Windows 10: System Restore working for hours

Discus and support System Restore working for hours in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I use Windows 10 My File Explorer stopped working suddenly, after numerous efforts it didnt respond then i started system restore it ran for more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KishlayKishore, Jun 20, 2019.

1. System Restore working for hours

I use Windows 10

My File Explorer stopped working suddenly, after numerous efforts it didnt respond then i started system restore it ran for more than 7 hrs and still was displaying "restoring the registry "

I switched off the pc

Should i run it again

:)

KishlayKishore, Jun 20, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jun 20, 2019
  3. tensone Win User
    Windows system restore - taking 2 hours plus ?

Tried a system restore on 2 occasions today.

First session ran for over 2hrs with the screen saying "Please wait while etc etc".

Read that if runs more than an hour it may be frozen and suggests a hard reset of the device.

The second session is doing the same restoring for 2 hours plus.

Is this expected or an error/fault somewhere on the system causing it run more than an hour etc.

tensone, Jun 20, 2019
  4. Pinchy Win User

System Restore working for hours

windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Turn off system restore in XP altogether...or if you dont want to, AsRocks suggestion should work :\

Pinchy, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

System Restore working for hours

1. System Restore working for hours - Similar Threads - System Restore working

2. System restore taking over 10 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore taking over 10 hours: Hi. My Windows system restore is taking over 10 hours. It seems to be stuck on restoring registry files, but hard drive light is still flashing like it's doing something. How long do I wait? Before forcing shut down.I have had a accounting program "Sage" on it and at some...
  3. System restore taking over 10 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore taking over 10 hours: Hi. My Windows system restore is taking over 10 hours. It seems to be stuck on restoring registry files, but hard drive light is still flashing like it's doing something. How long do I wait? Before forcing shut down.I have had a accounting program "Sage" on it and at some...
  4. System restore taking over 10 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System restore took over 3 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore took over 3 hours: Unable to boot into windows 10 after a failed windows update.Unsuccessfully tried everything I could find on internet before attempting a system restore. Set up a system restore and all seemed to be going well. However, one hour passed and I was still watching the green bar...
  6. System restore took over 3 hours

System restore took over 3 hours: Unable to boot into windows 10 after a failed windows update.Unsuccessfully tried everything I could find on internet before attempting a system restore. Set up a system restore and all seemed to be going well. However, one hour passed and I was still watching the green bar...
  7. System Restore has been going for hours.

System Restore has been going for hours.: I wanted to make space on the C: drive of my new laptop Samsung Galaxy Book Flex 15.6 using a micro SD card as permanent storage. The laptop has a built in card reader specifically for expanding storage, so I installed a brand new 1tb card and formatted it the way my limited...
  8. System Restore taking 25 hours and counting!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Restore taking 25 hours and counting!: I am on a Dell laptop with 512 gb storage with a bit less than half of that full. Prior to the system restore, i ran disk scans to see if anything was wrong and nothing showed up. I also did a full computer scan a week ago using my antivirus and it said my computer was clean....
  9. System restore taking hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System restore taking hours: My laptop wasn't booting uo so I tried to do a system restore. It has been around 6 hours since I started and it is still hasn't finished. What should I do submitted by /u/Re-Evolution7 [link] [comments]...
  10. System restore running for hours

System restore running for hours: My computer running Windows 10 suddenly seemed to have no connection to the speakers in my computer and the drivers were MIA. Decided to run a system restore to see if that would fix and it’s been running for 8 hours. I need to use the computer. What do i do?...