Windows 10: System slowdown after a little work... strange for a new computer....

Discus and support System slowdown after a little work... strange for a new computer.... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi Folks, Back again. Hoping someone can shed some light on this issue. Being a graphics artist I need a zippy computer. The new rig I'm working from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RAMWolff, Apr 29, 2019.

1. RAMWolff Win User

System slowdown after a little work... strange for a new computer....

Hi Folks,

Back again. Hoping someone can shed some light on this issue. Being a graphics artist I need a zippy computer. The new rig I'm working from now is not as zippy as I expected. I upgraded from an i7 to an i9 and have a much more robust graphics card and motherboard... 32 gigs of DDR 4 so I would expect the system to be banging fast compared to my older rig... this is not the case... After about an hour working the system slows WAY down like the paging file isn't keeping up or something. Take a look at my specs (yes, I've finally updated them *Tongue ) and if you have some suggestions that I can try to get things running smoother and faster I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks so much
    Richard *Cool

:)

RAMWolff, Apr 29, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 slowdown

Hi Aman,

There are some factors that may cause the computer to slowdown, corrupt Windows system files, is one of the factor that can slow down the computer and cause other problems.

To isolate the issue, we would like to ask some information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Apr 29, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Apr 29, 2019
  4. EdTittel Win User

Mysterious System Slowdown

Thanks for all the great suggestions @ThrashZone, @zinou, and @Word Man. I'm not disinclined to suspect slowdowns from the Spectre v2 patch -- if he's applied it -- owing to the age of the machine. I'm leaning toward telling him to put a gimlet eye on the pagefile and working set sizes, too. Methinks he's asking the machine to do more than it can gracefully handle, especially given an older 5400 RPM spinner as the main (and only) drive.
    Thanks again,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

1. System slowdown after a little work... strange for a new computer.... - Similar Threads - System slowdown little

2. Windows 10 - slowdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - slowdown: I bought a Dell laptop that has Windows 10 version around 1 year back. From last few months, the software has become very slow. It takes around four minutes to start. And various applications are too lazy to get started. Even if they start, they'll crash and get closed. The...
  3. Edge slowdown issues

in Browsers and Email
    Edge slowdown issues: In the last few days I have noticed that edge has become very slow to load some pages and completely unresponsive at times to the point I have installed firefox to get around it. Some websites load fine but then, if I try to navigate to a different page it just sits trying to...
  4. New computer- pin not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New computer- pin not working: Hello-- I just bought a new Dell XPS and installed a PIN and password. The Pin hasn't worked since the get go? I reset the PIN to ensure it wasn't my error, but whenever I reboot, I have to default to use the password. I searched and found that deleting the NGC folder...
  5. BSOD After New Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD After New Computer: Just finished building a new computer, however BSOD's twice with a faulty_hardware_corrupted_page and a memory_management error within the first few hours. Any help appreciated Attachment 66741 42322
  6. Random Slowdown of Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Slowdown of Mouse: Hello all, I'm having an issue with my Corsair M65 Pro RGB mouse. Seemingly randomly, the sensitivity of the mouse will drop and won't return to normal unless I replug the mouse or restart the computer. My Settings: This is what my mouse properties are in Windows....
  7. Strange HDD sound after new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange HDD sound after new SSD: Hello guys. As i say yesterday i buy and use as main disk my new SSD. The old HDD have it for back up (music,images). From yesterday and now the HDD sometimes do it a big sound like loading something.And then stop it and the pc its very quiet like normal mode....
  8. Extreme System Slowdown - Looking for Cause

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extreme System Slowdown - Looking for Cause: Hello! I have updated my System Profile.... My system has begun to respond very slowly...programs may take 5 to 10 seconds to launch, changing tabs in browser or quitting a program seems to take forever. I have looked at what is starting up and looked some at Task Manager...
  9. Mysterious System Slowdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mysterious System Slowdown: I'm posting this on behalf of my old friend and colleague, Herb Martin, who used to teach Windows NT desktop and server curriculum at his company LearnQuick.com back in the day when I was first getting into that same area (which puts it around 1994-1995). He still works with...
  10. Strange problem after booting computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange problem after booting computer: Ok so i have been running Windows 10 for a while now and after a few teething problems that were soon sorted out, i have found it to ok and i quite like it Last night when i turned the computer off it was running fine, but this morning on booting quite a few problems...