Windows 10: System settings closes when the 'system' option is selected

Discus and support System settings closes when the 'system' option is selected in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have just updated to windows 10 update 1903 and when when I select select 'Settings' from the Start menu and then select 'System', the System menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RPStrom, Jun 12, 2019.

1. RPStrom Win User

System settings closes when the 'system' option is selected

I have just updated to windows 10 update 1903 and when when I select select 'Settings' from the Start menu and then select 'System', the System menu shows for a second and then Settings closes/crashes with no error message. This only seems to happen when 'System' is selected from the Settings menu. This occurs every time I try. I did reboot twice but nothing changed. Using the Control Panel works fine. Everything else seems to work ok so far. The machine is a Dell Optiplex 790, 16gb memory, 500gb HD, latest bios update. Is there any solution for this?

:)

RPStrom, Jun 12, 2019

2. System Specs minor revisions and suggestions

Change: Hard Disk(s) to Storage Device(s)
    Change: LCD/CRT Model: to Display Device(s):
    add an Audio Device(s) = for headsets and speaker set ups.

and as others have suggested before: The option to list more than one system spec

lyndonguitar, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Dual boot not allowing to select Operating system.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

Suggest you to try the below mentioned steps and check if they helps you.

* Press Windows logo key + R to open run command

* Type Systempropertiesprotection into it and hit
    Enter key.

* Go to Advanced tab, then click Settings
    under Startup and Recovery

* Select the check box against theTime to display list of operating system
    under System startup.

* Set the time in seconds if required, then click OK and
    OK.

Now restart your PC and see if it give option to choose operating system on
    System startup.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jun 12, 2019
  4. System settings closes when the 'system' option is selected

System options in Settings fail to respond..

Hi Haseeb,

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

As a workaround I suggest you to unplug all the external devices connected to your computer, hard reboot the device and check with the status of this issue.

If the issue still persists, try the below troubleshooting steps as the boot files of current operating system might got corrupted.

I suggest you to download Windows 10 ISO file, create an installation media from other working computer to perform automatic repair of the computer that you are unable to boot.

Using ISO file to perform automatic repair will allow the device to boot the system to Windows Recovery Environment and tries to repair the device.

Step 1: Download
    Windows 10 from the below link and create media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After creating the tool perform an Automatic Repair.

I would like to inform that, if your Windows 10 is not able to boot or startup, Automatic Repair will come into action and try to diagnose and fix the issue. It will scan system files, registry settings, configuration settings and
    more and try to fix the problem on its own, automatically.

Perform the Automatic repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
      F12.

• The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.

• Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
      Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
      CD\DVD ROM.

• After you boot your computer using Windows 10 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and
      Keyboard type

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner

• Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
      Automatic repair.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

System settings closes when the 'system' option is selected

1. System settings closes when the 'system' option is selected - Similar Threads - System settings closes

2. There is no Power option in Settings- System.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no Power option in Settings- System.: As per the title, the page isn't there at all in the Settings app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-power-option-in-settings-system/5728d7d9-4340-418a-b296-3ca28e78a135
  3. There is no Power option in Settings- System.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is no Power option in Settings- System.: As per the title, the page isn't there at all in the Settings app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-power-option-in-settings-system/5728d7d9-4340-418a-b296-3ca28e78a135
  4. Can't select operating system in operating system selection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't select operating system in operating system selection: I tried to download Windows 10 on my laptopI had Windows 7 as a second operating system. After 1st reboot the operating system selection screen appears with no operating system to select. I also can't use the recovery environment. How to fix it without usb drive?...
  5. Can't select operating system in operating system selection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't select operating system in operating system selection: I tried to download Windows 10 on my laptopI had Windows 7 as a second operating system. After 1st reboot the operating system selection screen appears with no operating system to select. I also can't use the recovery environment. How to fix it without usb drive?...
  6. Can't select operating system in operating system selection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Drives selection for system image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drives selection for system image: Hi. I am trying to make a system image but I'm troubled with something i haven't experienced before.When I installed windows on my current PC, i had all system files installed on an SSD which is Disk C. That's the only disk i actually care about for the system image, as i...
  8. System Settings Closes Immediately After Opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Settings Closes Immediately After Opening: Hello! I'm dealing with a frustrating problem - my two monitors are displaying what the other should left monitor displays right, right monitor displays left, but I can't switch them around in display settings as I have in the past! Right clicking on my desktop, and then...
  9. System settings instantly closes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System settings instantly closes: After recent update i cant open settings from start menu and notifications area - settings instantly close. Buttons in Notifications inactive and after closing panel, system throws this error. Event log: - <Event...
  10. Lag in system when a program is closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lag in system when a program is closed: After updating my system to 1803 Build 17134.48, I've noticed that the whatever program that the system is running sputters/freezes for couple of seconds whenever another program is closed. This includes dialog boxes, the Edge browser, the Start menu basically whatever is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system menu opens then closes

2. about under system closes settings