Windows 10: System settings won't open

Discus and support System settings won't open in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All of the other setting tabs work perfectly fine, but when I click on System, settings app just crashes. I have ran SFC and DISM and they haven't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TylerWeiss1, Mar 26, 2020.

1. System settings won't open

All of the other setting tabs work perfectly fine, but when I click on System, settings app just crashes.

I have ran SFC and DISM and they haven't fixed my problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

TylerWeiss1, Mar 26, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 26, 2020
  4. System settings won't open

windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

System settings won't open

1. System settings won't open - Similar Threads - System settings won't

2. Windows 10 System Settings won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 System Settings won't open: I have tried using the Windows logo key +I, I tried the Settings icon on the Start Menu, the Display Settings from the Desktop right-click menu; the Task Bar Settings right-click menu, and every time, the Settings window appears for 1-2 seconds and closes. Restarting the PC...
  3. Windows 10 System Settings won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 System Settings won't open: I have tried using the Windows logo key +I, I tried the Settings icon on the Start Menu, the Display Settings from the Desktop right-click menu; the Task Bar Settings right-click menu, and every time, the Settings window appears for 1-2 seconds and closes. Restarting the PC...
  4. Windows 10 System Settings won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. system information won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system information won't open: Hi, So when I right click Start > System, the settings page opens and crashes. It won't show me system information. I tried to access the same through Settings > System > About but it crashes from there too.It works in safe mode only.Other settings are working normally,...
  6. system information won't open

system information won't open: Hi, So when I right click Start > System, the settings page opens and crashes. It won't show me system information. I tried to access the same through Settings > System > About but it crashes from there too.It works in safe mode only.Other settings are working normally,...
  7. Settings Won't Open

Settings Won't Open: Hello there, I have an issue on my Windows 10, Whenever I try to open settings it immediately closes after 1 seconds... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-wont-open/79b833e7-fde0-412b-9cff-33c7c7584114
  8. Settings won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings won't open: Hi, I recently just bought a surface pro, after a couple of updates I went to use it, but when I try to open settings, the settings logo comes up on the window but it just closes after a second. I tried pretty much everything I could find on other threads, switching accounts,...
  9. Settings won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings won't open: When I click on Windows logo and click on Settings, Settings doesn't open. I also did a search for Settings in the search box. It gave a list of settings that I could open but none of them opened the a Settings box when I clicked on them. How can I fix this?...
  10. Settings won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings won't open: The settings app won't open on my laptop running windows 10. I'm aware that this is a common problem but the troubleshooter released by microsoft doesn't work for me, as it fails to detect a problem. I'm also aware that there is an update to fix this issue, but I can't access...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows system settings wont open