Windows 10: System Restore Wont Work - Can't Extract a Certain FIle.. HELP!

Discus and support System Restore Wont Work - Can't Extract a Certain FIle.. HELP! in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I cant do a system restore. When I try to i get an error that says this: [img] I deleted the recycle bin in safe mode. But after I tried to run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by yahanna, Apr 15, 2019.

1. yahanna Win User

System Restore Wont Work - Can't Extract a Certain FIle.. HELP!

I cant do a system restore. When I try to i get an error that says this:

System Restore Wont Work - Can't Extract a Certain FIle.. HELP! [​IMG]

I deleted the recycle bin in safe mode. But after I tried to run system restore again i safe mode I get the same error message.

The message says it failed to extract a certain file. I think this may have to do with a file that Malwarebytes found, quarantined and deleted. But not sure.

So how dd I fix this?

:)

yahanna, Apr 15, 2019
  2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Clark Ari Win User

System Restore - System restore failed to extract the file ...... (0x8007005) error

Hi Loucille,

One of the possible reasons why the error code 0x8007005 occurs when performing system restore is due to corrupted system files that caused software conflicts. Since you have tried several steps to resolve the issue, we recommend that you
    perform a System Restore in safe mode. To boot your device in
    safe mode kindly click on this link. This will start Windows in a basic state, using a limited
    set of files and drivers.

Once done, we suggest that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. System Restore will be able to revert your PC or laptop to their previous state, which can be used to repair and recover system malfunctions or issues. Restoring won’t affect
    your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

If in case that the issue persists, we suggest that you run the System File Checker tool. This will be able
    to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore it. We also suggest that you run the DISM command to repair the Windows image on your system. Follow the steps provided
    on this link for the complete guide on how to use
    the tool.

Please post back with the result.

Clark Ari, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

1. System Restore Wont Work - Can't Extract a Certain FIle.. HELP! - Similar Threads - System Restore Wont

2. System Restore failed to extract the file C:\$Extend\$Deleted from the restore point.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore failed to extract the file C:\$Extend\$Deleted from the restore point.: System Restore failed to extract the file C:\$Extend\$Deleted from the restore point.An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. 0x80070005im getting these errors when trying to go back to a restore point, what do i do?...
  3. System Restore failed to extract the file C:\$Extend\$Deleted from the restore point.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore failed to extract the file C:\$Extend\$Deleted from the restore point.: System Restore failed to extract the file C:\$Extend\$Deleted from the restore point.An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. 0x80070005im getting these errors when trying to go back to a restore point, what do i do?...
  4. "System restore failed to extract the file "

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "System restore failed to extract the file ": Hello, I am end up in Blue screen and when I try to restore this is error I am getting "system restore failed to extract the file C:\Program filesx86\Microsoft office\root\office16\INKCOMMENT.DLL from the restore point" Any help is much appreciated....
  5. "System restore failed to extract the file "

"System restore failed to extract the file ": Hello, I am end up in Blue screen and when I try to restore this is error I am getting "system restore failed to extract the file C:\Program filesx86\Microsoft office\root\office16\INKCOMMENT.DLL from the restore point" Any help is much appreciated....
  6. "System restore failed to extract the file "

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. System restore failed to extract the file, error 0x80071160

in Windows 10 News
    System restore failed to extract the file, error 0x80071160: [ATTACH]System Restore in Windows is one of the oldest and essential features which can help you recover a deleted file, and take you to the […] This article System restore failed to extract the file, error 0x80071160 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. bootrec.dll is corrupt, System restore failed to extract

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bootrec.dll is corrupt, System restore failed to extract: Hi, I have an infinite repair loop in my Windows 10.0.17134.1 laptop, 1. Firstly it says "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your pc. Logfile: D:/......... Some path/Srt/SrtTrail.txt 2. I went to troubleshoot > advanced > cmd, and opened the log file, it says,...
  9. "System Restore failed to extract the file (...\OneDrive) from the restore point."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "System Restore failed to extract the file (...\OneDrive) from the restore point.": Since updating to Windows 1803, system protection does not work. Restore will not restore from the restore point created during the update. Nor will it restore from any new restore point I create. I get the message: System Restore did not complete successfully. Your...
  10. Auto Extract Winrar File on Certain Folder

Auto Extract Winrar File on Certain Folder: Dear All, Is there any program or application to auto extract winrar file on certain folder? For example if we added a winrar file on that folder, then the file will automatically extracted into specified folder. Thank you in advance omega Boost 101163

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system restore failed to replace file recycle bim

2. restore point failed to extract onedrive