Windows 10: System sound mutes when "po" key sequence entered quickly - why!?

Discus and support System sound mutes when "po" key sequence entered quickly - why!? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been bugged for months by seemingly random muting of the sound on my PC, making listening to music almost impossible. I think it may have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rebecca1of4, Mar 28, 2017.

1. System sound mutes when "po" key sequence entered quickly - why!?

I have been bugged for months by seemingly random muting of the sound on my PC, making listening to music almost impossible. I think it may have started happening when I upgraded to Windows 10 but not sure. I have Kaspersky Internet Security and it hasn't detected any malware or virus, and I have checked all installed software and don't see anything suspicious.

I have narrowed down the issue to certain key sequences that I type, so far I have found that quick-typing "po" or "pu" seem to toggle the system mute - the widget below appears in the top left corner of my screen. If I reverse the characters it unmutes. This happens no matter what application I type it in (specifically tried Microsoft OneNote and both Edge and Chrome browsers) If I type the characters with a pause in between, the mute toggle does not happen.

Does anyone know what might be causing this and how to disable it? It seems like some kind of hotkey mapping. Any help would be much appreciated!!

System sound mutes when "po" key sequence entered quickly - why!? [​IMG]

:)

rebecca1of4, Mar 28, 2017
  2. atikuruu Win User

5800 XM " General: System Error " on saving music file

WHAT CAN I DO NOW

atikuruu, Mar 28, 2017
  3. vilu85 Win User
    " Waiting for approval " until when !????

It means that it's waiting for approval from your operator and it has nothing to do with Nokia.

You could call your operator and ask about this approval, someone in technical service may know that how long it takes to approve the newest firmware. (For some reason, every operator has to approve the firmware updates and only after that their clients
    can do the update)

vilu85, Mar 28, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

System sound mutes when "po" key sequence entered quickly - why!?

Hi, please check to see if this happens in Safe Mode.

If not, please check again after a clean boot.

If not, please successively enable
    a. all services
    b. startups in turn
    each time checking to see if the effect has returned.

Some possibilities:
    a. HP utility (some reports of this, although not identical)
    b. Google Hangout mute feature

dalchina, Mar 28, 2017
Thema:

System sound mutes when "po" key sequence entered quickly - why!?

1. System sound mutes when "po" key sequence entered quickly - why!? - Similar Threads - System sound mutes

2. Why is sound output muted when input is detected?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is sound output muted when input is detected?: I'm trying to use a USB Sound Card to output a tone while looking for a sound input. I see that when the input function is selected, the output tone is muted. Is there some device configuration that is causing this?...
  3. Why is sound output muted when input is detected?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is sound output muted when input is detected?: I'm trying to use a USB Sound Card to output a tone while looking for a sound input. I see that when the input function is selected, the output tone is muted. Is there some device configuration that is causing this?...
  4. Muffled or muted sound when in call

Muffled or muted sound when in call: Whenever I start a call, be it in Skype, Zoom, Discord or Teams, the sound coming from other apps distorts and sometimes it outright mutes. Its been an issue primarily when gaming, but it occurs even with apps like Spotify. When playing, for example, Genshin Impact, the...
  5. why does sound keep on muting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does sound keep on muting?: Mute sound keeps turning on. How do I disable it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-sound-keep-on-muting/ff1d2a50-6cd9-450e-8cde-dba6086ffc69
  6. why does sound keep on muting?

why does sound keep on muting?: Mute sound keeps turning on. How do I disable it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-sound-keep-on-muting/ff1d2a50-6cd9-450e-8cde-dba6086ffc69
  7. why does sound keep on muting?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Enter key muting volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Enter key muting volume: whenever i press the enter key, while it does what it's supposed to do, it will also mute the computer volume. the keyboard i use is a logitech G213 if i could have some way to stop this, i'd appreciate it....
  9. Sound Muted When Resuming Video

Sound Muted When Resuming Video: I'm not sure if this is a Chrome issue an Audio Sub-System or a Driver issue. Background; UNtil a couple of days ago I had an Nvidia GTX 960 that I connected to my HDTV with an HDMI cable. I ran the video and audio through the GTX 960, into the TV and out to my speaker...
  10. Sound mutes when changing desktops

Sound mutes when changing desktops: Hi all, All of a sudden my system mutes any playing audio when I switch desktops (using Task View). It's Window 10 1709 (a Mac book pro 2015). This has worked fine up until a couple of days ago and I've changed nothing. Any new updates that may have screwed this up or any...