Windows 10: System Restore

Discus and support System Restore in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a question I created a Restore point in a drive that consisted of total files 325 gb. So I want to system Restore now. But I don't understand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Peter_Parker242, Nov 28, 2020.

1. System Restore

I have a question

I created a Restore point in a drive that consisted of total files 325 gb. So I want to system Restore now. But I don't understand whether app the files will be deleted.

Please help me!

:)

Peter_Parker242, Nov 28, 2020

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Nov 28, 2020
  4. jellyroll Win User

System Restore

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CSystem Restore :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CSystem Restore :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

System Restore

1. System Restore - Similar Threads - System Restore

2. Why are Automatic System Restore points not being created on my windows 10 pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why are Automatic System Restore points not being created on my windows 10 pc?: Why are Automatic System Restore points not being created on my windows 10 pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-automatic-system-restore-points-not-being/4f784b78-6f74-4d36-9885-de84af0c69b6
  3. Cannot do a system restore. Windows 10. Get error 0xc0000043

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot do a system restore. Windows 10. Get error 0xc0000043: Cannot do a system restore. Windows 10. Get error 0xc0000043 My security package is turned off. Please can any one help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-do-a-system-restore-windows-10-get-error/f2d598f0-ab85-4b34-8a3a-2363c5ffcb3e
  4. Why does System Restore Current Usage grow w/o additional Rest. Points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Why does System Restore Current Usage grow w/o additional Rest. Points: Hi. Just curious. I have an HP Desktop running version 20H2 with a 256GB SSD for system (C:) and a 2TB Hard Drive (D:) for extra storage (which so far I don't use). On System Restore I have the D: drive turned off. and the C: drive turned on. I have the Max Usage for the C:...
  5. Does creating a System Restore Point require a certain amount of Data availability to be set?

Does creating a System Restore Point require a certain amount of Data availability to be set?: I've set a System Restore point a couple of times and it wasn't there when I needed it e.g. in the BIOS; last time I set it I checked and it was available, however it had disappeared after the next Log in. There is a setting for allocating Data in the Create... area; is...
  6. Hi. I'm having trouble restoring my system with a Windows Image Backup

Hi. I'm having trouble restoring my system with a Windows Image Backup: Hi. I'm having trouble restoring my system with a Windows Image Backup. I have the folder WindowsImageBackup but the MediaID.bin file seems to be from the wrong date and I suspect that is the reason the Windows Image Backup restore does not work, it does not find the backup...
  7. Attempted system restore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Attempted system restore: Its telling me it failed because my antivirus software is on? I have a virus I’m trying to get rid of, if I turn off my antivirus wouldn’t that let the malware do what is wants? submitted by /u/Tarzan-of-the-Desert [link] [comments]...
  8. System restore and system image

System restore and system image: So I regularly create backups on my computer using the windows 7 restore tool from the control panel. There comes an option for creating the system image for drive C which is an SSD. I have heard that if the windows goes corrupt or is accidentally reset I can restore the...
  9. Laptop jammed AFTER succesful system restore point

Laptop jammed AFTER succesful system restore point: My laptop was slow and was refusing to access a number of internet sites I use regularly including my banking site! so I performed a system restore point, which I have done before on my old laptop but never the new one I am currently working on the old machine. The screen...
  10. Windows 10 System Restore from Image on Surface Book 2

Windows 10 System Restore from Image on Surface Book 2: I recently had to have service on my Surface book 2 laptop. As instructed I backed up my computer and created a system image on an external hard drive, and wiped the surface hard drive prior to turning it into Microsoft. I just received it back and it appears to be working...