Windows 10: System sound plays through microphone some times

Discus and support System sound plays through microphone some times in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; System audio is being played through my microphone, its not being picked up because, one I'm wearing headphones and two it even happens when my mic is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by moneymando, Jun 6, 2020.

1. System sound plays through microphone some times

System audio is being played through my microphone, its not being picked up because, one I'm wearing headphones and two it even happens when my mic is muted. The weird thing is it only happens when using the audio jacks on the front of my pc, and not when using the ones in the back. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling realtek audio drivers.

:)

moneymando, Jun 6, 2020

2. Skype "can't access sound card" for microphone

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the microphone on Skype. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your time spent in resolving the issue.

• Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Which version of Skype have you installed on your computer?

As a workaround, I suggest you to check if there are any updates for the Skype app in Windows Store. If so, try to install the updates and check if it helps.

Also, I recommend you to check with the settings in Skype app.

Step 1: Check configuration in Skype

Normally, you will receive the message about recording device error, if the microphone or the webcam is not configured properly in Skype.

To check configuration:

• Open Skype and navigate to tools
    • Click options and check for sound device.

Step 2: Verify in the recording tab if the Microphone is enabled and working.

To check:

• Click Start, click Control Panel
    • Click Soundand click Audio.

Hope it helps. Update us the status with the error message on Skype for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 7, 2020
  3. microphone

Since you're using an external headset/microphone, we suggest using a different headset to test if the same issue will occur. You can also run the built-in troubleshooter for hardware and sound by following the steps below:

• In the Windows Search bar, type troubleshoot.
    • Open the Control Panel app from the search result.
    • Under Troubleshoot computer problems, click Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Playing Audio to run the troubleshooter and follow the on-screen guide

We will wait for an update.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 7, 2020
  4. System sound plays through microphone some times

Microphone Sound Quality

Hi I'm Peter an independent advisor, you could try the following:

Step 1 - Run the troubleshooter

a) Press Windows and X key together and select Control Panel.

b) Click on Troubleshooting.

c) Click onView all option on the left side of the Windows.

d) Click on Playing Audio option.

e) Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.

Step 2 - Check your microphone’s drivers

1. Type in “Device Manager” in the Search box and select it from the list.

2. Expand Sound, video and game controllers

3. Right-click (or tap and hold) your microphone device and select Update Driver Software.

4. Select Search automatically for updated driver software. This option will scan the Internet for the correct version of the driver or determine if you already have the most recent driver installed. You may be prompted to restart your computer to install the
    driver.

Step 3 - Manually turn up the mic gain

1. Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select Sound (Control Panel) from the list.

2. Select the Recording tab.

3. Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select Properties.

4. Select the Levels tab.

Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click Apply.

PeterFlynn4, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

System sound plays through microphone some times

1. System sound plays through microphone some times - Similar Threads - System sound plays

2. System sounds not playing through Headphones [WINDOWS 10]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System sounds not playing through Headphones [WINDOWS 10]: I am unable to get system sounds email notification, battery warning, device connect etc. to play when I have my headphones in. Additionally, when using the sound theme editor, no sounds are audible when clicking the "Test" button. Other sources of sound, such as music and...
  3. System sounds not playing through Headphones [WINDOWS 10]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System sounds not playing through Headphones [WINDOWS 10]: I am unable to get system sounds email notification, battery warning, device connect etc. to play when I have my headphones in. Additionally, when using the sound theme editor, no sounds are audible when clicking the "Test" button. Other sources of sound, such as music and...
  4. System sounds not playing through Headphones [WINDOWS 10]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headset playing sound through microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset playing sound through microphone: Hey, the cable from my headset broke and now I got a new one, problem now is, my audio from my pc is playing through my microphone.Things I have tested: 1. removing the microphone does not fix it, it still plays the audio2. if I change to another microphone in my settings, it...
  6. Headset playing sound through microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset playing sound through microphone: Hey, the cable from my headset broke and now I got a new one, problem now is, my audio from my pc is playing through my microphone.Things I have tested: 1. removing the microphone does not fix it, it still plays the audio2. if I change to another microphone in my settings, it...
  7. System audio/sound plays through microphone

System audio/sound plays through microphone: Hi Microsoft, I have been trying this issue for a while, this is going to be my last resort. Basically, my headset Mic picks up anything that is playing in my computer. no, There is no audio bleed from the headphones & if I am in a call in a discord for eg. they can hear...
  8. Windows system sounds play through wrong device

Windows system sounds play through wrong device: Hi, I have had a bit off an odd issue lately with the output of windows system sounds going to the wrong device. I have two audio devices connected to my computer, a pair of headphones and speakers. I currently have the headphones set as the default device and the default...
  9. Audio playing through microphone

Audio playing through microphone: All of my audio is playing through my microphone on discord, teamspeak, game chat etc. and I can't seem to fix it. Its not my microphone because when I mute my mic on my headset the audio still plays. I have tried disabling all of the other audio devices besides my headset...
  10. Sound plays through speakers and headphones at same time

Sound plays through speakers and headphones at same time: My audio wasn't working at first so I checked my device manager and saw that my intel high definition audio device was missing so I manually downloaded it and used intel device support to make sure it was all updated now the sound works but when I plug in my headphones the...