Windows 10: System settings app,Display settings app, Microsoft store app close/crash on startup (desk.cpl)

Discus and support System settings app,Display settings app, Microsoft store app close/crash on startup (desk.cpl) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having issues getting in any System setting window, making me unable to setup my monitors. After disabling error reporting briefly, I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MaartinS4, Dec 11, 2018.

1. MaartinS4 Win User

System settings app,Display settings app, Microsoft store app close/crash on startup (desk.cpl)

Hello,

I'm having issues getting in any System setting window, making me unable to setup my monitors.
    After disabling error reporting briefly, I was able to get following error codes (picture added)
    The issue started on an older install, so in an attempt to fix it, I reinstalled Windows 10, at first it seemed to work, until I reboot, and the issue returned.
    I have also tried the sfc scan, and reinstalling windows apps in powershell, but nothing seemed to fix it.

In Safe mode I am however able to open all of these apps.

Something that may or may not be related is, while booting up, I'm getting the old vista loading animation (very shortly), which started happening after a windows update not too long ago, and keeps happening after the clean install aswell (USB bootkey made with the official tool) (screenshot also added)

Would like some fresh ideas, as I'm out of any.

Kind regards

Martin System settings app,Display settings app, Microsoft store app close/crash on startup (desk.cpl) 5b5b5703-6831-434b-8108-51f949f80bf0?upload=true.jpg System settings app,Display settings app, Microsoft store app close/crash on startup (desk.cpl) d47afadd-d163-40bc-a4f8-803a4d8dc06d?upload=true.jpg

:)

MaartinS4, Dec 11, 2018

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Dec 11, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-purging-lot-low-quality-apps-windows-store

P4-630, Dec 11, 2018
  4. System settings app,Display settings app, Microsoft store app close/crash on startup (desk.cpl)

Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Here's what Valve is contending with:
    App Store Review Guidelines - Apple Developer

The ones that stand out that may have caught Steam Link:
    So yeah, there's a lot of reasons why Steam Link would get rejected.

App submissions and approvals is a thing between developer and Apple. Valve intentionally let this information leak probably because Apple's restrictive guidlines will never allow Steam Link to be on the store. Valve is hoping the Steam user base makes a lot of noise so Apple grants Valve and exemption. I doubt it will work. Apple loves control and Steam Link is a portal into the Linux/Windows ecosystem. Even if Steam Link were exclusive to Mac OS, Apple would likely demand Valve use Mac OS's remote desktop features rather than Steam Link.

I'd be shocked if Apple allows it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

System settings app,Display settings app, Microsoft store app close/crash on startup (desk.cpl)

1. System settings app,Display settings app, Microsoft store app close/crash on startup (desk.cpl) - Similar Threads - System settings app

2. Close All Apps on Set Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Close All Apps on Set Display: I am trying to find a way of closing all applications on a specific Display/Monitor when I press a key combo or something.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-all-apps-on-set-display/04829c69-e55b-4519-8490-283cb6b68bed
  3. Close All Apps on Set Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Close All Apps on Set Display: I am trying to find a way of closing all applications on a specific Display/Monitor when I press a key combo or something.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-all-apps-on-set-display/04829c69-e55b-4519-8490-283cb6b68bed
  4. some icons are not displayed in settings => apps => startup

some icons are not displayed in settings => apps => startup: some icons are not displayed in settings => apps => startup The following actions were performed: 1 sfc /scannow 2 DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth 3 Cleared the cache of icons %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ExplorerPrintScreen...
  5. Startup Apps not displaying in Settings > Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startup Apps not displaying in Settings > Apps: I started my pc, and found out that my EarTrumpet app was turned off @ startup, so I went to Settings > Apps > Startup Apps. But surprisingly, Startup Apps option was not there. I tried googling it, but I didn't get any results, so I'm posting this community post as I need...
  6. settings app's buttons are blank and display settings crashes the app

settings app's buttons are blank and display settings crashes the app: when i go into settings, the buttons in almost every category are blank and do nothing, and whenever i go to display settings it crashes the settings app. what should i do? is this issue known to you? do i have malware? also, i don't know if that's connected but when i go...
  7. Settings app crashes and closes instantly

Settings app crashes and closes instantly: I have an expected problem here. I went to Settings > Personalisation > Colours but every time I click on custom colour, the app crashes for a few seconds and then closes instantly. I don't know what caused this but I really have to get it fixed. Can anyone give me any...
  8. System Settings App Crashes

System Settings App Crashes: Hi all! I recently purchased a monitor for my laptop. I went through the connection process without issue. The resolution was off so I opened System Settings Display to adjust. As I'm in the process of making those changes, the display screen crashed and closed on its own....
  9. Settings/Apps/Startup

Settings/Apps/Startup: So far, I have found nothing about this: In that location, several of my apps have two or three entries, even though none of them have more than one app running. Why the multiple entries? 119187
  10. Settings/Apps/Startup

in Windows 10 News
    Settings/Apps/Startup: So far, I have found nothing about this: In that location, several of my apps have two or three entries, even though none of them have more than one app running. Why the multiple entries? 119187