Windows 10: System sending data to unknown IP.

Discus and support System sending data to unknown IP. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, recently I had problem that I still did not fix, my system has got weird lag spikes, that happen in random intervals (whenever I ping google.pl,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kerok10, Nov 12, 2018.

1. kerok10 Win User

System sending data to unknown IP.

Hey, recently I had problem that I still did not fix, my system has got weird lag spikes, that happen in random intervals (whenever I ping google.pl, latency is ~20ms, but sometimes it's 400ms). I installed wireshark to check if there is something being sent in background. I've googled all IPs and they do belong to Microsoft besides two - "88.221.10.61" and "2.18.12.106. What are those addresses? All that I've found on google is that they belong to Akamai, but are they safe? Is my PC not compromised?

:)

kerok10, Nov 12, 2018

2. System sending data to unknown IP.

Hi kerok10,

I don't think your PC is compromised, but I think your PC exchange data with the net, maybe to get update and send them back. I suggest to:

1. Open "Settings"

2. Go to "Update and Security"

3. Click on "Advanced Settings" under "Windows Update"

4. Click on "Delivery optimization"

5. Deactivate (if active) "Allow download from other PCs"

Akamai net session is used usually from game to connect to the servers. Do you have some game installed?

StefanoTamiotti, Nov 27, 2018
  3. kerok10 Win User

Hey, recently I had problem that I still did not fix, my system has got weird lag spikes, that happen in random intervals (whenever I ping google.pl, latency is ~20ms, but sometimes it's 400ms). I installed wireshark to check if there is something being
    sent in background. I've googled all IPs and they do belong to Microsoft besides two - "88.221.10.61" and "2.18.12.106. What are those addresses? All that I've found on google is that they belong to Akamai, but are they safe? Is my PC not compromised?

kerok10, Nov 27, 2018
  4. System sending data to unknown IP.

Unknown data usage

The Nokia Lumia Windows Phone has a very good considerable battery life. I wouldn't worry with having the Battery Saver featured enabled much because honestly you won't need it unless in case of emergencies. The data usage is very much so defined by your
    wireless carrier more than Windows Phone. You may need to contact them directly to ask why your data usage is increasing if you are not changing from your regular routines and the usage was not the same in usage.

This can also be defined by observing the things you do with Windows Phone. Your service area also defines when and where your data is used by the phone automatically because in a sense it tells the phone the only way it can function at certain times is
    via the data connection (hence increasing the data usage on your wireless plan). You can always disable the data features on Windows Phone. This is mainly what I suggest you do until you contact the carrier directly and alert them of what is going on. You
    should also consider using an unlimited data plan, or a data plan that only allows for WiFi usage. The very last step is how to completely disable the data features, but you can also try these steps as well to improve your data usage overall, follow
    these steps and then call your carrier to inquire about the data options you have:

If you don't have an unlimited data plan, you may be looking for ways to shave a little bit off of your data usage. This topic provides a few ways to turn down or turn off some of the features that require a data connection on your phone.
    Turn on Battery Saver
    Battery Saver turns off some, but not all, of the features that require a data connection. You can turn it on whenever you want, or set it to turn on automatically when your battery is low. To learn more, see Battery:
    making it last

• On Start, flick left to the App list, and then tap Settings
      System sending data to unknown IP. start-icon-settings.png
      > Battery
      saver.

• Do one or both of the following:
      • If you want Battery Saver to turn on whenever the battery gets to 20%, select Always turn on Battery Saver when battery is low.
      • If you want to turn on Battery Saver now and leave it on until the next time you plug in your phone, select Turn on Battery Saver now until next charge.

Change email sync settings
    You can choose how often your phone automatically syncs email, or you can sync it manually, just when you want to.

• On Start, flick left to the App list, and then tap the email account whose settings you want to change.

• Tap More
      System sending data to unknown IP. basic-icon-ellipses.png
      > Settings, and then tap Sync
      settings.

• Tap the Download new content list, then tap a time. If you don't want your phone to ever sync email from this account automatically, tap Manually.

Turn on airplane mode
    If you're looking to turn off your cellular connection just for a while, an easy way is to turn on airplane mode.

> Airplane
      mode.

• Turn Status to On.

Stop sending usage feedback with a data connection
    Your phone can send feedback to help improve Windows Phones, but you can choose not to send this feedback using a cellular data connection.

> Feedback.

• Clear the Use my cellular data connection to send feedback check box.

Turn off your cellular data connection
    The most thorough way to make sure you're not using data is to turn off your data connection altogether.

> Cellular.

• Turn Data connection to Off.

Jody.Brown, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

1. System sending data to unknown IP. - Similar Threads - System sending data

2. Disk full with unknown data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk full with unknown data: I have a Windows 10 laptop with a 237GB disk. FileExplorer says that 21.GB are free.In WinDirStat, I see that 101,8GB are reserved by <Unknown>.1. What and where is this <Unknown>?2. Is it possible to free the space in <Unknown>?It is frustrating to try constantly to clean up...
  3. Disk full with unknown data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk full with unknown data: I have a Windows 10 laptop with a 237GB disk. FileExplorer says that 21.GB are free.In WinDirStat, I see that 101,8GB are reserved by <Unknown>.1. What and where is this <Unknown>?2. Is it possible to free the space in <Unknown>?It is frustrating to try constantly to clean up...
  4. Disk full with unknown data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. conhost.exe connecting to unknown IPs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    conhost.exe connecting to unknown IPs: HelloNot sure this is a malware or expected behaviour, so I ask your help.My firewall Comodo alerts the conhost,.exe process is trying to connect to apparently random IPs today it was 192.229.221.95.I ran a malware + AV scan but no results.Would anybody be able to confirm it...
  6. conhost.exe connecting to unknown IPs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    conhost.exe connecting to unknown IPs: HelloNot sure this is a malware or expected behaviour, so I ask your help.My firewall Comodo alerts the conhost,.exe process is trying to connect to apparently random IPs today it was 192.229.221.95.I ran a malware + AV scan but no results.Would anybody be able to confirm it...
  7. [System Process] sending data - Why?

in Windows 10 Support
    [System Process] sending data - Why?: Hi All I have a Toshiba satellite with 1909 18363.657 which has been grinding along with no apparent reason. Convinced it doing something behind the scenes I downloaded TCPView. That was an eye opener. This morning I had 36 [System Process] running connected to the world...
  8. Unknown ip in log

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown ip in log: Ok so I’ve jus configured my tp-link router and looking at system log I noticed an up address I’m unfamiliar with also I believe I have the MAC address for the unfamiliar ip. How can I trace these addresses? I cannot find any info on theses addresses with my lack of ability....
  9. process called system send data to ip pptp server

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    process called system send data to ip pptp server: Sorry for my bad English I connected to VPN a few days ago PPTP connection in Windows 7 Then I realized when my system connected to vpn pptp , A process called "system" send data to server PPTP Without my permission And without i running a software ! just i connect pptp...
  10. External data driven showing system reserved, unknown, not initialised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External data driven showing system reserved, unknown, not initialised: Hi I am using the seagate 2tb drive to transfer data to a backup using syncToy. The drive has been working normally but this time it took a long time to read ( slow moving green bar in address) It finally became unread by the pc so I attempted to rectify this by using...