Windows 10: System shuts down when in sleep mode

Discus and support System shuts down when in sleep mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I really am not sure where to even look. I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and had no problems for a while until I began using sleep mode. About every night or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Beerlord, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Beerlord Win User

System shuts down when in sleep mode

I really am not sure where to even look. I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and had no problems for a while until I began using sleep mode. About every night or two when in sleep mode, my system shuts down. I'm not here when it does so I don't see a blue screen and appear to have no other problems.
    I used WhoCrashed and get this info every single time I check it.

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\100815-12343-01.dmp
    uptime: 14:28:45
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFE001FD59D710, 0xFFFFD001F6446990, 0xFFFFE002062B69E0)
    Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

I can build computers but I suck at figuring out problems like this. All the drivers are up to date and since this started, Nvidia has had 3 driver updates that I've tried that make no difference.
    Can someone point me in some direction to try and solve this problem?

Thanks

:)

Beerlord, Oct 8, 2015
  2. red_fork Win User

Laptop goes to sleep mode during shutdown after closing the lid

Hello,

I have a problem with windows 10 which is going to sleep mode instead of shuting down.

I changed power settings to shutdown after closing the lid and to go to sleep mode when I press power button.

Now, when I press power button system starts to shutdown. Then I close the lid and system goes to sleep mode during shutdown process...

When I open the lid again the laptop wakes up and continues to shut down.

Is it normal behaviour? In my opinion system shouldn't go to sleep when is shutting down.

red_fork, Oct 8, 2015
  3. AmberFox Win User
    My computer shuts down when put in sleep mode, when the lid is closed, and if not in use for 15 minutes.

Hi all, if someone could please give me some ideas to try and trouble shoot that would be really helpful.

For a couple of weeks now, if I go to power and set my computer to sleep mode, instead it will shut down. If I close my computer lid, the computer will shut down. If I am using my computer but am not active on it for 15 minutes it will shut down.

However, in the settings, all of the settings are set to sleep mode for when the lid is closed, when the computer is idle, and etc. It is not the power settings.

What do you think is the problem and how can I fix it?

Thanks

AmberFox, Oct 8, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Beerlord,

After the upgrade did you do a clean install?
    If not, it is something to consider because with the upgrade there are bugs coming to face which can be avoided when performing a clean install after the upgrade.

Please read How to upload files

axe0, Oct 8, 2015
  5. Beerlord Win User
    No, things were working so well I decided not to do a clean install. In the past, I've always done that but thought I hit it lucky. If this can't be fixed, I guess that's what I'll do.
    In the meantime, here's a link to my MSInfo and dump files if anyone is interested in looking at them.
    Dropbox - Desktop.7z

Beerlord, Oct 8, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. System shuts down when in sleep mode - Similar Threads - System shuts down

2. Computers shut down when entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computers shut down when entering sleep mode: Hello, I am experiencing problems with some of my customers the number of people affected just keeps growing and growing . When the computers doesn't matter if it's a laptop or a PC enters sleep mode and some time passes - the computer shuts down. We tried checking the...
  3. Laptop shuts down when coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down when coming out of sleep mode: Hi Team, I am facing strange issue with my Windows. When ever I close the lid, the laptop goes into sleep mode but when I open the lid instead of coming out of the sleep mode, the laptop shuts down. This happens only when the charger is not connected i.e. the laptop is...
  4. PC randomly shuts down when switching to sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC randomly shuts down when switching to sleep mode: Hi all, From some time it might happen that my PC randomly shuts down when it is supposed to switch to the sleep mode. Aside from that nothing strange is happening. I tried giving a look at the dump files through the WindowsDebug tool and it gave me the following output:...
  5. Computer shuts down when in sleep mode overnight

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer shuts down when in sleep mode overnight: Has happened 3 nights now, after the late February update. Has anyone else experienced this? submitted by /u/Penuwana [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fgqi3w/computer_shuts_down_when_in_sleep_mode_overnight/
  6. Windows shutting down all apps when in sleep mode

Windows shutting down all apps when in sleep mode: Very recently, when I close my laptop set to put it in sleep mode all apps are closed. It happens even if I put it in sleep mode without closing the laptop. This is causing loss of work, and a slow restart when I have to reopen tabs. I have checked and double checked all...
  7. Laptop Getting shut down when in sleep mode

Laptop Getting shut down when in sleep mode: hi, there's been a little issue with my laptop's power settings, i suppose. My laptop gets shut down when i close my lid to put to sleep mode. however it doesn't gets shut down within 1 hour or so but gets shut after more than 4-5 hrs. this doesn't happen to my brothers...
  8. Laptop crashing and shutting down when put in sleep mode

Laptop crashing and shutting down when put in sleep mode: Hi, I'm having a crashing issue with a Toshiba Satellite S855-S5165 laptop. When the computer is put in sleep mode, the screen blacks out and the laptop freezes for ~ 5 minutes. After five minutes the laptop will crash and shutdown, generating a dump file. This happens...
  9. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...
  10. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system shuts doen once on the sleep mode