Windows 10: SYSTEM RESTORE

Discus and support SYSTEM RESTORE in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Do you have to do Undo System Restore [did one earlier], or can one pick ANY OTHER RESTORE POINTS visible, that is, jump over Undo?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ALLEN124, Feb 13, 2020 at 4:42 PM.

1. ALLEN124 Win User

SYSTEM RESTORE

Do you have to do Undo System Restore [did one earlier], or can one pick ANY OTHER RESTORE POINTS visible, that is, jump over Undo?

:)

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

3. Mark Ole Win User
    Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

4. jellyroll Win User

SYSTEM RESTORE

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CSYSTEM RESTORE :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CSYSTEM RESTORE :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

Thema:

SYSTEM RESTORE

1. SYSTEM RESTORE - Similar Threads - SYSTEM RESTORE

2. System restore has not worked for over a year

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore has not worked for over a year: My restore points all get deleted automatically and the restore points that are created before the windows updates are corrupted and do not work. [ATTACH] Are their any 3rd party software that has a similar feature to windows system restore?...
  3. System Restore from Restore Point is stuck

System Restore from Restore Point is stuck: Started a system restore from system restore point this morning at 7:30 am. It is now 11:45 am and it is still running. I have done system restore from restore point in the past and it only took 20~30 minutes. What to do now?...
  4. Windows 10 problem with system restore

Windows 10 problem with system restore: I have a HP Notebook with Windows 10 I have tried 4 times to do a System Restore and all of them have failed, because it says that I have an anti virus program running. I disabled all anti virus before doing my System Restore. Can someone help explain how to get pass this...
  5. Cannot open System restore - Unexpected error in the property page

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot open System restore - Unexpected error in the property page: I am not able to open the System Restore page. Screenshot: [img] Prior to this problem, I had some difficulty with AOMEI Backupper. It was not showing my External HDD where I wanted to save the backup. I also noticed that it was functioning erratically. So I uninstalled...
  6. System Restore takes 9GB on Drive C:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Restore takes 9GB on Drive C:: what happen is that my DTS wasn't detecting the driver installed after i updated throughwindows update then i tried system restore now the app is functioning the way it should be but now i lost 9GB of storage in my drive C. this is how much system restore is taking....
  7. Windows 10 amd computer with a mouse lag after a system restore.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 amd computer with a mouse lag after a system restore.: So I was having some network issues after a power outage and after hours of trying to resolve the dns issue, I decided to just reset my PC to a fresh install using the built in restore feature. My specs: amd fx-6300, r9 270, 8gb ram. Now, with the same hardware, I have a...
  8. Windows 10 amd computer with a mouse lag after a system restore.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 amd computer with a mouse lag after a system restore.: So I was having some network issues after a power outage and after hours of trying to resolve the dns issue, I decided to just reset my PC to a fresh install using the built in restore feature. My specs: amd fx-6300, r9 270, 8gb ram. Now, with the same hardware, I have a...
  9. Restore System Image From External Hard Drive

Restore System Image From External Hard Drive: Ok, so here's the situation... I'll start out with the fact that I'm somewhat tech savvy. I'm 36, and have been working on computers since I was 6. I taught myself BASIC at 10. I'm no expert, but I'm not your average user. I normally search for my solutions on the internet,...
  10. restore system image/blue screens have changed

restore system image/blue screens have changed: I have an up to date Windows as of Feb 2020 including 1909 upgrade. I wanted to restore my system from a system image created with the "Windows 7 backup/restore utility". I create such images every 2 months or so, and I thought I would be well protected. So yesterday I...