Windows 10: System Settings Restore

Discus and support System Settings Restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi! i just wanna ask about my windows 10 pro x64 i made a lot of changes like 1. Disable Open File Security (set to DISABLE tru registry) 2. Change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by zaldhie, Nov 21, 2016.

1. zaldhie Win User

System Settings Restore

Hi! i just wanna ask about my windows 10 pro x64 i made a lot of changes like
    1. Disable Open File Security (set to DISABLE tru registry)
    2. Change user account control settings - set to DISABLE lower value
    3. and some settings i change

but suddenly i shutdown my computer and when i comeback at the office in the morning...it is like restore into same settings
    when i open the file. The Open File Security is open and i check change user account settings also goes back to default.

just wanna ask some help how can i make this things works everytime even i restart my pc.

please i need some help here thanks!

:)

zaldhie, Nov 21, 2016

2. C3 bugs and password, settings, system restore

Bugs generally means errors in the programming in an items firmware, operating system or even additional software, you cannot "get" them like a virus.

Sometimes (sic) these errors are not noticed at the manufacturers testing stage especially if the item is rushed to market.

When a phone is released to hundreds of thousands of users any errors or shortcomings soon turn up and the manufacturer releases updates to fix these.

To further complicate the matter network operators choose their own version of the operating system (usually with certain functionality/menus disabled and their own logos replacing the manufacturers.) and they decide what updates to release. (Usually none
    because the update would revert the phone to the manufacturers menu unless they paid for a bespoke update. And why should they bother, they have already got your money....)

Major bugs on the are C3:

1: When accessing the internet it does not always give you the option of whether to connect by wlan or gprs despite all settings being correct.

I thought i had this fixed after following advice
    on this forum
    , but after working for a day the problem came back despite the fact i have not changed anything. Go figure..

2: Probably related to the above. Sometimes remains connected via GPRS even though set to "as needed", meaning it should disconnect when you close the browser. (Mine even reconnects after restarting the phone.) Cost a fortune in data charges! I am going
    to pursue my operator for this(Tesco).

My phone is vers 04.45 There is an Nokia update for this phone which presumably fixes these bugs but my operator has not approved it so I'm stuck, if I take it back I'll get offered a replacement (it will have the same problem, no point) or a refund. Trouble
    is I really like this phone, (wifi for £70!!) if it worked as intended it would be a great phone. Come on Nokia, this is damaging your reputation, search your own boards, loads of people have these problems, what can we do!

Greenbloke, Nov 21, 2016
  3. C3 bugs and password, settings, system restore

hey does anyone know of any bugs for the c3. And how you can get them?

just want to know coz i want to be careful with my phone. also the system restore is not an option for me as i dont know the password.

People have said the password is 12345 but that doesnt work for me and i have never changed it. If anyone has help with this please help.

krisdamaan, Nov 21, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

System Settings Restore

Hi, I'm not sure what
    means- I hope you didn't just power it down.

For settings to be saved, you need to shut it down properly- which means waiting for it to do certain things, including saving changes to disk.

Also make sure you're not logged in as a temporary user, and your computer has not been set up with a program to always restore the OS to a standard state. (There used to be a couple of programs to do that e.g. for university or office use to protect against unwanted user changes, but I've not seen anything like that for a few years).

dalchina, Nov 21, 2016
  5. Bree New Member
    If you are in a work environment and you log on to a Domain, it's possible the System Administrator has polices in place to ensure certain setting remain as they want them to be set.

6. zaldhie Win User
    My Computer is NOT belong to a domain...it is a normal pc. I'm pretty sure about it that why i was trying to change some settings. i have a FULL permissions and administrator account.

zaldhie, Nov 22, 2016
  7. zaldhie Win User
    i suddenly shutdown my computer because it is time to go home that day. there is no restore software that i installed such things. i just wondering how it happened in my computer. *Sad

zaldhie, Nov 22, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

System Settings Restore

You must not shut down your computer by effectively pulling out the plug.

You must shut it down by clicking shut down; if you choose do the former, it's unrealistic to expect volunteers to help you out.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

System Settings Restore

1. System Settings Restore - Similar Threads - System Settings Restore

2. Cant restore system factory settings.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant restore system factory settings.: So my laptop generaly doesnt work great but its oke. but for school I had to install pro tools wich I did but it didnt work so I reinstalled it twice to see of i did something wrong but the same problem occured. up until that time i only had minor problems like bloated drives...
  3. How to configure System Restore Space and set System Restore Intervals in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to configure System Restore Space and set System Restore Intervals in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When System Restore is turned on in Windows 10, the system automatically creates a restore point at critical moments such as installing new software or […] This article How to configure System Restore Space and set System Restore Intervals in Windows 10 first...
  4. Setting System Restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Setting System Restore points: Hello, everyone My PC is now using the Microsoft Chrome Edge and I already had a problem with missing Favourites. They are now restored, thank heavens! I had thought about restoring my PC to an earlier point but, on looking at the System Restore points available, only two...
  5. System Restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Restore: Hi I accidentally backed up my portable sat-nav into my windows 10 and now the memory is full. Does anyone know how to restore the system in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore/021c72ee-993a-4da4-b0fa-50187bb87dc0"
  6. system restore

system restore: My system restore is greyed out. This is a home built computer. I have a SSD 5G as my C drive. Just noticed this, installed windows 10 student in January. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore/cf9ca48a-a20a-4297-8ab1-35c54fb7f1e4
  7. Windows system files & settings restoring

Windows system files & settings restoring: I am stuck with this message i.e. please wait while windows files & settings are being restored. System Restore is restoring the registry... Pls help me out....
  8. System Restore

System Restore: Hi whenever I use system restore it says it was not succesful, i've tried many diferent resore points and done it in safe mode with no success, any ideas please? I'm using windows 10...
  9. system restore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    system restore: Hello I just did a system restore and cannot find my devices or drivers. How can I fix it? I also can't get my homescreen to a full screen. I have tried to do this by using the arrows to fill the screen. I do have a full screen on my screen saver. I'm not tech savy at all....
  10. System Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore: Unable to find System Restore function in W10.Could someone please guide me on how to find this very valuable tool which has rescued me many times. 20502