Windows 10: System slow down

Discus and support System slow down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I experienced a series of BSOD on startup and shutdown and it took me a couple of days to find the cause and fix. However, now that I am not getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by eqvic, Jun 30, 2020.

1. eqvic Win User

System slow down

I experienced a series of BSOD on startup and shutdown and it took me a couple of days to find the cause and fix. However, now that I am not getting BSOD, my system is extremely sluggish. It is like if a huge process is constantly running in the background. Even pulling Task Manager is slow. Once in awhile I see "System Interrupts" go up to 60% of CPU utilization, but normally the overall CPU util is at 7%, and mem at 16%. Disk and Network are at 0%.

I have done:

Checkdsk

mem scan

Check all Win Updates are installed

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
    sfc /scannow

Disable unnecessary startup apps

My C:/ drive has about 25% free space

I see no conflicts with drivers on Device Manager

Frankly I can't think of anything else I can do, nor I find any other answers online. Are there any logs or files that could help the experts identify what may be going on or am I doomed to do a clean install?

:)

eqvic, Jun 30, 2020

2. System slow down

Hello,

Slow PC performance can be caused by several factors. Since you are aware of the issue's source, we suggest that you run the
    Maintenance task. This will help you in checking and resolving any issues that is causing your device to slow down. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.

If the issue is still not resolved, feel free to let us know and we'll assist you further.

Regene Jos, Jun 30, 2020
  3. WojtasRed Win User
    System start is slowed down

I have PHENOM II 720 BE and get this problem (system start is slowed down)... I mean, when I turn on my PC, I must wait about 15 sec to see anything on my LCD... My MoBo is GA-MA790X-DS4 and BIOS is F6. BIOS settings are set on OPTIMAL (even on SAFE MODE problem was here). I`ve this problem before with PHENOM 9850 BE and BIOS F4. Any suggestions? plz *Smile System slow down :)

WojtasRed, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Sidiaana Win User

System slow down

System slow down

Two windows processes are slowing my desktop down to the point that I can't use it. Those are the TiWorker.exe (using my hard disk) and the backgroundtaskhost.exe (Using the ethernet). The system is completely paralyzed - I had to use the laptop to be able
    to look things up. This is running now since 2 days and I'm baffled, both processes seem to be windows system processes not applications that I would have control over. I rebooted the system multiple times, shut it down, even attempted to run a sfc /scannow
    - but since the system resources are almost completely used up by the other two processes this is almost not progressing at all.

I'm at a complete loss and don't know how to get my desktop working again.

Any suggestions? Hopefully something that doesn't involve wiping the disks!

Sidiaana, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

System slow down

1. System slow down - Similar Threads - System slow down

2. why my system slow down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why my system slow down: my system very slow i did not find it any problem, system is updated and restarted but this problem now face it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-system-slow-down/c730c5dc-7707-447e-9c80-ba0c04c612ff
  3. Slow down system performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow down system performance: Hello,After some time since I work with the system, the speed of running Windows 8.1 programs decreases drastically. Shutting down the laptop in this mode takes more than twenty minutes. Please guide me.Minidump Files:...
  4. Slow down system performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow down system performance: Hello,After some time since I work with the system, the speed of running Windows 8.1 programs decreases drastically. Shutting down the laptop in this mode takes more than twenty minutes. Please guide me.Minidump Files:...
  5. dwm.exe slows down the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dwm.exe slows down the system: dwm.exe overloads the integrated graphics for a few seconds, which is why my fps drops during the game. Sometimes it happens every few minutes. I've already tried everything I can: reinstalled intel hd graphics drivers, downgraded them, disabled this device, tried various...
  6. dwm.exe slows down the system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dwm.exe slows down the system: dwm.exe overloads the integrated graphics for a few seconds, which is why my fps drops during the game. Sometimes it happens every few minutes. I've already tried everything I can: reinstalled intel hd graphics drivers, downgraded them, disabled this device, tried various...
  7. dwm.exe slows down the system

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows 10 system slow down

Windows 10 system slow down: Recently I have performed a scheduled maintenance of a laptop and implemented the following procedures:1. Cleared all the temp files2. Cleared cache3. Scanner for mrt from cmd4. Full system virus scan This is a routine process through which the laptop goes through every...
  9. Internet slow down + system lagging

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet slow down + system lagging: Hello community, I've recently ran into an issue that I just can't solve and it's a mystery for me. My internet for some reason started to slow down from 300mbps to 30 - 60mbps and when I'm doing something that burdens the internet watching youtube, loading a page, making...
  10. System slow down

System slow down: Ever since the Oct 9 v1803 update I have been experiencing a slow down in several areas. Windows apps like Microsoft News and Mail load extremely slow. The Amazon Shopping extension in Edge stopped working. Edge itself is almost worthless. Pages load very slowly and then...