Windows 10: System Sleep-Permanent Lockup

Discus and support System Sleep-Permanent Lockup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All: Occasionally (about 1 time per week or so), when my HP laptop begins to go to sleep mode (after a period of inactivity or when 'Start/Power/Sleep'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jmruperto, Jun 20, 2021.

1. jmruperto Win User

System Sleep-Permanent Lockup

All: Occasionally (about 1 time per week or so), when my HP laptop begins to go to sleep mode (after a period of inactivity or when 'Start/Power/Sleep' is selected), the system never makes it to sleep. The screen goes to a solid color and a spinning clock like symbol spins at the middle of the screen. The system becomes unresponsive and there is no way to get back to an active system unless I remove the the battery or just unplug power and wait 10 hours for the battery to die. All buttons are inactive when the problem occurs. This situation appears to be random, and there are times when the system does go to sleep, but when I try to wake it after a few hours or even a day later it is unresponsive. Below is the system info. Help would be appreciated. Thanks Device nameLAPTOP-619PMJ1F ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz Installed RAM16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable) Device ID4B050815-8CBC-4C28-AF95-62553A87E155 Product ID00330-52895-10780-AAOEM System type64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touchNo pen or touch input is available for this display EditionWindows 10 Pro Version20H2 Installed on‎1/‎23/‎2021 OS build19042.1052 ExperienceWindows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

:)

jmruperto, Jun 20, 2021

2. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 20, 2021
  3. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Jun 20, 2021
  4. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

Thema:

1. System Sleep-Permanent Lockup - Similar Threads - System Sleep Permanent

2. Just got a system lockup while playing a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just got a system lockup while playing a game: hello,so the last 3 months or so I have been getting random system hard locks. I have to shut down the pc by using the power button. I tried reinstalling windows and all my drivers are up to date. I have no idea what is going on....
  3. Windows lockups

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows lockups: Hello, i decided to upgrade the case and nemory on my system and ran into issues. Before the change everything was fine. I swapped the case, added 16m more identical ran for 32g total. First boot i got an error, did sys repair and didn't work. Followed with safe mide and was...
  4. system reset lockup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system reset lockup: I've been trying to reload windows 10 after attempting a factory reset, and having it get stuck in a reboot loop at 64%. So I created a media install on a USB flash-drive, changed my boot order, and attempted to follow the standard path to a successful reset. Once I got to...
  5. Windows 10 system lockup

Windows 10 system lockup: Ever since the latest major updates to version 2004 my PC has been locking up randomly, sometimes even when I have been in the middle of keying into an application. I have done all I can to ensure that there is paging space on the main disk drive. I run AVG Tuneup whenever...
  6. System lockups then shutsdown

System lockups then shutsdown: After leaving an 3d application ,sometimes system locksup ,monitor goes to sleep and Windows restarts . Any idea what may be the cause and where should I be checking for errors? Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem...
  7. High CPU Usage & System Lockups (Taskhostw.exe)

High CPU Usage & System Lockups (Taskhostw.exe): Over the past few months, I have been getting constant Windows 10 lockups. Even when my pc is idle, I will find that everything will become unresponsive for about 5 - 10 seconds and the Hard drive light turns solid red. I look at Taskmanager and it says that my PC is using...
  8. Page lockup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Page lockup: Running win 10 and keep getting this zenus message and to call microsoft to remove which is a scam. I just ctl,alt, delete and reboot and its gone. then maybe back in a day or so. Is not there a software that will block this and not let it on? I have 360 sercuriy on my unit...
  9. System lockups, BSOD, games crash. errors vary.

System lockups, BSOD, games crash. errors vary.: Ok . I am getting random system lockups, can happen anytime. Sometimes using when using chrome or just on desktop. Happens most often when windows is on login screen, or sometime right before windows loads. Playing any game I have will cause crash to desktop. Crash time...
  10. Lockup - but Not lockup!?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lockup - but Not lockup!?: Having a very strange problem since the last update ... Every so often, but quite randomly my screen completely locks up - Now ... if I turn my TV screen on and off the lockup (90% of the time) fixes itself and I Can carry on doing what I was doing before it happened. So...