Windows 10: System Restore

Discus and support System Restore in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why cannot I enable "configure" in System restore? How do I resolve this problem? Thank you![ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IBTM, Mar 5, 2021.

1. IBTM Win User

System Restore

Why cannot I enable "configure" in System restore?

How do I resolve this problem?

Thank you! System Restore 1efc46a0-cdd9-480f-8afa-dd2097a475cc?upload=true.png

:)

IBTM, Mar 5, 2021

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Mar 5, 2021
  4. jellyroll Win User

System Restore

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CSystem Restore :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CSystem Restore :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

System Restore

1. System Restore - Similar Threads - System Restore

2. Automatic Repair Loop after System Restore attempt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair Loop after System Restore attempt: My laptop is a Lenovo 20NF0012US ThinkPad E595 AMD Ryzen 5 3500U w/ Radeon Nega Mobile GfxProcessor Bios Lenovo R11et40W 1.20 Windows 20H2 with all updates installed through April 8. After running updates last week my Logitech headset microphone stopped working. I use...
  3. My Phone App won't connect after System Restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Phone App won't connect after System Restore: "We can't connect to your phone" is the error I'm getting now, since I did a system image restore back to Oct 2019's full image backup. My Galaxy Note 10+ is connected to the same MS account as my PC. My phone is connected to the same LAN wi-fi domain as my PC. I've gone...
  4. Help with resetting/restoring a system folder that i shouldnt have deleted.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with resetting/restoring a system folder that i shouldnt have deleted.: For some reason i thought it was a good idea to delete the "C:/Users/Administrator/OneDrive" folder using "rm -r -fo" in PowerShell. Now i cant access the Documents, Pictures and Desktop folder anymore as i keep getting an error obviously saying the folder can't be located....
  5. Large disk space usage after system restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Large disk space usage after system restore: So I've recently Done a system restore on my MSI laptop and opted not to keep any previous files. After the restore was done however I noticed that there was significantly less disk space than there was when I had just bought it Missing about 100 gigs. Now I've made sure that...
  6. Fix System Restore error 0x8007045b on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix System Restore error 0x8007045b on Windows 10: Some PC users when they try to perform System Restore on their Windows 10 device might encounter the error code 0x8007045b. This post offers the most suitable solution/workaround you can try to effectively resolve the issue. When you encounter this issue, you’ll receive the...
  7. Fix System Restore error 0x8007007e on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix System Restore error 0x8007007e on Windows 10: If when you attempt to perform System Restore on your Windows 10 device, but you encounter the error code 0x8007007e, then this post is intended to help you. In this post, we will provide the most suitable solutions you can try to effectively resolve the issue. When you...
  8. Cant Use System Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant Use System Restore: i tried to create a restore point in System Restore. i had previously created a restore point before but it wasnt showing it there. i tried creating restore point again but it gave me this error: [ATTACH]...
  9. Restoring from System Image Backup Over Network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring from System Image Backup Over Network: I recently wiped my drives because of a BSOD, but I have a system image over my network that i have on my home server. I was wondering if it is possible to restore that system image from over the network after reinstalling windows 10? Also is it possible to reuse the windows...
  10. PLEASE HELP. System Restore not working Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PLEASE HELP. System Restore not working Windows 10: Hello, My Rocket League save file was corrupted I pulled the plug duringshutdown while RL was running because I was angry :P and now my playtime isgone. Just my items and level were still there as those are stored on the gamesserver. I realised that I had luckily created a...