Windows 10: System Sluggish at Times

Discus and support System Sluggish at Times in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi All System Sluggish while gaming off and, and sometimes during other tasks, I custom set my pagefile, should I have not done that? Avast... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AMDMan2016, Sep 17, 2016.

1. System Sluggish at Times

Hi All

System Sluggish while gaming off and, and sometimes during other tasks, I custom set my pagefile, should I have not done that? Avast antivirus was in use, til it used so much memory it seemed, that I have to remove it, as was approaching 90-95 percent, Should I take the time sometime and restore my system image if I figure out how to, and really only install programs I use, and in General keep it nice and lean, and keep Page file system managed, and pick 1 Antivirus to stay with, lately been switching from Avast back to Defender back to Avast, back to Defender, have run SFC /scannow, no violations found.

(I know I'm not so smart on performance issues or picking programs to use, but maybe getting better than I used to be lol)

If I wanna stay with Avast, is putting it back on one more time ok, and leaving it, and just dealing with the high memory usage if continues, setting page file back to System managed as well

:)

AMDMan2016, Sep 17, 2016

2. Display Driver did not load and Running low on Memory Messages

Thanks for the link, unfortunately I can not find any dump files on my system at all. Again today I woke up to display driver errors, a run time error, a lack of memory error and overall sluggishness of the system.

MelissaJanik, Sep 17, 2016
  3. Failed to Install 2017-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x86-based Systems (KB4019472)

It worked! Thank you, man! This was awesome. It took a time, then it recalibrated itself for my laptop, but then my system is no longer sluggish, no longer overheating (as before). This solution works like a charm!

Have a nice day

Mr. Jack Hill, Sep 17, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

System Sluggish at Times

Hi AMDMan2016,

I would suggest to let Windows configure the system file.

It would be best, IMO, to stick with Windows Defender for a while at least until the problem is resolved.

Please open task manager, make 2 screenshots and post these screenshots.
    1 of the performance tab where the memory usage is shown
    1 of the processes tab filtered on the memory usage (click on the tab to filter)

5. Ok Well already reconfigured Avast prior to your reply, Here is Task Manager after system restart, I usually let System sleep at night, and wake up soon as I wake up, or remote into it during night if I need to do any tasks

Page File set back to System managed

*Opens my normal programs, and gets second task manager screenshot shortly here**

Normal progams ran are as follows

Windows 10 Skype Preview
    Windows 10 Mail app
    Firestorm 3rd party viewer for Secondlife (64bit edition) 4.7.9.50527
    Microsoft Edge
    Groove Music player at times

Memory hog might be Firestorm, can't say for sure as yet though, but if it's manageable, i'll be happy, and as long as system performance is still good, then excellent, Reason why I keep going back to Avast I think is cause of all the other household PC's use it, so I feel unsafe at times when I use Defender, maybe i'm just crazy lol

AMDMan2016, Sep 17, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Task manager processes isn't filtered on 'Memory'.

It is most useful if you make the screenshots when the problem occurs, that makes it more easy for us to find any possible causes.

7. Will Do that then when the problem occurs, will make the screen shot at that time with it flitered on the memory, unless doesn't happen now since I set Page file to System Managed, but will keep eye on it

AMDMan2016, Sep 17, 2016
  8. Archie123 Win User

System Sluggish at Times

never set a custom pagefile always let windows manage it , some programs ask for huge chunks of pagefile just incase they will need it , windows then sets that aside , if its not available it will use your physical ram.

Archie123, Sep 17, 2016
  9. Yeah learned that wasn't such a good idea now, memory use is holding great so far, a lot less sluggish as well, still keeping eye on it, and if need be will post task manager screenshot when problem is occurring, but so far it's running great with my preferred programs in, running, and such.

Highest Ram usage got so far was 88 percent, but then dropped back down for some reason, overall though seems to be performing better with page file system managed, and yes I already know Avast service uses 21.5mbs even when it's idle and not really performing a scan

AMDMan2016, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

System Sluggish at Times

1. System Sluggish at Times - Similar Threads - System Sluggish Times

2. PC sluggish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC sluggish: My PC is not performing well. The apps are slow and sometimes its not responding. The computer is only 2 years old and everytime there is an update I make sure that it will install properly. I dont have problem with the driver I want my PC become reliable but it is working...
  3. PC sluggish

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC sluggish: My PC is not performing well. The apps are slow and sometimes its not responding. The computer is only 2 years old and everytime there is an update I make sure that it will install properly. I dont have problem with the driver I want my PC become reliable but it is working...
  4. Sluggish Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sluggish Taskbar: I have read many of the entries about the taskbar not working. I have even tried some of their fixes but to no avail.My issue is that many times when I close programs, or start programs, I go down to make the taskbar appear, it won't show for sometimes 15 to 30 seconds,...
  5. sluggish mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sluggish mouse: Hi, Im having an issue with my mouse feeling floaty and sluggish. Its not 1:1. ( Only in games). Might be because of the recent update? Its def not my mouse, because it happens on all of them. Also tried reinstalling drivers but wasnt succesfull. Does anyone have the same...
  6. Sluggish pc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sluggish pc: Sorry for the lame title... I have good up/down but this pc is just sluggish now. I don't know when it happened but it seems new. My wife's pc, which just got w10, is similarly sluggish. It's just not snappy like it used to be. The only thing that has changed are some...
  7. Sluggish internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sluggish internet.: Some reason I cant upload a video I recorded to show my issue!!!!!!! I was on YouTube watching video, it would load, play, go back to loading, play, back loading, then play. Downloads are same way, it will download, stop, start back downloading. 97970
  8. Sluggish Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sluggish Mouse: I know that this has been a problem virtually since Windows 10 was released. I've been following the various threads on the subject and have attempted to implement most of the claimed fixes but, sadly, the problem of drag still exists. At times my system is close to unusable...
  9. Alt-Tab becomes sluggish over time

Alt-Tab becomes sluggish over time: Laptop specs (Dell Inspiron 15r 5537): CPU: i5 4th gen mobile processor GPU: integrated graphics Ram:12 gb OS: Windows 10 Pro Hard drive: 500gb 850 evo SSD So this problem has plagued me for several months, but I had never thought to ask online; I've only asked about...
  10. Windows sluggish boot-up time

Windows sluggish boot-up time: Hello, I'm new here I just wanted to ask for some help and assistance over the issues I've faced with my laptop. Specs: Code: Processor: Intel Core i5-6220U Ram: 8gb Graphics: Intel HD Graphics[/quote] Here's my Diagnostic-Performance Events: Boot Performance...