Windows 10: System Shrinks ?

Discus and support System Shrinks ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Forum, My win 10 system, including office and several installed programs, and one restore point, occupies approx. 30.6 GB on "C" drive at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Motim Win User

System Shrinks ?

Hello Forum,
    My win 10 system, including office and several installed programs, and one restore point, occupies approx. 30.6 GB on "C" drive at starting the pc.Along the day it 'grows' up to approx. 32 GB, no installations or updates.Yesterday I ran a small (portable) program, it was a "thumb cache viewer", and since it did not suit me, I deleted it.Occasionally I checked "C" properties and it became 29.3 GB ?!The only change I noticed was a newer restore point, strangely the previous one gone. (It was created automatically)Checked my system by rebooting - everything fine, ran full scan with defender - no findings.Any explanation please, or am I just worried about nothing.Answers will be appreciated.Thanks

:)

Motim, Feb 8, 2019

2. AMD to Give 20 nm Optical Shrinks to Console SoCs First

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_technical_specifications

Scroll down to list of revisions. Die shrinks are not consumer relevant with consoles. They bring no performance changes because consistency is the entire point of them. Unless you're batshit crazy Nintendo that is, then you get the "new 3DS" half step BS.

LAN_deRf_HA, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Screen Shrinking

Hi Tracey,

In order to help you with your concern about the screen of your computer which is constantly shrinking, may we request you to answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the version and build of your Windows 10? To know these information, use the following steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Once the Run box appears, type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • Check for the Windows Build and Version.

(Click this link should you need to update your device and to access the Windows 10 update history as well.)

• Aside from updating the drivers, what other troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? This is for us to avoid redundancy.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Feb 8, 2019
  4. System Shrinks ?

SHRINK C VOLUME TO SMALLER CAPACITY

Hi,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

While shrinking the volume, you cannot use the upper arrow because, while shrinking the system will take the max amount of space that can be shrink. However, you can use the down arrow button to reduce the amount of space, which you want to shrink.

Since, both up and down buttons are not working, it might be an issue with system file corruption.

I suggest you to try running System File Checker (SFC)
    and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

System Shrinks ?

1. System Shrinks ? - Similar Threads - System Shrinks

2. How can I find out why my system freezes from time to time?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I find out why my system freezes from time to time?: My Windows 10 freezes from time to time. This happens while I am working with Microsoft apps (Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook) but also in Firefox or other apps. When it happens the notice "not responding" is shown and I can neither continue to work in the open app, nor can I stop...
  3. system restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system restore: I have windows 10, when I try to do a restore it tells me I have windows 7.When I try to restore it will not finish. HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore/b7e3be27-3f11-4c39-9536-63405dd1609b
  4. How often should I backup my Windows 10 system via checkpoints?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How often should I backup my Windows 10 system via checkpoints?: Hi, I read that sometimes Windows 10 does strange things to lead to sluggish performance. Rather than resetting or reinstall Windows and then do all sorts of updates over and over again, is it recommended to create backup checkpoints regularly? How often should I do that? As...
  5. Is it possible to use the media creation tool from system repair?

Is it possible to use the media creation tool from system repair?: Is it possible to use the media creation tool from system repair? Iv used the media creation tool before, I was sure I didnt have access to windows at the time.Iv just tried to use it again with the keep files option and actually it only works launching from Windows. I...
  6. System restore failure windows 10 error 0x80071160

System restore failure windows 10 error 0x80071160: I want to restore my system on my computer that is running windows 10, but it comes back saying it failed with the error 0x80071160. I've tried different times to restore the system to, but none work. Does anyone has an idea how to fix this? Pepijn...
  7. Windows system files & settings restoring

Windows system files & settings restoring: I am stuck with this message i.e. please wait while windows files & settings are being restored. System Restore is restoring the registry... Pls help me out....
  8. System Shrinks ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Shrinks ?: Hello Forum, My win 10 system, including office and several installed programs, and one restore point, occupies approx. 30.6 GB on "C" drive at starting the pc.Along the day it 'grows' up to approx. 32 GB, no installations or updates.Yesterday I ran a small (portable)...
  9. Shrink system image?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Shrink system image?: Is there any way to shrink a system backup image? I usually use the built-in "Win 7" backup function, but it creates an image about the same size as the working install, which is usually about 21GB. This is a problem on eMMCs, which typically run 64 or even just 32GB of total...
  10. Can't shrink my system partition despite disabling swap etc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't shrink my system partition despite disabling swap etc.: I am trying to shrink my system partition but Disk Manager only offers a tiny reduction in size due to "unmovable files". I have already disabled swap, hibernate and system protection and rebooted. What else should I do? 78625