Windows 10: System shows wrong computer model

Discus and support System shows wrong computer model in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I own two Dell XPS 13 laptops. Both are running Windows 10 2004. One is a 9345 model and the other a 9370. The 9345 got into such a state that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shedi69, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Shedi69 Win User

System shows wrong computer model

I own two Dell XPS 13 laptops. Both are running Windows 10 2004. One is a 9345 model and the other a 9370. The 9345 got into such a state that I decided to rebuild it from scratch. In recovery mode, all types of reset failed to work and so I used a media recovery USB created on the 9370 machine. I have recently noticed that the 9345 system page shows the computer as a Dell XPS 9370.

I am surprised that the computer type is not picked up from the hardware and not carried forward in the media creation, as seems to be the case. Device and Product ID's are correct.

Is there anyway I can correct this error? Maybe a reg edit?

Thank you

Ian

:)

Shedi69, Aug 24, 2020

2. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

System shows wrong computer model partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 displays wrong motherboard model

There you go. The wrong model number listed by bother you, but its not really going affect anything performance wise.

alphanumeric, Aug 24, 2020
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

how do i connect my NES system to my HP computer

Hi Shawn John,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

• Do you receive any error message on the screen?
    • What is the make and model of the NES System?

I understand how you feel at the moment. I would suggest you to shut down the computer, unplug all the Cables and connect it to the proper jack on the computer and the TV. Then start the computer and TV together and check if the
    display is back.

For more information, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Installation Steps for NES AV to TV Hookup.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

1. System shows wrong computer model - Similar Threads - System shows wrong

2. Why won't my system model show up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my system model show up?: For some reason my system Model and Manufacture won't show up in the system information app how do I make it show if possibl https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-system-model-show-up/e0b0c068-de6f-496a-89a2-3339c3eec87c
  3. Why won't my system model show up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't my system model show up?: For some reason my system Model and Manufacture won't show up in the system information app how do I make it show if possibl https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-system-model-show-up/e0b0c068-de6f-496a-89a2-3339c3eec87c
  4. Why won't my system model show up?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Computer showing the wrong time

Computer showing the wrong time: I've looked around google a bit and my settings and still have no answer to my problem. For some reason, my time is 7pm right now pacific standard time. It says that everywhere in my house and on google. But, my computer says its 10pm pacific standard time. Meaning it's 3...
  6. System tray icons wrong show/no-show toggles

System tray icons wrong show/no-show toggles: Windows 10 Home, my system tray icons are wonky. Some will go missing on me, not visible at all, not even in the "Show hidden icons" flyout. For example, right now my Network icon is flat out missing. If I go into the notification area tray and toggle it off, my volume icon...
  7. Notification/System tray programs showing wrongs icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification/System tray programs showing wrongs icons: Hello, I have a bit of an odd problem, which is purely cosmetic, yet very frustrating. My system tray apps (notification area, the right part of the taskbar) are almost always showing the icons of other installed apps (Even some that aren't currently running). In addition,...
  8. Same model gamepads pairing to the wrong stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Same model gamepads pairing to the wrong stick: I have two gamepads of the same model in two different Win10 PCs and, when turned on, they might randomly connect to the stick in the wrong PC. Doubt so but is there any way to prevent this from happening? 146878
  9. Computer clock shows wrong time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer clock shows wrong time: I am in Canada and my 2-year-old Acer Aspire has Windows 10. The time clock is always 1 hr. ahead of real time. I reset, change location from Canada/US to Eastern Standard time Canada. But it doesn't reset itself. Still showing 1 hr ahead of Ontario time. What can I do to fix...
  10. Windows 10 displays wrong motherboard model

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 displays wrong motherboard model: Hello everyone. I just fresh installed Windows 10 pro 64 bit on my new pc. The problem is that system info in windows displays my motherboard as gigabyte g1 sniper b5 but I have gigabyte g1 b6 sniper. I checked in bios and it displays the motherboard correctly. Some third...