Windows 10: System returning from sleep three seconds after entering - why?

Discus and support System returning from sleep three seconds after entering - why? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In the past month month, my computer, running 2004, has stopped its normal overnight behavior of entering sleep three hours after I restart it, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by asus2016, Oct 12, 2020.

1. asus2016 Win User

System returning from sleep three seconds after entering - why?

In the past month month, my computer, running 2004, has stopped its normal overnight behavior of entering sleep three hours after I restart it, then staying asleep until I wake in the morning, with waking from sleep on its own three seconds after entering sleep.

You can see this below from the event viewer:

System returning from sleep three seconds after entering - why? [​IMG]

The event above it, 107 (102), has the system resuming from sleep three seconds later.

Actually, before the event shown from 10/9, it hadn't entered sleep since 10/6, when it remained in sleep for three seconds.

And a look at the event log - which I swear used to go back more than a year but now only goes back three weeks - shows that if the system ever entered sleep during that time - most days it did - it would wake in three seconds, and then when I touched the computer (clicked or jiggled the mouse) hours later, Event ID 1, power troubleshooter, would say the computer has returned from a low power state.

Is this normal? I am 100% sure the computer would sleep - not sleep and wake, then return from a low-power state - at one time. How do I get the computer to actually sleep again, until I wake it hours later?

:)

asus2016, Oct 12, 2020
  2. KJcam Win User

Computer wakes up seconds after it enters sleep mode.

just got home. Put my computer to sleep and it woke up in about 30 seconds. running the lastwake command still shows the unknown culprit. However, a whole list has appeared in event finder, what do you make of this? Seems to be something with the power supply if i had to take a guess
    System returning from sleep three seconds after entering - why? [​IMG]

KJcam, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Oct 12, 2020
  4. System returning from sleep three seconds after entering - why?

Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

System returning from sleep three seconds after entering - why?

1. System returning from sleep three seconds after entering - why? - Similar Threads - System returning sleep

2. No sound after returning from Sleep Mode Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound after returning from Sleep Mode Windows 11: I have a Dell Latitude with Windows 11. When my PC returns from sleep mode the sound stops working. When I check Sound Settings the laptop's integrated speakers Intel Smart Sound Technology are still selected. I'm usually quite good at troubleshooting PC issues. I've followed...
  3. Asus UX430UAR not returning from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus UX430UAR not returning from sleep: I’ve been having problems with my laptop since installing a Windows 10 feature pack last September. It works find during the day and I can switch it on or off using the power button or the lid. However, some mornings the laptop is warm to touch and will not wakeup. There is...
  4. Errors preventing system from entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Errors preventing system from entering sleep mode: Errors Power Policy:802.11 Radio Power Policy is Maximum Performance On Battery The current power policy for 802.11-compatible wireless network adapters is not configured to use low-power modes. System Availability Requests:Execution Required Request The program has made a...
  5. Monitor appears pixelated after returning from sleep

Monitor appears pixelated after returning from sleep: [IMG] Whenever my computer returns from sleep, the screen looks like this on the current software I have open. I noticed that by restarting the program I'm using or reloading the page I am works to bring it back to normal, but it's become disruptive. I am using an OMEN 15...
  6. Critical process died after returning from sleep

Critical process died after returning from sleep: I received a new Acer laptop last week. I decided to install a fresh version of Windows 10 using the medica creation tool and a USB. After successfully doing this and installing available updates I found the laptop started to crash with a BSoD and either the...
  7. Wireless and bluetooth adapters disabled after return from sleep mode, return after reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless and bluetooth adapters disabled after return from sleep mode, return after reboot: That's what happens to me sometimes (like once in a week or two) in my machine (Lenovo Yoga 510 notebook with Windows 10). I close the lid, and when I reopen it, no wireless networks are available, despite several networks being in range (my phone stays connected the whole...
  8. Return From Sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Return From Sleep: My pc goes into sleep mode after 15 minutes, when I then press the spacebar to return to normal operation I get a random picture on screen, plus so odd overlayed messages. Then press enter and it asks for a password, press enter again and it logs in and goes back to normal -...
  9. Computer wakes up seconds after it enters sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wakes up seconds after it enters sleep mode.: Recently, whenever I put my computer into sleep mode it will turn on shortly after. Most times, I can hear my computer turn on as I am walking away. I know there may be similar posts, but none of them have solved my specific problem. I have already disabled the LAN setting...
  10. Returning from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Returning from sleep: I have rather a strange problem. On returning from sleep mode when I open a program (any program) the PC will open multi copies of the program that I've clicked on. Taskbar won't open. Windows is up to date and my bios has been patched. Tried uninstalling KB4056892 - no...