Windows 10: System slowdown after a little work... strange for a new computer....

Discus and support System slowdown after a little work... strange for a new computer.... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi Folks, Back again. Hoping someone can shed some light on this issue. Being a graphics artist I need a zippy computer. The new rig I'm working from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RAMWolff, Apr 29, 2019.

1. RAMWolff Win User

System slowdown after a little work... strange for a new computer....

Hi Folks,

Back again. Hoping someone can shed some light on this issue. Being a graphics artist I need a zippy computer. The new rig I'm working from now is not as zippy as I expected. I upgraded from an i7 to an i9 and have a much more robust graphics card and motherboard... 32 gigs of DDR 4 so I would expect the system to be banging fast compared to my older rig... this is not the case... After about an hour working the system slows WAY down like the paging file isn't keeping up or something. Take a look at my specs (yes, I've finally updated them *Tongue ) and if you have some suggestions that I can try to get things running smoother and faster I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks so much
    Richard *Cool

:)

RAMWolff, Apr 29, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 slowdown

Hi Aman,

There are some factors that may cause the computer to slowdown, corrupt Windows system files, is one of the factor that can slow down the computer and cause other problems.

To isolate the issue, we would like to ask some information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Apr 29, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Apr 29, 2019
  4. EdTittel Win User

Mysterious System Slowdown

Thanks for all the great suggestions @ThrashZone, @zinou, and @Word Man. I'm not disinclined to suspect slowdowns from the Spectre v2 patch -- if he's applied it -- owing to the age of the machine. I'm leaning toward telling him to put a gimlet eye on the pagefile and working set sizes, too. Methinks he's asking the machine to do more than it can gracefully handle, especially given an older 5400 RPM spinner as the main (and only) drive.
    Thanks again,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

1. System slowdown after a little work... strange for a new computer.... - Similar Threads - System slowdown little

2. Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement: Recently my motherboard died and I had to get it replaced. I took it to a repair shop and had it done, but since getting it back it has been running much more slowly, programs that ordinarily start up with Windows don't anymore, and now I can't even play games on it anymore...
  3. Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement: Recently my motherboard died and I had to get it replaced. I took it to a repair shop and had it done, but since getting it back it has been running much more slowly, programs that ordinarily start up with Windows don't anymore, and now I can't even play games on it anymore...
  4. Computer Extreme Slowdown After Motherboard Replacement

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. System Slowdown and Unresponsive Applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Slowdown and Unresponsive Applications: System Slowdown and Unresponsive ApplicationsDear Microsoft Community,I trust this message finds you well. I'm reaching out because I've encountered a perplexing issue with my Windows 10 system, and I'm seeking your expertise to help resolve it.Problem Description: Recently,...
  6. System Slowdown and Unresponsive Applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Slowdown and Unresponsive Applications: System Slowdown and Unresponsive ApplicationsDear Microsoft Community,I trust this message finds you well. I'm reaching out because I've encountered a perplexing issue with my Windows 10 system, and I'm seeking your expertise to help resolve it.Problem Description: Recently,...
  7. System Slowdown and Unresponsive Applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows security has gone a little strange.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security has gone a little strange.: The windows security menu and the reset menu are both a little jumbled. “%1!s!” Seems to come up a lot I don’t know if I have a virus or if this is a bug with windows but it’s pretty weird. Has this happened to any other computers?...
  9. New System Build Little Bitty Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New System Build Little Bitty Question: Shop Did a rebuild of my old Desktop, and reused the following components, Ram which is fine, my Samsung SSD, and Storage drive, it appears somehow they hid all the old hardware, and somehow got Windows 10 Pro to work with new board, and processor. IF i show hidden devices...
  10. Mysterious System Slowdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mysterious System Slowdown: I'm posting this on behalf of my old friend and colleague, Herb Martin, who used to teach Windows NT desktop and server curriculum at his company LearnQuick.com back in the day when I was first getting into that same area (which puts it around 1994-1995). He still works with...