Windows 10: System slow down

Discus and support System slow down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I experienced a series of BSOD on startup and shutdown and it took me a couple of days to find the cause and fix. However, now that I am not getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by eqvic, Jun 30, 2020.

1. eqvic Win User

System slow down

I experienced a series of BSOD on startup and shutdown and it took me a couple of days to find the cause and fix. However, now that I am not getting BSOD, my system is extremely sluggish. It is like if a huge process is constantly running in the background. Even pulling Task Manager is slow. Once in awhile I see "System Interrupts" go up to 60% of CPU utilization, but normally the overall CPU util is at 7%, and mem at 16%. Disk and Network are at 0%.

I have done:

Checkdsk

mem scan

Check all Win Updates are installed

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
    sfc /scannow

Disable unnecessary startup apps

My C:/ drive has about 25% free space

I see no conflicts with drivers on Device Manager

Frankly I can't think of anything else I can do, nor I find any other answers online. Are there any logs or files that could help the experts identify what may be going on or am I doomed to do a clean install?

:)

eqvic, Jun 30, 2020

2. System slow down

Hello,

Slow PC performance can be caused by several factors. Since you are aware of the issue's source, we suggest that you run the
    Maintenance task. This will help you in checking and resolving any issues that is causing your device to slow down. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.

If the issue is still not resolved, feel free to let us know and we'll assist you further.

Regene Jos, Jun 30, 2020
  3. WojtasRed Win User
    System start is slowed down

I have PHENOM II 720 BE and get this problem (system start is slowed down)... I mean, when I turn on my PC, I must wait about 15 sec to see anything on my LCD... My MoBo is GA-MA790X-DS4 and BIOS is F6. BIOS settings are set on OPTIMAL (even on SAFE MODE problem was here). I`ve this problem before with PHENOM 9850 BE and BIOS F4. Any suggestions? plz *Smile System slow down :)

WojtasRed, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Sidiaana Win User

System slow down

System slow down

Two windows processes are slowing my desktop down to the point that I can't use it. Those are the TiWorker.exe (using my hard disk) and the backgroundtaskhost.exe (Using the ethernet). The system is completely paralyzed - I had to use the laptop to be able
    to look things up. This is running now since 2 days and I'm baffled, both processes seem to be windows system processes not applications that I would have control over. I rebooted the system multiple times, shut it down, even attempted to run a sfc /scannow
    - but since the system resources are almost completely used up by the other two processes this is almost not progressing at all.

I'm at a complete loss and don't know how to get my desktop working again.

Any suggestions? Hopefully something that doesn't involve wiping the disks!

Sidiaana, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

System slow down

1. System slow down - Similar Threads - System slow down

2. Slowing Down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slowing Down: Hopefully, we can come up with an option other than reinstalling windows. I'm using Windows 10 on a custom-built computer and it's been about 2 years since it was originally installed on this particular machine. We don't do anything interesting with this machine. All of what...
  3. Windows Slow and slow down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Slow and slow down: Whats going on in Win 10. The past 2-3 weeks have seen win 10 go from smooth and fast to slow and slow. This forum took 77-78 seconds to open from clicking on shortcut to screen. I have games staggering all over the place like drunken graphics. On occasion sites do not even...
  4. System slow down

System slow down: Ever since the Oct 9 v1803 update I have been experiencing a slow down in several areas. Windows apps like Microsoft News and Mail load extremely slow. The Amazon Shopping extension in Edge stopped working. Edge itself is almost worthless. Pages load very slowly and then...
  5. System and System Interrupts drastically slowing down my computer

System and System Interrupts drastically slowing down my computer: Greetings! I have a Surface Pro 3, Windows 10. About 2 weeks ago I've noticed my Surface slowing down to a point where I had trouble performing real work on it. After some poking around I realized that System and System Interrupts are taking up about 30% CPU cycles, with...
  6. System and System Interrupts drastically slowing down my computer

System and System Interrupts drastically slowing down my computer: Greetings! I have a Surface Pro 3, Windows 10. About 2 weeks ago I've noticed my Surface slowing down to a point where I had trouble performing real work on it. After some poking around I realized that System and System Interrupts are taking up about 30% CPU cycles, with...
  7. Network copying slows down entire system

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network copying slows down entire system: Been trying to copy 50gb from my synology to a USB hd disk. This causes the entire system to not respond well.. If I hit the pause button on the copy window everything works again perfectly. So I tested to a local Hard Drive.. Same copy movement. No issues then. So the...
  8. slowing down laptop

slowing down laptop: Hi guys, We have a HP Probook 450 G2 with Windows 10, only bought within the last 2 years, but it's become quite slow especially on startup. We haven't downloaded lots of programs etc on it, it says the C: disk has 329/450GB free. I also ran CCleaner to clean up files...
  9. pc slowing down

pc slowing down: Hello I have problem with my laptop.I bought my laptop about a month ago and it was very fast but after this one month it started to slow down and it gets slower and slower and i dont know whats happening ..... My laptop is supposed to be fast but something happened and now...
  10. System and compressed memory slowing down disk operation

System and compressed memory slowing down disk operation: I have win 10 64-bit home on a 4th gen core -i5 laptop. I have a WDC 1T 2.5" USB3 drive. It is about half full. It used to do 60-70MB/s write speed. Since a few days ago, I noticed it has slowed down by a factor of 5-6 to 10-20MB/s. While copying large files, I watched what's...