Windows 10: System Settings App Crashes

Discus and support System Settings App Crashes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all! I recently purchased a monitor for my laptop. I went through the connection process without issue. The resolution was off so I opened System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LRaimo, Mar 8, 2020.

1. LRaimo Win User

System Settings App Crashes

Hi all! I recently purchased a monitor for my laptop. I went through the connection process without issue. The resolution was off so I opened System Settings Display to adjust. As I'm in the process of making those changes, the display screen crashed and closed on its own. Since then, if I attempt to open System Settings, any category it opens then closes approx 20 seconds later. I have windows 10. There were two updates within the past week. I have tried nearly everything I could find. Resetting app, reinstalling the app in Powershell, the dsim commands, downloaded Malware software and scanned. Purchased Reimage Plus and scanned. Nothing. Ran trouble shooters, updated drivers ,checked cable connections. Anything I could find on the internet, I tried. Hoping someone here has something new. Help! Also tried system restore

:)

LRaimo, Mar 8, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 8, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Mar 8, 2020
  4. System Settings App Crashes

SETTINGS APP CRASHES

Hello, thanks for replying to my question. Fortunately, I was able to solve the problem before viewing your reply. I created a temporary new user account using command prompt and used the new user account to update windows 10. As soon as my windows 10
    is up to date the settings app no longer crash. For the time being, the problem is solved. If in the future this problem surface again I might try the steps you suggested.

Kelsey Mun, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

System Settings App Crashes

1. System Settings App Crashes - Similar Threads - System Settings App

2. Win10 Settings App crash after clicking on "System"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Settings App crash after clicking on "System": I just reset my PC and for some reason this error has occurred, didn't happen before reset. I am in the latest version of windows 10 22H2. I've made sure everything is up to date after resetting, drivers, windows etc.Basically when I open the settings app everything else in...
  3. Win10 Settings App crash after clicking on "System"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Settings App crash after clicking on "System": I just reset my PC and for some reason this error has occurred, didn't happen before reset. I am in the latest version of windows 10 22H2. I've made sure everything is up to date after resetting, drivers, windows etc.Basically when I open the settings app everything else in...
  4. Win10 Settings App crash after clicking on "System"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. System settings crashed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System settings crashed: SystemSettings.exe - Application errorThe instruction at 0x00007FFE0CBD0086 referenced memory at 0x000000000000000. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program.Please resolve....
  6. System settings crashed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System settings crashed: SystemSettings.exe - Application errorThe instruction at 0x00007FFE0CBD0086 referenced memory at 0x000000000000000. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program.Please resolve....
  7. settings app crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings app crashes: I'm trying to reset my laptop and when I go to settings> Update and Security and press the recovery button, the settings app crashes. Similarly when I search 'Reset this PC' and press 'Enter', It crashes without any errors.I'm using windows 10....
  8. Settings App Crashed

Settings App Crashed: Hi! I just recently installed a new font through settings app in Windows 10. The installation is successfull. But, when I uninstalled the font. The settings app is not responding and crashed. I will attach the screenshot of the detail in Reliability History. [ATTACH]...
  9. When I click on System in the Settings app, it crashes.

When I click on System in the Settings app, it crashes.: So, I guess the last cumulative Windows 10 update broke the Settings app. I just debloated my system without breaking things. Last time I upgraded to Windows 10 2004 from 1903, and I've never had the problem with 1903. Last cumulative update probably broke the System tab in...
  10. Settings app crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings app crash: Settings app crashes after clicking System or Display settings after installing the update. Current Windows version : 1903 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-crash/981c8048-feea-4ea0-930c-521378fbe60a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows settings system crashes