Windows 10: System Service Exception - Appears to be caused by Outlook?

Discus and support System Service Exception - Appears to be caused by Outlook? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a user getting a SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION error occasionally when they go to attach a file to an e-mail in Outlook. I have done a full reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kvm1989, Oct 24, 2018.

1. kvm1989 Win User

System Service Exception - Appears to be caused by Outlook?

I have a user getting a SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION error occasionally when they go to attach a file to an e-mail in Outlook. I have done a full reinstall of Office 2013 and ran update checks to see that it is up to date, ran the Lenovo Vantage update tool (this is a T470 laptop) and installed all available updates, and updated the driver for the USB to VGA video card that this user has using Device Manager, and we're still having the same crash. OSR Online indicates that Outlook is causing the crash as well...

Any insight on this would be excellent.

Link to the minidump here: Minidump

:)

kvm1989, Oct 24, 2018
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Dell Laptop, BSOD System Service Exception

Hi,

Outdated drivers is one of the common reasons why SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION and
    Wdf01000.sys error appears.

Considering that the driver verifier detected a violation, it is best to first check for available updates for your drivers. We suggest following the steps on this
    article to update it.

Don't hesitate to update us with the result.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    stopcode-system service exception

Hi,

Conflicts with the hardware driver is one of hte possible reasons why you are having a blue screen error with stop code, system service exception. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which Version and OS Build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Meanwhile, you can try the troubleshooting steps on this
    link
    to resolve blue screen issues.

We are looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Oct 24, 2018
  4. axe0 Win User

System service exception

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

System Service Exception - Appears to be caused by Outlook? [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

I would suggest to not use the USB network adapter, I am pretty sure the drivers won't work properly with the TP version.
    NOTE: the USB network adapter is NOT the cause but something I want to mention.
    Code:
    Code:
    2: kd> lmvm rtwlanu start             end                 module name fffff800`6d270000 fffff800`6d717000   rtwlanu    (deferred)                  Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rtwlanu.sys     Image name: rtwlanu.sys     Timestamp:        Thu Sep 17 13:26:15 2015 (55FAA357)     CheckSum:         00490FB4     ImageSize:        004A7000     Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    As usual the graphics drivers have caused the crash.
    I am however not sure if there is a solution currently or do you only want to know what caused the crash?
    Code:
    Code:
    ffffd000`23cd74b8  fffff800`6e312a56Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys  atikmdag+0x12a56   2: kd> lmvm atikmdag start             end                 module name fffff800`6e300000 fffff800`6fa5b000   atikmdag T (no symbols)                Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys     Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys     Image name: atikmdag.sys     Timestamp:        Wed Dec 23 16:58:26 2015 (567AC4A2)     CheckSum:         016DE42D     ImageSize:        0175B000     Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
    Please check in Google Chrome if hardware acceleration is enabled:
    • In the right upper corner, click on Attachment 56422 and choose settings.
    • Scroll below and click on 'advanced settings', scroll all the way to the end of the settings.
    • In the part 'system' is the option to enable/disable hardware acceleration.
    • If this option is enabled, disable it and let me know how it goes.
    Hardware acceleration makes Google Chrome using hardware to execute some functionality faster then possible with software, this however could sometimes cause problems.

Thema:

1. System Service Exception - Appears to be caused by Outlook? - Similar Threads - System Service Exception

2. system service exception

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system service exception: hi i have tried to fallow the steps to navigate toHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\HypervisorEnforcedCodeIntegrityhowever i can only get toHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuardthere is nothing beyond that...
  3. system service exception

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system service exception: hi i have tried to fallow the steps to navigate toHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\HypervisorEnforcedCodeIntegrityhowever i can only get toHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuardthere is nothing beyond that...
  4. System Service Exception

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Service Exception: Hi,Can I please ask for assistance to analyze a minidump file to determine what caused the problem.Here's a link to the .dmp https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wx2IQ8hh0n1kI6FAmFOpBhDe8fUbqD9Z/view?usp=sharingThank you!...
  5. System Service Exception

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Service Exception: Hi,Can I please ask for assistance to analyze a minidump file to determine what caused the problem.Here's a link to the .dmp https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wx2IQ8hh0n1kI6FAmFOpBhDe8fUbqD9Z/view?usp=sharingThank you!...
  6. system service exception

system service exception: from few days my pc showing BSOD system service exception https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-service-exception/9b877ec4-33e0-4dd3-8e00-4dc92e6ca9c0
  7. System Service exceptions with ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe as probable causes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System Service exceptions with ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe as probable causes: Subject says it all and I'm really pulling my hair out trying to figure out what's causing it. sfc/scannow shows no errors, memory verifier shows no issues with extended scan, and all drivers are up to date....
  8. System Service Exception

System Service Exception: Hi, I have been getting lots of BSOD recently and I think its due to the HID-Complaint headset driver but I can't seem to find the exact problem. I have uploaded the log file from the V2 Log checker listed in the stickied thread. [img] Thanks for your time. - - -...
  9. System Service Exception Caused by wdfilter.sys

System Service Exception Caused by wdfilter.sys: OK, if it will be any use here is the thread which refers to a similar problem for an insider build. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (Wdfilter.sys) Perfect, I've bookmarked that thread. Thanks for the help! I'll post results here tonight either way. Hopefully Linux boots and I...
  10. System Service Exception caused by NETIO.sys

System Service Exception caused by NETIO.sys: My PC crash since 3-4 days and it's always the same error related to NETIO.sys. I'm new to BSOD, that's why I came to this forum. All my drivers seems to be up to date. I've tried to run Disk Check and System File Checker. I've installed and ran CCleaner. At one point...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION caused by outlook