Windows 10: SYSTEM SCAN AT RAISED IRQL CAUGHT IMPROPER DRIVER UNLOAD error in Windows 10

Discus and support SYSTEM SCAN AT RAISED IRQL CAUGHT IMPROPER DRIVER UNLOAD error in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If after you perform a Windows 10 update or during an upgrade process and you encounter the SYSTEM SCAN AT RAISED IRQL CAUGHT IMPROPER DRIVER... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 26, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

SYSTEM SCAN AT RAISED IRQL CAUGHT IMPROPER DRIVER UNLOAD error in Windows 10

WinClub, Mar 26, 2020

2. IRQL caught improper driver

Having a problem logging in. Keep getting this error message. System scan at raised IRQL caught improper driver. The driver is mrxsmb.sym . I have rebooted PC, Tried a reset, Tried a start up repair & Start up settings all to no avail. The PC does not have
    a previous restore point. Only thing left on advance options is Command Prompt but this is where I am lost. Prompt is X:\windows\system32>

Any help would be appreciated. Do have laptop so can down a tool to a sub. Thanks Bill

BillWillSQ, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Gino Des Win User
    IRQL caught improper driver

Hi Bill,

This error indicates that a driver did not cancel pending operations before unloading.
    Mrxsmb.sys is a Windows system file that is commonly used to store device drivers and other core system functions for Windows. To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this link:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors.

If the issue persists, then we suggest that you use an installation media to repair or reset your Windows installation. Here's how:

• On a working PC, go to the
      Microsoft software download website
    • Download the media creation tool and then run it.
    • Select Create installation media for another PC.
    • Choose a language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit).
    • Follow the steps to create installation media, and then select Finish.
    • Connect the installation media you created to your nonfunctional PC, and then turn it on.
    • On the initial setup screen, enter your language and other preferences, and then select
      Next. If you're not seeing the setup screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer's website for info on how to change your PC's boot order, and then try again.
    • Select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. From there, you can:
      • Restore from a system restore point by selecting Advanced options >
        System Restore. This will remove recently installed apps, drivers, and updates that might be causing your PC problems. Restoring from a restore point won’t affect your personal files.
      • Select Reset this PC to reinstall Windows 10. This will remove apps and drivers you installed and changes you made to settings, but lets you choose to keep or remove your personal files.

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Gino Des, Mar 26, 2020
  4. SYSTEM SCAN AT RAISED IRQL CAUGHT IMPROPER DRIVER UNLOAD error in Windows 10

windows fails to update

I did that and I got blue screen

it gave this error (system scan at raised irql caught improper …. etc)

what failed : nnsnahsl.sys

I removed it from drivers files and I will try again

shadowmaker, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

SYSTEM SCAN AT RAISED IRQL CAUGHT IMPROPER DRIVER UNLOAD error in Windows 10

1. SYSTEM SCAN AT RAISED IRQL CAUGHT IMPROPER DRIVER UNLOAD error in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - SYSTEM SCAN RAISED

2. Error Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal: What driver is having issues? I don't know if there are any updates made, can you please help find the culprit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-driver-irql-not-less-or-equal/0563b141-ffe1-46b8-bb12-7985c7438d4a
  3. Error Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal: What driver is having issues? I don't know if there are any updates made, can you please help find the culprit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-driver-irql-not-less-or-equal/989d8992-de9e-44e2-930e-15e7fddf4577
  4. Driver irql less or not equal error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver irql less or not equal error: Hi Everyone, My PC has been crashing a lot lately, and I am on my wits end in figuring out what's wrong here. I am able to WinDbg the dump file, but I am not too sure what I am looking at here. It would be great if I can have advice on what needs to be fixed. ---...
  5. Windows BSOD Error Driver IRQL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BSOD Error Driver IRQL: Hey, I've been recently getting many BSOD errors on my desktop. It's not a prebuilt one, it was one that I built a gaming desktop. I've crashed so many times to the point where I reinstalled a fresh version of windows. I wiped both of my drives and now have a new version of...
  6. USB driver error- previous drive not unloading

USB driver error- previous drive not unloading: Having a problem with the USB ports on my laptop. When switching from flash to flash, or flash to external HDD, I get a the following: DEVICE STATUS "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in...
  7. Driver errors BSOD, irql, and system service exception errors

Driver errors BSOD, irql, and system service exception errors: So, my computer has been crashing from these BSODS ever since I built it. I built it myself and I'm an experienced system builder. I've ran driver verifier and memory tests multiple times and they are having no issues. I'm currently not overclocked and everything is being run...
  8. Windows unloading Bluetooth Driver on Startup

Windows unloading Bluetooth Driver on Startup: Bluetooth was working fine until today, now it will not turn on. Attempted fixes: Bluetooth and other device settings: No toggle to turn Bluetooth on/off Device Manager: No driver found under Network Adapters Reinstall driver from ASUS website: Driver installs,...
  9. IRQL or driver IRQL

IRQL or driver IRQL: Hello everyone. I have a problem with my pc. After a hardware upgrade (which I will say that I didn't format my drive) I started having some BSOD. The change happened at the start of August, so I have been running most of the month without a problem. Now I know that a...
  10. Outdated drivers not caught by Update.

Outdated drivers not caught by Update.: I was poking around in Device Manager when I started finding drivers for critical stuff that would update if you did it manually. The problem is that Windows Update didn't do it automatically. I found 5 of them! So if you have issues with some hardware I suggest you do a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system scan at raised irql caught i

2. windows 1909 fail stop code: system scan raised irql improper diver unload what failed: invprotectdvr64.sys

3. system scan at raised irql caught improper driver unload

4. improper driver unload bsod