Windows 10: System Restore

Discus and support System Restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I started a system restore Dec. 5 at 9:45 p.m. It has been almost 24 hours now and it is still going. I read somewhere that it should only take about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Austin Novinger, Dec 6, 2018.

1. System Restore

I started a system restore Dec. 5 at 9:45 p.m. It has been almost 24 hours now and it is still going. I read somewhere that it should only take about 30 min. I don't think it is froze, it is only trying to restore 2 days of files.

:)

Austin Novinger, Dec 6, 2018

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

System Restore

SYSTEM RESTORE

Hello Angel,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system conflict when it tried to perform a system restore. For us to better assist you on performing a system restore, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message are you getting? If possible can you send us a screenshot using the attach photo feature on your reply.
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.

Meanwhile, for a walkthrough on how to perform a system restore, kindly follow the steps on this

article
    and see the section that says Restore from a system restore point.
    On another note, we also suggest that you check the Windows Defender settings and lower down the security if it is on high security. This can also be another issue why it is preventing an update to be installed.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

System Restore

1. System Restore - Similar Threads - System Restore

2. Windows 10's system restore is *extremely* slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10's system restore is *extremely* slow: I am trying to go back to a previous restore point in Windows 10 Home edition (version 1809). In Windows 7 I could use system restore to do that, and it was fast and easy, like less than five minutes. In Windows 10 it takes several hours (not an exaggeration)! What am I doing...
  3. System restore

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System restore: I have triggered Syst. Res, on my wife's laptop. It has been initiating for over an hour. What do I do now?????????????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore/0dffc5cc-06de-417a-a70c-0424438ad5b2"
  4. Why does System Restore never work for me?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Why does System Restore never work for me?: I have no restore points. I'm just wondering why. Note: There's no panic. System restore has never worked for me since (and during XP). The only times it has ever worked was for minor recovery that I could have done myself manually - in less time. For major recoveries, I use...
  5. Why does System Restore never work for me?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does System Restore never work for me?: I have no restore points. I'm just wondering why. Note: There's no panic. System restore has never worked for me since (and during XP). The only times it has ever worked was for minor recovery that I could have done myself manually - in less time. For major recoveries, I use...
  6. system restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system restore: I have windows 10, when I try to do a restore it tells me I have windows 7.When I try to restore it will not finish. HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore/b7e3be27-3f11-4c39-9536-63405dd1609b
  7. System restore failure windows 10 error 0x80071160

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore failure windows 10 error 0x80071160: I want to restore my system on my computer that is running windows 10, but it comes back saying it failed with the error 0x80071160. I've tried different times to restore the system to, but none work. Does anyone has an idea how to fix this? Pepijn...
  8. Windows system files & settings restoring

Windows system files & settings restoring: I am stuck with this message i.e. please wait while windows files & settings are being restored. System Restore is restoring the registry... Pls help me out....
  9. How Do I Restore System Image "Manually"

How Do I Restore System Image "Manually": I have created a Windows 10 system image onto an external hard drive, and also created the repair disk (DVD). I did this using the Windows Control Panel. In case my system gets corrupted to the point I cannot get to the Windows sign on screen, I want to be able to...
  10. An unspecified error occurred during System Restore (0x800700b7)

in Windows 10 News
    An unspecified error occurred during System Restore (0x800700b7): [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When trying to restore Windows 10 computer, if you receive an error saying An unspecified error occurred during System Restore (0x800700b7), then here is a fix. The error usually happens when the System Restore does not complete successfully and fails with...