Windows 10: System shuts down when battery is less than 50%

Discus and support System shuts down when battery is less than 50% in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When the laptop is not connected to the charger & battery is around 50% or less & it is in sleep mode. When I try to move the mouse or click the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VishalBib, Jan 14, 2021.

1. VishalBib Win User

System shuts down when battery is less than 50%

When the laptop is not connected to the charger & battery is around 50% or less & it is in sleep mode. When I try to move the mouse or click the keyboard so that it comes out of sleep mode, the laptop shuts down.

Checked the event viewer & the following event is logged

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

BIOS has been updated. Windows updates are installed 20H2 -19042.746. Have recently reinstalled Windows.

HP Laptop 15-di2001tx with 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, 2GB Nvidia MX 110 Graphics card.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Vishal

:)

VishalBib, Jan 14, 2021

2. HP Laptop system shutting down at 50% without warning

I am having issue with my HP laptop shutting down at 50% without any given warning. I have tried a quick fix to troubleshoot the battery life by un-installing all the battery items listed on "battery" and un-installing the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control
    Battery back and re-installing it back on my system. To my dismay, I observed the battery life extend from 84% to 91% but now I ham having issues with my system shutting down without any warning. I also have been observing a pop up message when I scroll
    over the battery that reads "89% available (plugged in, but not charging) HELP!

MustangMona623, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

System shuts down when battery is less than 50% pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jan 14, 2021
  4. System shuts down when battery is less than 50%

Computer Shutting Down at ~50% Battery

My laptop is unexpectedly turning off when it reaches about around 50% battery, but the actual level can be anywhere between 40% and 60%. It never turns off when plugged in. Whenever it does shut off, I have to plug it in before it turns back on. I thought maybe something was wrong with the way the laptop was reading the battery, so I updated the BIOS. Right after updating, the computer reached 20% without turning off so I thought the problem was fixed. But the next time I used it, it shut down at 40% again.

I know its not a heat issue because it happens whenever the laptop isn't plugged in. I thought maybe my laptop is reading the battery wrong but I don't know how to fix it. I've already completely reinstalled Windows.

Rohan Khajuria, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

System shuts down when battery is less than 50%

1. System shuts down when battery is less than 50% - Similar Threads - System shuts down

2. App with no name preventing shut down but dissapears in less than a second?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App with no name preventing shut down but dissapears in less than a second?: So I have this app with no name that prevents shutdown, but the problem is that it dissapears without me touching anything so I can't press anything. It makes my shutdown longer than it should be. I have tried sfc scannow, system file checker and many more. Just recently I...
  3. App with no name preventing shut down but dissapears in less than a second?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App with no name preventing shut down but dissapears in less than a second?: So I have this app with no name that prevents shutdown, but the problem is that it dissapears without me touching anything so I can't press anything. It makes my shutdown longer than it should be. I have tried sfc scannow, system file checker and many more. Just recently I...
  4. Battery drains when laptop is shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery drains when laptop is shut down: ASUS Rog Strix III Laptop. Before I start: I have hibernate sleep disabled, Fast start up disabled and I disabled suspended standby I think, but I can't find it anymore. Not sure while MS always moves those things around or renames them. Especially when they cause known...
  5. System shutting down until wait or battery removed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System shutting down until wait or battery removed: My system shuts down whenever I try playing a game. It won't reopen until I wait or I remove the battery and put it back in. The exhaust fan is noisy and it is very warm as well...
  6. Windows will shut down in less than a minute.

Windows will shut down in less than a minute.: After installing a windows update a while back, I keep getting a pop-up every once in a while saying "You're about to be signed out. Windows will shut down in less than a minute." Sometimes it happens a few times in a row, sometimes it doesn't happen for days. Also, Windows...
  7. Windows 10 Shut down , even with 50% battery

Windows 10 Shut down , even with 50% battery: My windows 10 shuts down frequently some times due to some low battery , ti dont even gives an low battery notification. Today it shut down on 67% battery . Pleas help.....
  8. PC Shuts Down when on battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Shuts Down when on battery: My Win 10 Home edition PC shuts down when it is on battery. The shutdown occurs after 30 minutes which is my setting for when the PC should sleep on battery power. Everything works fine while battery power until the 30 minutes of non use has the PC go to sleep. Any advice...
  9. HP Laptop system shutting down at 50% without warning

HP Laptop system shutting down at 50% without warning: I am having issue with my HP laptop shutting down at 50% without any given warning. I have tried a quick fix to troubleshoot the battery life by un-installing all the battery items listed on "battery" and un-installing the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Battery back and...
  10. Shut down computer when on battery

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut down computer when on battery: Hello, I need to be able to shut down my ASUS R517S laptop whenever it is running on battery (which is internal and cannot be removed easily). OS: Windows 10 Home. Why? Working in a offshore environment with a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HP laptop shuts down at 60 battery

2. my laptop battery reach 50 percent and shut down

3. laptop shutting down when the battery reaches 25-30% without warning

4. battery laptop is less than 84% then shut,
  5. my pc shut down on battery even battery life is 60% how can i resolve it,
  6. hp laptop shuts down at 60 percent battery fixed,
  7. hp laptop shutting down when the battery reaches 25-30% without warning,
  8. my pc battery turns off at 50%