drive. Things went haywire. Did a system restore,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cut and paste program files from C to D drive. Things went haywire. Did a system restore,...: Hi,My son ran out of space on his computer so he cut and paste all of his files from C drive to D drive. Things starting being wonky. He realized his error. We researched a solution and so he did a complete system restore, deleting all of his personal files. After the...
  4. I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.: Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎15/‎01/‎2022OS build 19045.4046Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.Its as if the OS is blocking me entirely....
  5. I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.

I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.: Edition Windows 10 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎15/‎01/‎2022OS build 19045.4046Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0I cannot download or install any games/apps chrome or software after preforming system restore.Its as if the OS is blocking me entirely....
  6. System restore partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore partition: I'm going to delete the default partition table on an old Surface Pro see first image.Now, there are six partitions and the last one /dev/sda6 should be the one to save if I want to restore factory settings see second image.Link to images: https://imgur.com/a/vjfTZdLI can...
  7. System restore partition

System restore partition: I'm going to delete the default partition table on an old Surface Pro see first image.Now, there are six partitions and the last one /dev/sda6 should be the one to save if I want to restore factory settings see second image.Link to images: https://imgur.com/a/vjfTZdLI can...
  8. System restore partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. I am trying to do a system restore. I have the key but my keyboard is not working. How do I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to do a system restore. I have the key but my keyboard is not working. How do I...: My keyboard was not working. I tried to do a system restore. I inadvertently depressed a key which stopped the restore. Got a black screen. Trying to do a restore once more. Got restore key but cannot enter the number as keyboard is not working. How do I enter the key number....
  10. I am trying to do a system restore. I have the key but my keyboard is not working. How do I...

I am trying to do a system restore. I have the key but my keyboard is not working. How do I...: My keyboard was not working. I tried to do a system restore. I inadvertently depressed a key which stopped the restore. Got a black screen. Trying to do a restore once more. Got restore key but cannot enter the number as keyboard is not working. How do I enter the key number....