Windows 10: System shutting down until wait or battery removed

Discus and support System shutting down until wait or battery removed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My system shuts down whenever I try playing a game. It won't reopen until I wait or I remove the battery and put it back in. The exhaust fan is noisy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HussainAbidi, Dec 15, 2020.

1. System shutting down until wait or battery removed

My system shuts down whenever I try playing a game. It won't reopen until I wait or I remove the battery and put it back in. The exhaust fan is noisy and it is very warm as well

:)

HussainAbidi, Dec 15, 2020

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

System shutting down until wait or battery removed pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Dec 15, 2020
  3. New battery not charging

I suggested uninstall, not re-install.

There's an extended version of those instructions - the same idea, but some additional steps.
    Shut down hte machine
    Remove the battery - run on AC power only
    Device Manager > Batteries
    Uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    Shut down the machine

Remove AC power
    Wait 1 minte
    Insert Battery
    Connect AC power
    Start the machine

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery should be reinstalled when the machine is booting

But, the .3 volts might be significant - I agree with Kbird

Slartybart, Dec 15, 2020
  4. System shutting down until wait or battery removed

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

System shutting down until wait or battery removed pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

System shutting down until wait or battery removed

1. System shutting down until wait or battery removed - Similar Threads - System shutting down

2. System shuts down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System shuts down: I have a strix g15 advantage edition it's plugged to an external monitor. I turned on the laptop and it said that windows has replaced the drivers or something like that and the drivers just disappeared. This has happened a couple times and this time I got mad and hit my...
  3. System shuts down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System shuts down: I have a strix g15 advantage edition it's plugged to an external monitor. I turned on the laptop and it said that windows has replaced the drivers or something like that and the drivers just disappeared. This has happened a couple times and this time I got mad and hit my...
  4. System shuts down when battery is less than 50%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System shuts down when battery is less than 50%: When the laptop is not connected to the charger & battery is around 50% or less & it is in sleep mode. When I try to move the mouse or click the keyboard so that it comes out of sleep mode, the laptop shuts down. Checked the event viewer & the following event is logged...
  5. system shutting down

system shutting down: when i tried to open google meets in either chrome or in edge system shutting down and i am getting green screen with stop code error 'SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION'. Under what failed getting 'SPUVCbv x64sys...
  6. Shutting down the system !

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Shutting down the system !: Several months ago I have notice shutting down system sign. Is there a malware ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/shutting-down-the-system/bd1aa22b-112d-4b31-a8cc-1d0661b4a725
  7. System is shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System is shutting down: After the recent update, my system laptop shuts down automatically, when its not intended to; for example when the lid is closed it is supposed to sleep, yes i have checked the power settings;- it is set to sleep and other scenarios where i leave the computer to sleep for a...
  8. Laptop Shutting down abruptly and not turning on until the battery is removed and inserted...

Laptop Shutting down abruptly and not turning on until the battery is removed and inserted...: Hello I'm having inspiron 3558 laptop with windows 10.From yesterday,my laptop is slowing down at first and then shutting down abruptly without any warning and is not turning on when I press the power button and small sound is coming from it.But when i removed...
  9. Shut down computer when on battery

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut down computer when on battery: Hello, I need to be able to shut down my ASUS R517S laptop whenever it is running on battery (which is internal and cannot be removed easily). OS: Windows 10 Home. Why? Working in a offshore environment with a...
  10. shutting down system

in Windows 10 Support
    shutting down system: For some reason my system will not shut down and turn off completely under windows 10; only my monitor will go into power save mode but my system itself will just restart. Is this because I have a board that is not windows 10 compatible and the fact that its using just very...