Windows 10: System Restore

Discus and support System Restore in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My device originally came with Windows 10. It was upgraded to Windows 10 pro. If I do a system reset, which version will it reset it to?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SonyaPurdy, Oct 30, 2020.

1. System Restore

My device originally came with Windows 10. It was upgraded to Windows 10 pro. If I do a system reset, which version will it reset it to?

:)

SonyaPurdy, Oct 30, 2020

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Oct 30, 2020
  4. jellyroll Win User

System Restore

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CSystem Restore :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CSystem Restore :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

System Restore

1. System Restore - Similar Threads - System Restore

2. System Restore

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Restore: I have a question I created a Restore point in a drive that consisted of total files 325 gb. So I want to system Restore now. But I don't understand whether app the files will be deleted. Please help me!...
  3. I can't undo virtual memory option i changed under "manage system restore"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't undo virtual memory option i changed under "manage system restore": The other day I was messing with the virtual memory in storage settings cause it took up 40g and I asked someone who told me I could just lick "no paging file" and click set after that and it'd clear that space but now games wont run and some apps just show a black screen and...
  4. Windows 10 19042.630 How to delete System Restore Points.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 19042.630 How to delete System Restore Points.: I must have about 15 "System Restore Points" created the last couple of days. How do I delete some of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-19042630-how-to-delete-system-restore/d5501423-6c15-4828-b321-599eabf192fc
  5. System restore issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System restore issue: Hello, Yesterday I got a blue screen error ..i don't the error name. Today I performed system restore so that I can get back my system last state. Initially it showed me" please wait while your system files and settings are Being restored....system restore initializing...
  6. Combinte backup and restore system images

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Combinte backup and restore system images: I have been testing different backup programs, and periodically I manually created a system image using backup and restore. However, I did not always use the same external drive for these images. As a result, I have a WindowsImageBackup folder on two different drives. Is...
  7. System image restore?

System image restore?: Hi everyone, I hope you'll be able to help me. I have a win 10 PC and a NAS, and I've made backups of it, both in the "file history backup" and with "advanced backup from win 7". I wasn't quite sure which one was the best, so I just did both. My pc went in for repairs...
  8. System Restore unending

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore unending: I had a crash and all I could do was a System Restore from my Back-up. The restore went through the process of loading files and then went into "Finalizing file restore..." And has been in it for the past 5 hours - looks like a loop to me. Can you tell me whatI should do? It...
  9. Frequent BSOD even after system restore: driver irql not less or equal usbaudio2.sys,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD even after system restore: driver irql not less or equal usbaudio2.sys,...: Here is my system info to start with: Win10 home, version 10.0.18363 CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 16GB ram GPU: GeForce RTX2060 6GB The following link contains my 3 most recent dmp files, my full system info and a dxdiag. 2 of the DMP files are from driver verifier crashes and...
  10. Help! Recover SSD contents after system restore?

Help! Recover SSD contents after system restore?: Hey all! Not sure if this is the best spot on reddit to post this, but I figured it would be worth a shot! I fear I've made a terrible mistake and I'm hoping someone here may be able to help me... After doing a simple restart to install the latest Nvidia drivers, I was met...