Windows 10: System shutdown randomly on idle

Discus and support System shutdown randomly on idle in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Though I consider this a driver BIOS issue, I think the ms community may provide helpAs the subject goes, my laptop shuts down randomly on idle,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CharlesWithC, Apr 10, 2022.

1. System shutdown randomly on idle

Though I consider this a driver BIOS issue, I think the ms community may provide helpAs the subject goes, my laptop shuts down randomly on idle, usually 10 minutes after my last move. I haven't seen the last screen before it blacks out so I don't know what exactly is going on, but I suppose it just powered off in a second. The Event Viewer tells me there's no shutdown event recorded. I'm considering downgrading the BIOS driver but it just cannot do so. It just says "Image mismatch" If I remembered correctlyAnyone know how to solve this issue the shutdown-on-idle issue?OS: Windows 10Model

:)

CharlesWithC, Apr 10, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

automatic shutdown program

Oh, once you have a working script that kills bluestacks and hibernates the system, then you can schedule that script..
    Step a - prove the script; Step b - schedule it.

You would need to run the task if the PC has been idle for a certain time. Here is an example, except that instead of executing shutdown, you would use the script:

How to schedule Windows 10 shutdown after the PC has been idle

dalchina, Apr 10, 2022
  3. LemP Win User
    System idle process spike

Although you may have a problem that is causing fps drops, "System Idle Process" isn't what's causing it.

When "CPU usage" for System Idle Process is high, that means that your CPU is not doing much useful work.

Idle, noun:

• not working or active; unemployed; doing nothing: idle workers.
    • not spent or filled with activity: idle hours.
    When System Idle Process shows as 30%, what's taking up the majority of the rest of the CPU cycles? That's probably the source of the problem.

4. System shutdown randomly on idle

system shutdown 0x8000200000000002

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps under scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang) in the article below. The steps check on different possibilities
    of this issue.

Windows Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, or Windows Server 2008 R2

Advanced troubleshooting for Event ID 41 - "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" - Windows Client Management | Microsoft Docs

(Information in this article is valid for Windows 10 as well).

Hope this helps. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Apr 10, 2022
Thema:

System shutdown randomly on idle

1. System shutdown randomly on idle - Similar Threads - System shutdown randomly

2. System shutdown randomly on idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System shutdown randomly on idle: Though I consider this a driver BIOS issue, I think the ms community may provide helpAs the subject goes, my laptop shuts down randomly on idle, usually 10 minutes after my last move. I haven't seen the last screen before it blacks out so I don't know what exactly is going...
  3. System shutdown randomly on idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System shutdown randomly on idle: Though I consider this a driver BIOS issue, I think the ms community may provide helpAs the subject goes, my laptop shuts down randomly on idle, usually 10 minutes after my last move. I haven't seen the last screen before it blacks out so I don't know what exactly is going...
  4. Random Shutdowns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Shutdowns: Hi, I'm new to this community!Last week, I have blue screens and random shutdowns Probably because of using the laptop while charging, or playing games.After running sfc, i think blue screens had stopped.Random Shutdowns still remains, though.Yesterday, I was surfing on the...
  5. Random Shutdowns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Shutdowns: Hi, I'm new to this community!Last week, I have blue screens and random shutdowns Probably because of using the laptop while charging, or playing games.After running sfc, i think blue screens had stopped.Random Shutdowns still remains, though.Yesterday, I was surfing on the...
  6. Random Shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Random BSOD when system idle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random BSOD when system idle: My machine is randomly crashing when not in use. I have my system info file and 3 dmp files , nut do not know where to upload them. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500,...
  8. Random shutdown

Random shutdown: Hi, I am experiencing a weird issue where my screen is randomly showing me "locking" and then shuts down. When I then boot my computer again, I get a message from the BIOS stating that it lost contact with the operating system. This happens every 2-3 hours or so. Could you...
  9. Random Shutdowns

Random Shutdowns: So, I work in the I.T. department for a large company and we are all baffled by this new issue. We ordered a handful of OptiPlex 7050's because we need the large case for cards. I installed Windows 10 Enterprise, then I installed a secondary NIC and a NVIDIA QUADRO K620. I...
  10. Random Shutdowns

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Shutdowns: Laptop, Dell Studio 1555, Previously running Win7 Ultimate and had no issues regarding random shutdowns. Upgraded to Win10 Pro, then wiped drive and clean installed Win10 Pro. No issues during installation. No issues with device drivers. No other software installed....