Windows 10: System Restore

Discus and support System Restore in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I probably should have not done this...would have saved time redownllading programs lost and saved a bunch of time and frustration. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by daveeeeeeeeeeee, Oct 30, 2018.

1. System Restore

I probably should have not done this...would have saved time redownllading programs lost and saved a bunch of time and frustration.

I was uninstalling a program that will update software on your computer with 3rd party programs. Never ised it so I uninstalled it. Before I know it, ot is erasing and uninstalling all my other software.

I cancel out of it.

Not sure what to do, decided to go with a system restore. Took for ever and once done and rebooted, the dialogue appears where the little circle spins when turning it on normally. First one states, “prepairing for automatic repairs”. The next one says, “diagnosing for repair”. Finally, I get, “attempting automatic repaires.”

Ater this is done, get a blue screen stating, “Automatic Repair couldn’t repair your PC. Am given two options to shutdown which would take me through thiis process over again with the same results. The other being Advanced Options with various choices. One is to reset this pc or more advanced options. I use the System Restore and after going through that process, I am told this is goid to go resetting to the previous day.

When done and reboot...yue whole same process jappens again with prepairing, diagnosing, and repairing. I have done this twice now with system restore and still cannot het my computer to boot and load the operating system as I keep getting the same blue screen with yhe same options.

I am not sure what else I can do.

Understand the only reason I did this is so it can send me to a time when all my programs were available and not erased. There was actially nothing wrong except for the hassle to go find this spftware and redownliad.

After this experience-will never think of doing this ever again. Best way I can explain this is My computer is in this eternal loop between whatever I do to try and fix this, it will continue to try to do diagnosis and repairs and when done...if I use pthwr options-it does the same thing in diagnosing and repairing and restarting no matter what I do. Sorry for the mistakes, am tuping this on my phone.

Thanks

Dave

and I can only reboot ir try tgese pther optuons which

:)

daveeeeeeeeeeee, Oct 30, 2018

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

System Restore

SYSTEM RESTORE

Hello Angel,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system conflict when it tried to perform a system restore. For us to better assist you on performing a system restore, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message are you getting? If possible can you send us a screenshot using the attach photo feature on your reply.
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.

Meanwhile, for a walkthrough on how to perform a system restore, kindly follow the steps on this

article
    and see the section that says Restore from a system restore point.
    On another note, we also suggest that you check the Windows Defender settings and lower down the security if it is on high security. This can also be another issue why it is preventing an update to be installed.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

System Restore

1. System Restore - Similar Threads - System Restore

2. Continuing problems with System Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuing problems with System Restore: I need to restore my system to a particular previous date, but keep running into problems with stuff from the iCloud directory. The first time I tried, I got this error message: System Restore failed while deleting the following file/directory.Path:...
  3. Continuing problems with System Restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Continuing problems with System Restore: I need to restore my system to a particular previous date, but keep running into problems with stuff from the iCloud directory. The first time I tried, I got this error message: System Restore failed while deleting the following file/directory.Path:...
  4. Continuing problems with System Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. So my pc ran into a bad system config and I restore and till I got back into my pc and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So my pc ran into a bad system config and I restore and till I got back into my pc and...: It would not work it kept saying bad system config https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-my-pc-ran-into-a-bad-system-config-and-i/21df7bce-995d-46fb-a790-583589d2ef4b
  6. So my pc ran into a bad system config and I restore and till I got back into my pc and...

So my pc ran into a bad system config and I restore and till I got back into my pc and...: It would not work it kept saying bad system config https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-my-pc-ran-into-a-bad-system-config-and-i/21df7bce-995d-46fb-a790-583589d2ef4b
  7. So my pc ran into a bad system config and I restore and till I got back into my pc and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. What password do I need to enter to perform a reset of my computer or system restore from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What password do I need to enter to perform a reset of my computer or system restore from...: After a lengthy period of non-use, I booted up my back-up to my back-up computer. Not surprisingly Windows indicated the need to install updates, which it did. However, when the computer booted, I was greeted with screens telling me Windows was diagnosing problems or words to...
  9. What password do I need to enter to perform a reset of my computer or system restore from...

What password do I need to enter to perform a reset of my computer or system restore from...: After a lengthy period of non-use, I booted up my back-up to my back-up computer. Not surprisingly Windows indicated the need to install updates, which it did. However, when the computer booted, I was greeted with screens telling me Windows was diagnosing problems or words to...
  10. What password do I need to enter to perform a reset of my computer or system restore from...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade