Windows 10: System slow down

Discus and support System slow down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ever since the Oct 9 v1803 update I have been experiencing a slow down in several areas. Windows apps like Microsoft News and Mail load extremely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ed1970, Oct 17, 2018.

1. ed1970 Win User

System slow down

Ever since the Oct 9 v1803 update I have been experiencing a slow down in several areas. Windows apps like Microsoft News and Mail load extremely slow. The Amazon Shopping extension in Edge stopped working. Edge itself is almost worthless. Pages load very slowly and then load with a blank page which pops up correctly if I hit refresh. I have repaired and reset all of the problem apps, run virus and malware scans, and done a system restore to an earlier date with no improvement. Chrome browser works fine as always and a speed test indicates that there is nothing wrong with my internet connection or speed. Any suggestions?

:)

ed1970, Oct 17, 2018

2. System slow down

Hello,

Slow PC performance can be caused by several factors. Since you are aware of the issue's source, we suggest that you run the
    Maintenance task. This will help you in checking and resolving any issues that is causing your device to slow down. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.

If the issue is still not resolved, feel free to let us know and we'll assist you further.

Regene Jos, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 17, 2018
  4. zbook Win User

System slow down

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

System slow down

1. System slow down - Similar Threads - System slow down

2. why my system slow down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why my system slow down: my system very slow i did not find it any problem, system is updated and restarted but this problem now face it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-system-slow-down/c730c5dc-7707-447e-9c80-ba0c04c612ff
  3. Slow down system performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow down system performance: Hello,After some time since I work with the system, the speed of running Windows 8.1 programs decreases drastically. Shutting down the laptop in this mode takes more than twenty minutes. Please guide me.Minidump Files:...
  4. Slow down system performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow down system performance: Hello,After some time since I work with the system, the speed of running Windows 8.1 programs decreases drastically. Shutting down the laptop in this mode takes more than twenty minutes. Please guide me.Minidump Files:...
  5. dwm.exe slows down the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dwm.exe slows down the system: dwm.exe overloads the integrated graphics for a few seconds, which is why my fps drops during the game. Sometimes it happens every few minutes. I've already tried everything I can: reinstalled intel hd graphics drivers, downgraded them, disabled this device, tried various...
  6. dwm.exe slows down the system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dwm.exe slows down the system: dwm.exe overloads the integrated graphics for a few seconds, which is why my fps drops during the game. Sometimes it happens every few minutes. I've already tried everything I can: reinstalled intel hd graphics drivers, downgraded them, disabled this device, tried various...
  7. dwm.exe slows down the system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows 10 system slow down

Windows 10 system slow down: Recently I have performed a scheduled maintenance of a laptop and implemented the following procedures:1. Cleared all the temp files2. Cleared cache3. Scanner for mrt from cmd4. Full system virus scan This is a routine process through which the laptop goes through every...
  9. Internet slow down + system lagging

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet slow down + system lagging: Hello community, I've recently ran into an issue that I just can't solve and it's a mystery for me. My internet for some reason started to slow down from 300mbps to 30 - 60mbps and when I'm doing something that burdens the internet watching youtube, loading a page, making...
  10. System slow down

System slow down: I experienced a series of BSOD on startup and shutdown and it took me a couple of days to find the cause and fix. However, now that I am not getting BSOD, my system is extremely sluggish. It is like if a huge process is constantly running in the background. Even pulling Task...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system slow down