Windows 10: System restore

Discus and support System restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I want to enable system restore in windows 10 using a powershell script via Group Policy. I have created a one line script which i know works on a one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Conor1974, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Conor1974 Win User

System restore

I want to enable system restore in windows 10 using a powershell script via Group Policy.

I have created a one line script which i know works on a one off basis. However when I try vis GPO nothing happens.

Can anyone suggest why or maybe advise if a .bat file can be used instead?

:)

Conor1974, Jan 21, 2020

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jan 21, 2020
  4. jellyroll Win User

System restore

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CSystem restore :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CSystem restore :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

System restore

1. System restore - Similar Threads - System restore

2. MY DVD DRIVER WAS DELETED AND I CANNOT FIX IT BY SYSTEM RESTORE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MY DVD DRIVER WAS DELETED AND I CANNOT FIX IT BY SYSTEM RESTORE: My dvd driver was not shown in the devises and drives list so i uninstalled the device but it wasn't restored and its gone does anyone know how to fix it...
  3. System Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore: I'm running Win 64 version 1903. I'm not able to set up a system restore configuration. When I try I get an error message: "There's been an unexpected error in the property page: System Restore encountered an error. Please try to run System Restore again 0x81000203...
  4. When your correct Password will not work for System Restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When your correct Password will not work for System Restore: Many people have said their correct password will not working for system restore. I have found this will work. Start your PC and DO NOT LOGIN with your PIN!!!! only Login with your PASSWORD... Then restart the computer with holding the SHIFT key and it will load into...
  5. Microsoft Office 10: System Error - Restore - Black Screen

Microsoft Office 10: System Error - Restore - Black Screen: Hi there, I know this issue has been quite common and there are a number of Trouble Shooting options available, but none seem to be working for my case. This morning I turned on the work computer at home but it made a large beep and came up with a blue screen and a system...
  6. System Restore on Windows 10

System Restore on Windows 10: I'm trying to set up system restore because it was suggested that I set up system restore to help resolve my problem with file explorer hanging or crashing. Then I read the following info on a locked string but can't asked question of whether or not to do the system restore...
  7. Error - Vol. Shadow copy not working 0x81000202 when trying to use System Restore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error - Vol. Shadow copy not working 0x81000202 when trying to use System Restore: Because this I can't to click search box, my internet and sound are not working and I can't to use System protection to use system restore. In a windows 10 whit a laptop lenovo ideapad.HELP!...
  8. System restore points (all) disappear

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore points (all) disappear: Hi everyone: New laptop. It seems for no reason i can find that all of my system restore point suddenly disappear daily and at no specific time. For no reason. I've even tried to task make automatically make restore points, i've stopped using clean up programs thinking that...
  9. Need help with system restore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with system restore: My laptop was running the fan at maximum speed today and the CPU Usage also 100%. So I tried to do a System restore, but it has been 1.5 hours and it is still running . My laptop has a 1TB HDD. Do I need to wait more or Do I shut it down forcefully. What is the normal time to...
  10. System Restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Restore: When trying to restore, I create a restore point but after the program runs it will only restore to today's date. I have deleted all other restore points but to no avail.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore/02fcf449-c6c2-49f1-9ee4-88aac9a42363