Windows 10: System running unlicensed Windows 10 S but has valid Windows 10 Home digital licence.

Discus and support System running unlicensed Windows 10 S but has valid Windows 10 Home digital licence. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a neighbour's laptop. The Windows Activation Troubleshooter tells me it has a digital licence for Windows 10 Home but is running an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Tom5550, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Tom5550 Win User

System running unlicensed Windows 10 S but has valid Windows 10 Home digital licence.

I bought a neighbour's laptop. The Windows Activation Troubleshooter tells me it has a digital licence for Windows 10 Home but is running an unlicensed copy of Windows 10 S. It also tells me that I have to download a copy of Windows 10 Home but doesn't say how.

How do I download Windows 10 Home without first buying a new licence?

:)

Tom5550, Jun 20, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 20, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 20, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

System running unlicensed Windows 10 S but has valid Windows 10 Home digital licence.

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

1. System running unlicensed Windows 10 S but has valid Windows 10 Home digital licence. - Similar Threads - System running unlicensed

2. Windows 10 Digital Licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Digital Licence: Hiiii, I have one question for you. I have a computer with a digital license that comes with the computer and my question is how can I delete that license and activate another one that the company ordered....
  3. Windows 10 Digital Licence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Digital Licence: Hiiii, I have one question for you. I have a computer with a digital license that comes with the computer and my question is how can I delete that license and activate another one that the company ordered....
  4. Windows 10 Digital Licence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Activation of DSP licence on PC that already has Windows 10 Home digital licence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation of DSP licence on PC that already has Windows 10 Home digital licence: Hello,I need help to remove Windows 10 Home digital licence from my laptop to install Windows 11 Pro DSP licence that we bought for this machine. I've tryed to remove licence with "slmgr.vbs /upk" but I get error 0xC004F069 on a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core...
  6. Activation of DSP licence on PC that already has Windows 10 Home digital licence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation of DSP licence on PC that already has Windows 10 Home digital licence: Hello,I need help to remove Windows 10 Home digital licence from my laptop to install Windows 11 Pro DSP licence that we bought for this machine. I've tryed to remove licence with "slmgr.vbs /upk" but I get error 0xC004F069 on a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core...
  7. WIndows 10 Digital Licence

WIndows 10 Digital Licence: Good day, bought my laptop which had a pre-installed Microsoft Home. I changed the OS to Microsoft Pro by buying a license online. Today this license was accidentally removed using cmd. Please how do i get the license back since my PC is currently inactivated. Prompt...
  8. windows 10 digital licence has no password

windows 10 digital licence has no password: when trying to add Microsoft account to Windows 10 logon, I am asked for windows password. My Windows 10 is activated with a digital license and has no password. how do I get a windows password?...
  9. Digital licence Windows 10

Digital licence Windows 10: Do digital licences expire https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-licence-windows-10/59dc3bcc-abf2-42d2-a4f4-526bb91d4083"
  10. upgrading to windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with digital licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading to windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with digital licence: hey hi, i have purchased a acer nitro 5 laptop from us which has a pre installed windows 10 home operating system i have done a fresh clean install of windows again ,and got back my licence from digital license and my question is can i upgrade to windows 10 pro with...