Windows 10: System sleep no longer available after KB5017383 update

Discus and support System sleep no longer available after KB5017383 update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; yesterday I applied KB5017383 on my windows 11 system.Since then the "sleep" option in power menu is no longer available.Here's the output of powercfg... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bortot Luca, Sep 27, 2022.

1. System sleep no longer available after KB5017383 update

yesterday I applied KB5017383 on my windows 11 system.Since then the "sleep" option in power menu is no longer available.Here's the output of powercfg /a>powercfg /a The following sleep states are available on this system: Hibernate Fast Startup The following sleep states are not available on this system: Standby S1 The system firmware does not support this standby state. Standby S2 The system firmware does not support this standby state. Standby S3 The system firmware does not support this standby state. Standby S0 Low Power Idle

:)

Bortot Luca, Sep 27, 2022

2. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 27, 2022
  3. Updated from Windows 8 to 10, sleep mode is no longer available

I clicked the link I believe you were referring to. Unfortunately it didn't make sleep available.
    System sleep no longer available after KB5017383 update [​IMG]

sleepmode888, Sep 27, 2022
  4. System sleep no longer available after KB5017383 update

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

System sleep no longer available after KB5017383 update

1. System sleep no longer available after KB5017383 update - Similar Threads - System sleep longer

2. after updating WINDOW 11 EXCEL IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after updating WINDOW 11 EXCEL IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE: after updating WINDOW 11 how go i get excel back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-updating-window-11-excel-is-no-longer/b3dd4e7f-2084-4535-8328-22b28bd10108
  3. after updating WINDOW 11 EXCEL IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after updating WINDOW 11 EXCEL IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE: after updating WINDOW 11 how go i get excel back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-updating-window-11-excel-is-no-longer/b3dd4e7f-2084-4535-8328-22b28bd10108
  4. System sleep no longer available after KB5017383 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System sleep no longer available after KB5017383 update: yesterday I applied KB5017383 on my windows 11 system.Since then the "sleep" option in power menu is no longer available.Here's the output of powercfg /a>powercfg /a The following sleep states are available on this system: Hibernate Fast Startup The following sleep states are...
  5. Sleep states not available on system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep states not available on system: Hi,My laptop does not enter sleep, instead it enters hibernate. I ran powercfg /a, and got the following:The following sleep states are available on this system: Standby S0 Low Power Idle Network Connected HibernateThe following sleep states are not available on this system:...
  6. Sleep states not available on system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep states not available on system: Hi,My laptop does not enter sleep, instead it enters hibernate. I ran powercfg /a, and got the following:The following sleep states are available on this system: Standby S0 Low Power Idle Network Connected HibernateThe following sleep states are not available on this system:...
  7. after a system crash F1 + FN keys no longer sleeps the system ...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    after a system crash F1 + FN keys no longer sleeps the system ...: After a system crash F1 + FN keys no longer sleeps the system; That would not be necessarily an issue as I have "sleep" together with shut down \ restart menu. But to be practictal I want F1 FN working again. Thank you for any help. ps .: my computer is a desktop ;...
  8. Why are updates no longer available?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why are updates no longer available?: Once upon a time, I used to get updates. (Up until approx. 2 years ago) Nothing works, and now I'm stuck with 1607, and my system will soon be obsolete. Updates are supposed to be seamless. I can't even go back to my previous windows system. Why does Microsoft do this? :...
  9. Updated from Windows 8 to 10, sleep mode is no longer available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updated from Windows 8 to 10, sleep mode is no longer available: A few days ago I updated my HP Envy laptop from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I used to be able to close the lid and the computer would enter sleep mode, and come out of it when I opened the lid. After updating, it now goes into hibernation mode when I close the lid. In the Sleep...
  10. Updated from Windows 8 to 10, sleep mode is no longer available

in Windows 10 Support
    Updated from Windows 8 to 10, sleep mode is no longer available: A few days ago I updated my HP Envy laptop from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I used to be able to close the lid and the computer would enter sleep mode, and come out of it when I opened the lid. After updating, it now goes into hibernation mode when I close the lid. In the Sleep...