Windows 10: SYSTEM service is consuming much data. How do I stop this?

Discus and support SYSTEM service is consuming much data. How do I stop this? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I browse with my laptop, SYSTEM service consume much data which I find difficult to discover its cause of consumption. Please I need help as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TeamScorpion, Jul 8, 2018.

1. SYSTEM service is consuming much data. How do I stop this?

Whenever I browse with my laptop, SYSTEM service consume much data which I find difficult to discover its cause of consumption. Please I need help as to what to do to stop this. I have tried everything possible (Metered Connection, Background Apps etc) But yet it won't stop. I will appreciate if there is anyone who can help.

Thanks.

:)

TeamScorpion, Jul 8, 2018

2. Metred connection, still consuming a lot of data

Hi All,

My laptop is a new DELL laptop, preinstalled with Windows10. Every time I connect my laptop to my mobile internet connection through the mobile hotspot, the laptop is consuming a lot of internet data. I set the connection as metered, still it is consuming
    a lot of data. This needs to be stopped at the earliest.

Below are the actions taken so far as per my own understanding:

• Connection is already set as metered.
    • I have stopped the Windows Update service, before I start my data connection. Instead, I am manually checking and installing updates.
    Can someone please advise ASAP?

RatnakharMeka, Jul 8, 2018
  3. How to stop "system host" from eating most of my Network data?

I understand that its related to windows system.

Service host consuming more a GB per day, store and updates are not that data consuming.

How to stop it, as task manager end task don't help much!

JigeshShah, Jul 8, 2018
  4. SYSTEM service is consuming much data. How do I stop this?

why is local host consume all my network when i'm using usb tether?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Have you protected your Wi-Fi connection through password?

If you have not set any password for the Wi-Fi connection then it is possible that other people can share your data using your Wi-Fi connection. So I suggest you to protect your password.

Also if any background services are running on your computer then it might consume the data more, please refer to the below steps to check the services and end it.

• Press “Ctrl+Alt+Delete” and click on “Task Manager”.
    • Click on “More Details” and under processes check which services are consuming more bandwidth and right click on it, click on “End Task”.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

SYSTEM service is consuming much data. How do I stop this?

1. SYSTEM service is consuming much data. How do I stop this? - Similar Threads - SYSTEM service consuming

2. Suddenly my laptop is consuming much data.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly my laptop is consuming much data.: Before it was like 1-2 hrs 2gb and now its 5 mins for the same amount.windows updates are also paused, what is the problem then? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-my-laptop-is-consuming-much-data/363cfa3d-5be0-4c78-bfbc-a8acd7c8c81d
  3. pc consuming too much data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc consuming too much data: im not even using anything on my pc still its consuming so much data and even i have set my wifi as metered connection turned off sync live title off background apps off and everything else but its still consuming so much net...
  4. pc consuming too much data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc consuming too much data: im not even using anything on my pc still its consuming so much data and even i have set my wifi as metered connection turned off sync live title off background apps off and everything else but its still consuming so much net...
  5. How do i stop Windows 10 from consuming my data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i stop Windows 10 from consuming my data?: Please how do I stop Windows 10 from wrecking me financially. I've tried everything I know to stop the Update. I recently created a past question and answers website where students can download past questions in PDF such as WAEC, NECO, JAMB and Post UTME, and School of...
  6. Why my laptop system consuming so much data , how can I prevent it??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why my laptop system consuming so much data , how can I prevent it??: In few days I have noticed that my laptop consumes around 1GB of data within 20 min . In this way my broadband data falls short. And when I check in windows data usage tab ,it shows that system is consuming not any other application.So what can I do in such situation? *Note:I...
  7. Service Host: Network service Delivery Optimization consuming too much data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Service Host: Network service Delivery Optimization consuming too much data: Hi sir, In my widnwos 10 the Serivce Host Delivery Optimization is consuming too much data from my metered connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-network-service-delivery-optimization/c49187b4-873f-4121-8eac-264286310d34
  8. System app consumes much data

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System app consumes much data: System app in Microsoft windows 10 is consuming much data. To be precise, it consumes 4 to 5 GB data in a day at least once in a week. All windows update is turnned off for certain days, but still it consumes 4 to 5 GB data on a single day [IMG]...
  9. delivery optimization is consuming too much data

in Windows 10 Customization
    delivery optimization is consuming too much data: Today i became tired of svchost.exe which was using too much data since last update. found in service that it was actually delivery optimization DoSvc, so i did the following: disabled delivery optimization in windows setting. didn't work disabled " allow downloads from...
  10. Consuming too much data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Consuming too much data: My windows 10 laptop is consuming too much data and when i checked the data usage i found thatsetuphost.exe is the one which is consuming the entire data. It nearly consumed 100mb in less than 1minute.since i have daily data limit please help me to control my data usage....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop data consuming services in my computer