Windows 10: System Settings Closes Immediately After Opening

Discus and support System Settings Closes Immediately After Opening in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I'm dealing with a frustrating problem - my two monitors are displaying what the other should left monitor displays right, right monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 200Ethan, Jul 4, 2020.

1. 200Ethan Win User

System Settings Closes Immediately After Opening

Hello! I'm dealing with a frustrating problem - my two monitors are displaying what the other should left monitor displays right, right monitor displays left, but I can't switch them around in display settings as I have in the past! Right clicking on my desktop, and then clicking "display settings" or going to "System" under the Windows Settings menu will result in the page opening for a few seconds at most, and then closing. Here is a list of everything I've tried doing the following to fix the issue:

= : The term '=' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the

spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

At line:1 char:5

+ & { = Get-AppxPackage *immersivecontrolpanel*.InstallLocation + '\A ...

+ ~

+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: =:String [], CommandNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

• https://www.dell.com/support/articl...or-flashes-and-closes-instantaneously?lang=en
      • Solution 1> Windows cannot find "ms-settings". Make sure you typed the name correctly [. . .]
      • Solution 7 This error repeats many times>

Add-AppxPackage : A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument 'Register'.

At line:1 char:28

+ ... foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode - Register "$$_. ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: : [Add-AppxPackage], ParameterBindingException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PositionalParameterNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackag

eCommand

• Multiple system file checks.
    • I even got to the point of performing a repair upgrade with an ISO file, but I can't even do that! The Media Creation tool says my Windows 10 Pro N version 10.0.18363 "PC cannot be upgraded to Windows 10"

It seems like I've come across someone with the same problem here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ont-work/364b7bd2-f5d0-44a7-b675-b955e5035224, but I hope I've given enough information so that it can be resolved here at least.

This is what will not open

System Settings Closes Immediately After Opening 0f1d40c9-28aa-492c-a376-6cdfc79e70e5?upload=true.png System Settings Closes Immediately After Opening 575c8d52-eeac-4bbb-9a6f-f7d4c215ee33?upload=true.png

This is the error message for the Media Creation tool

System Settings Closes Immediately After Opening 640b9f1a-23a9-4c4d-9033-ef348c1473f7?upload=true.png

:)

200Ethan, Jul 4, 2020
  2. SoCal Win User

Win-10 Edge closes immediately after opening

My upgrade from Win-7 to Win-10 seemed to go faultlessly, everything including Edge worked correctly. After a couple of hours though, Edge no longer will open properly, The basic blue screen w/logo comes up for 5 seconds or so and immediately closes. Shortly thereafter the Start button also stopped opening, although by right-clicking I could get the basic function list so could still stumble along.
    The Start button problem was fixed by going back to my first Restore point (created by an automatic upgrade), but the Edge problem persists in spite of trying various fixes from posts dating back to the beta-test period. Obviously this is a problem that has existed from the early beta issues ... and it ain't fixed yet!! Any suggestions appreciated, because I note that Win-10 depends heavily on Web access via Edge.

SoCal, Jul 4, 2020
  3. BETA. Win User
    GPU-Z 0.8.1 closes immediately after opening

I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 and I was using version 0.8.0 of GPU-Z(which was working fine) until it prompted me to update to 0.8.1 and grabbed the update but ever since I opened it, it immediately closes and now even the older version of GPU-Z closes immediately.

BETA., Jul 4, 2020
  4. System Settings Closes Immediately After Opening

Why does Windows 10 close apps immediately after they are opened?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you facing this issue with all the apps?
    • Are you getting any error message while the apps are closing?
    This issue may be caused by some app corruption or some third party app confliction. I suggest you to follow the methods given below:

Method 1:
    I suggest you to run the
    Windows store app
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store app.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist kindly follow the below given method.

Method 2:
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    3. Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

System Settings Closes Immediately After Opening

1. System Settings Closes Immediately After Opening - Similar Threads - System Settings Closes

2. Settings close immediately after opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings close immediately after opening.: Everytime I open settings it closes immediately. I don’t know how to fix this problem I’ve tried factory resetting my entire pc and I’ve tried using Powershell, Command Prompt, and even Task manager to try to make it work again. I can’t go on Microsoft Edge because I need to...
  3. Settings close immediately after opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings close immediately after opening.: Everytime I open settings it closes immediately. I don’t know how to fix this problem I’ve tried factory resetting my entire pc and I’ve tried using Powershell, Command Prompt, and even Task manager to try to make it work again. I can’t go on Microsoft Edge because I need to...
  4. Settings immediately closes after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings immediately closes after opening: Before I'm recommended sfc /scannow trust me, I've tried everything. I've tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth and nothing works. For other people it...
  5. Settings immediately closes after opening

Settings immediately closes after opening: Before I'm recommended sfc /scannow trust me, I've tried everything. I've tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth and nothing works. For other people it...
  6. Settings immediately closes after opening

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Store closes immediately after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store closes immediately after opening: I have tried many ways but windows store not opening ..it just loads and closes itself.I tried ;reseting the appclear cachesync timetroubleshootingand restarting but not a single work for me.plz help me to solve this problem...
  8. Display Settings open and close Immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Settings open and close Immediately: If I try to open the Display Settings through the Desktop, The Settings App, ... every time it tries to open them but after some loading the window closes....
  9. Display Settings open and close Immediately

Display Settings open and close Immediately: If I try to open the Display Settings through the Desktop, The Settings App, ... every time it tries to open them but after some loading the window closes....
  10. Display Settings open and close Immediately

in Windows 10 Customization