Windows 10: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException 0x80004005: Unable to create specified ActiveX...

Discus and support System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException 0x80004005: Unable to create specified ActiveX... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We had come across with the very strange issue with one of our customer. Where our Office Add-In loads and shows in ribbon but only the creation of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tulasiram Rajanna, Oct 20, 2020.

1. System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException 0x80004005: Unable to create specified ActiveX...

We had come across with the very strange issue with one of our customer.

Where our Office Add-In loads and shows in ribbon but only the creation of Taskane with ActiveX control is not working with exceptionUnable to create specified ActiveX control when the UAC is disabled.

Taskpane with ActiveX control seems to be loading only when UAC settings changed to any level and without clicking OKI mean without applying the UAC settings.

Creation of Taskpane with ActiveX control fails when UAC settings changed and clicked OKI mean UAC settings are applied and the same behavior observed post restarting the machine again.

The error we see on the logs is "System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException 0x80004005: Unable to create specified ActiveX control".

We couldn't able to replicate this issue from our side.

Customer trying our Add-In with newly imaged virtual machines and their OS is Windows 10Version 1803OS Build 17134 1667,MS Office 2016 and .Net framework version : 4.8.03761

Is it related to any Microsoft patches for Office 2016 OR .NET Framework 4.8?

Customer wants to know on the particular update causing this issue.

We used to change UAC settings to top 3 levels as a workaround and that resolved similar issues for different customers but that is not helping this customer now.

Please help here on this issue

Thanks in advance.

:)

Tulasiram Rajanna, Oct 20, 2020
  2. WEILI_82 Win User

System. Runtime. InteropServices. COMException (0x80004005): Calls to COM components return an error HRESULT E_FAIL.

Hello:

I have some problem in Windows 7 x32 and x64 OS, When I use the same code in windows 10 OS, Its works fine without this exception.

I copy UIAtutomationCore.dll file from windows 7 OS to windows 10 OS. The UIAutomationCore.dll file is converted in windows 10 OS. (C:\UIA>TlbImp.exe UIAutomationCore.dll /out:Interop.UIAutomationCore.dll) . Mistakes do not happen every single time,
    but occasionally.

using System;

using System.Collections.Generic;

using System.Linq;

using System.Runtime.InteropServices;

using System.Text;

using System.Threading;

using Interop.UIAutomationCore;

namespace ConsoleTest

{

class Program

{

static IUIAutomationCondition propertyCondition;

static CUIAutomation _automation = new CUIAutomation();

static void Main(string[] args)

{

IUIAutomationCondition controlTypecondition = _automation.CreatePropertyCondition(UIA_PropertyIds.UIA_ControlTypePropertyId, UIA_ControlTypeIds.UIA_ButtonControlTypeId);

IUIAutomationCondition nameCondition = _automation.CreatePropertyCondition(UIA_PropertyIds.UIA_NamePropertyId, "ButtonName");

IUIAutomationCondition condition = _automation.CreateAndCondition(controlTypecondition, nameCondition);

try

{

IUIAutomationElement targetElement = _automation.GetRootElement().FindFirst(TreeScope.TreeScope_Subtree, nameCondition);

}

catch(COMException ex)

{

Console.WriteLine(ex.ToString());

}

Console.ReadKey();

}

}

}

The error message is as follows:

System. Runtime. InteropServices. COMException (0x80004005): Calls to COM components return an error HRESULT E_FAIL.

In Interop. UI Automation Core. IUI Automation Element. FindFirst (TreeScope scope, IUI Automation Condition)

Looking forward to your reply, thank you.

WEILI_82, Oct 20, 2020
  3. L-T-CL Win User
    How to fix "Runtime Error '429': Activex Component Can't Create Object Microsoft Retail Management System using Windows 10 Pro 64bit"

How to fix "Runtime Error '429': Activex Component Can't Create Object Microsoft Retail Management System using Windows 10 Pro 64bit" I have upgraded my PC from windows xp 64bit to windows 10 and when I try to install the Microsoft Retail management System,
    I get the error message "sqldmo.dll failed to register. Retry Abort or Ignore" I tried all 3 and when I try to start the program I get a message saying that "Runtime Error '429': Activex Component Can't Create Object. Can anyone help me please withthis problem?

L-T-CL, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException 0x80004005: Unable to create specified ActiveX...

1. System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException 0x80004005: Unable to create specified ActiveX... - Similar Threads - System Runtime InteropServices

2. .Net framework Cannot create ActiveX component.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .Net framework Cannot create ActiveX component.: trying to run new program and getting error, I have tried in admin mode. still fails. AMD Rysen 9 64 M WIndows 11 Pro 21H2System.Exception: Cannot create ActiveX component. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction.CreateObjectString ProgId, String ServerName at...
  3. .Net framework Cannot create ActiveX component.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .Net framework Cannot create ActiveX component.: trying to run new program and getting error, I have tried in admin mode. still fails. AMD Rysen 9 64 M WIndows 11 Pro 21H2System.Exception: Cannot create ActiveX component. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction.CreateObjectString ProgId, String ServerName at...
  4. Runtime error 429, ActiveX component can’t create object

in Windows 10 News
    Runtime error 429, ActiveX component can’t create object: [ATTACH]If you’re encountering Runtime error 429, ActiveX component can’t create object on your Windows 10 computer when you attempt to create instances in programs which […] This article Runtime error 429, ActiveX component can’t create object first appeared on...
  5. Unable to create System Image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to create System Image: Hello, I've bought a new SSD for my laptop. I have cloned the OS from HDD to the new SSD and it's working fine; But, recently, I have a problem after this action. I can't create a System Image by using Backup and Restore due to this error: "The backup failed. A Volume...
  6. activex

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    activex: I downloaded call of duty modern warfare but cannot play it because i get a message "activeX has encountered an unrecoverable error, see the readme for possible solutions" there is no readme. Microsoft advisors told me to download new activeX drivers but i dont know how to do...
  7. Unable to create system image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to create system image: Hi, I would like to make a system image to backup by PC. However, when I am trying to create the image on my hard drive. The drop down menu only shows <refresh> but nothing else. [ATTACH] Upon selecting <refresh>. The system redirects me to "On a network location"...
  8. Windows 10, system repair disc could not be created unspecified error (0x80004005)

Windows 10, system repair disc could not be created unspecified error (0x80004005): Trying to create a system repair disk, but the process FAILS. The error message is: "system repair disc could not be created unspecified error (0x80004005)" Any ideas?...
  9. setup was unable to create the directory error 2 the system cannot find the file specified

setup was unable to create the directory error 2 the system cannot find the file specified: I am trying to install a program I get a error message, "setup was unable to create the directory "C:\users\Noor Hasan\Document\Wondershere Filmora" Error 2: the system cannot find the file specified" I realized today I believe I have gotten this error on several things I...
  10. DISM COMException Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM COMException Error: I've discovered a weird issue on Windows 10x64 10525 PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.10525.0 Image Version: 10.0.10525.0...
Tags: