Windows 10: System sound Auto-reset

Discus and support System sound Auto-reset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear allA week ago, I got my brand new XPS-17, i7 11th gen. top specs, windows pro10 64-bit. of course, despite the hefty premium price, it's far from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Win-Geek, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Win-Geek Win User

System sound Auto-reset

Dear allA week ago, I got my brand new XPS-17, i7 11th gen. top specs, windows pro10 64-bit. of course, despite the hefty premium price, it's far from perfect....One annoying issue is, System sound auto-reset. When i open the "Sound Mixer" dialogue, the System volume gets reset to as high as every other app's volume, which is extremely annoying. I have to go there and set the system volume at 6% every time I restart my laptop.Of course, in the settings i chose not to allow any app/device to have any control over the sound. Yet, i have to deal with this!Any idea of how to fix this Microsofty me

:)

Win-Geek, Dec 28, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue System sound Auto-reset :p

cadaveca, Dec 28, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 28, 2021
  4. fireberd Win User

System sound Auto-reset

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Dec 28, 2021
Thema:

System sound Auto-reset

1. System sound Auto-reset - Similar Threads - System sound Auto

2. System sounds keep resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System sounds keep resetting: How do I disable system sounds?? Every time the internet disconnects, it restarts, etc., they get turned back on. I am NOT trying to turn off all sound notifications, just the Windows ones. This is extremely annoying and I can't find any posts with an actual answer....
  3. System sounds keep resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System sounds keep resetting: How do I disable system sounds?? Every time the internet disconnects, it restarts, etc., they get turned back on. I am NOT trying to turn off all sound notifications, just the Windows ones. This is extremely annoying and I can't find any posts with an actual answer....
  4. System sounds keep resetting to 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System sounds keep resetting to 100%: Hello,I've been having this issue/bug where my system sounds keep resetting on random times while my PC is turned on, but also after a restart or on boot up the next day. I'm running windows 11 and I've noticed that this keeps on going on for a long time now. It's very...
  5. System sounds keep resetting to 100%

System sounds keep resetting to 100%: Hello,I've been having this issue/bug where my system sounds keep resetting on random times while my PC is turned on, but also after a restart or on boot up the next day. I'm running windows 11 and I've noticed that this keeps on going on for a long time now. It's very...
  6. reset the sound system without a reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reset the sound system without a reboot: The troubleshooter can reset the sound system without a reboot.There must be a way to directly access the place that does the reset without having to go thru the troubleshooter. Can anyone point directly to the place in the system that starts the reset?...
  7. reset the sound system without a reboot

reset the sound system without a reboot: The troubleshooter can reset the sound system without a reboot.There must be a way to directly access the place that does the reset without having to go thru the troubleshooter. Can anyone point directly to the place in the system that starts the reset?...
  8. reset the sound system without a reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. System sound Auto-reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System sound Auto-reset: Dear allA week ago, I got my brand new XPS-17, i7 11th gen. top specs, windows pro10 64-bit. of course, despite the hefty premium price, it's far from perfect....One annoying issue is, System sound auto-reset. When i open the "Sound Mixer" dialogue, the System volume gets...
  10. System sound Auto-reset

System sound Auto-reset: Dear allA week ago, I got my brand new XPS-17, i7 11th gen. top specs, windows pro10 64-bit. of course, despite the hefty premium price, it's far from perfect....One annoying issue is, System sound auto-reset. When i open the "Sound Mixer" dialogue, the System volume gets...