Windows 10: System settings scrolling down and not going back up

Discus and support System settings scrolling down and not going back up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I click the gear in my task bar and open settings and it zips down to the bottom and doesn't let me scroll back up. Every system menu auto shoots me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BrodoTeabaggins, Mar 3, 2020.

1. System settings scrolling down and not going back up

I click the gear in my task bar and open settings and it zips down to the bottom and doesn't let me scroll back up. Every system menu auto shoots me down to the bottom and I can't change anything. Only in settings no where else, wtf.

Only thing different and new is I hooked up a new monitor, went to settings to set everything up and I can't because it zips me down to the bottom and locks me there. What happened?

submitted by /u/BrodoTeabaggins
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BrodoTeabaggins, Mar 3, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Page scrolling on its own

We appreciate your response. To troubleshoot your issue, we suggest that you follow these steps below on how to modify Touchpad Scrolling Settings.

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click Mouse and choose Touchpad tab.
    • Locate the Scrolling Settings area within the touchpad properties tab. Adjust the settings to meet your needs.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

System settings scrolling down and not going back up

Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

System settings scrolling down and not going back up

1. System settings scrolling down and not going back up - Similar Threads - System settings scrolling

2. why does file explorer not let me scroll back up when I scroll down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does file explorer not let me scroll back up when I scroll down?: When I scroll all the way down on the left bar of File Explorer, I cannot scroll back up. I have to grab the scroll bar to go back up, and it is a huge pain. Please help. This is on Windows 11 by the way....
  3. why does file explorer not let me scroll back up when I scroll down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does file explorer not let me scroll back up when I scroll down?: When I scroll all the way down on the left bar of File Explorer, I cannot scroll back up. I have to grab the scroll bar to go back up, and it is a huge pain. Please help. This is on Windows 11 by the way....
  4. mouse scroll- when scrolling down it goes little up and then down, vice - versa

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse scroll- when scrolling down it goes little up and then down, vice - versa: I am using Logitech woreless M150 mouse, so whenever i scroll down or up it goes, little in other direction. I tried different wheel number of line, enable one screen at a time , hide pointer while typing , switching batteries but nothing works, cleaning dust evrything i...
  5. mouse scrolling jumps up and down

mouse scrolling jumps up and down: When I go to scroll to read a page my mouse wheel jumps up and down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scrolling-jumps-up-and-down/cf96c624-0974-41d9-bbc3-69f52e02b9d3
  6. Audio Going Up And Down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio Going Up And Down: I Need Help Because My Computer Audio Goes Up And Down All The Time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-going-up-and-down/3fbe49ca-668f-4c78-846a-f25e66f9f20b
  7. Is it normal for disk usage to spike up to 100% and then go back down?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it normal for disk usage to spike up to 100% and then go back down?: Hi, my disk usage spikes up to 100% and then goes back down. I just want to know if that is normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-normal-for-disk-usage-to-spike-up-to-100-and/02d92a59-311c-42de-a8c1-50db82b24ad0
  8. Windows 10 1909 scrolls back up when scrolling down.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 1909 scrolls back up when scrolling down.: HELLo, After an update to 1909 I get this weird, extremely, almost smash my computer to bits and pieces scrolling issue. Whenever I scroll down, it will randomly scroll back up, some times just a little bit, other times quite a lot. The issue completely vanished for a...
  9. PC scrolling up and down by itself

PC scrolling up and down by itself: A few days ago, my desktop suddenly started scrolling up and down by itself. It has gotten bad enough that my computer is nearly unusable as it keeps clicking out of text fields, interrupting games, etc. Sometimes the mouse scroll wheel won't even respond. So far, I have...
  10. Script Errors and Scrolling Up/Down

in Browsers and Email
    Script Errors and Scrolling Up/Down: Ever since I received updates last week Just about every website I go to gives me a multitude of script errors and trouble scrolling. I have used the tools-- internet--advance settings to check the settings to prevent this but nothing appears to function. Is there some other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse wheel scrolls up but not down