Windows 10: System sound

Discus and support System sound in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have windows 10 and there is a pull up widow at the lower right hand of the task bar. I used to be able to click on the speaker emblem and change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Patrick6969, Feb 1, 2019.

1. System sound

I have windows 10 and there is a pull up widow at the lower right hand of the task bar. I used to be able to click on the speaker emblem and change between my tv and my computer. when I click on the speaker emblem now nothing happens. any ideas on how to correct the issue?

:)

Patrick6969, Feb 1, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue System sound :p

cadaveca, Feb 1, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Feb 1, 2019
  4. System sound

Windows 10 Startup Sound

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set sounds:

• Right click on the Sound icon from the System Tray and click on Sounds.
    • Browse for the sound and click on apply and Ok.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

System sound

1. System sound - Similar Threads - System sound

2. Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it: So I think Windows has always done this, but if you change the system sounds, then the volume slider stops playing a sound when you adjust the volume. I can't seem to find any concrete answers as to why or how that can be changed without changing the sound back to default,...
  3. Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it: So I think Windows has always done this, but if you change the system sounds, then the volume slider stops playing a sound when you adjust the volume. I can't seem to find any concrete answers as to why or how that can be changed without changing the sound back to default,...
  4. Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why are there system sounds when i have them all set to none?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are there system sounds when i have them all set to none?: I have manually set all sytem sound effects to none. And i have muted system sounds in volume mixer. Yet, some how there is still system chimes randomly playing. I don't understand how that is even possible when i have it muted, and all the system sounds are set to none, so...
  6. Why are there system sounds when i have them all set to none?

Why are there system sounds when i have them all set to none?: I have manually set all sytem sound effects to none. And i have muted system sounds in volume mixer. Yet, some how there is still system chimes randomly playing. I don't understand how that is even possible when i have it muted, and all the system sounds are set to none, so...
  7. Can I disable system sounds/all sounds for a specific app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I disable system sounds/all sounds for a specific app: In Windows 11, Can I disable system sounds/all sounds for a specific app? the App doesn't appear in the volume mixer apps even when running. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-disable-system-soundsall-sounds-for-a/4ba37969-46ee-45c3-9878-92f40de43c45
  8. Can I disable system sounds/all sounds for a specific app

Can I disable system sounds/all sounds for a specific app: In Windows 11, Can I disable system sounds/all sounds for a specific app? the App doesn't appear in the volume mixer apps even when running. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-disable-system-soundsall-sounds-for-a/4ba37969-46ee-45c3-9878-92f40de43c45
  9. Sound on system and VR headset simultaneously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound on system and VR headset simultaneously: I want to live stream simraces using my Pimax Crystal. Problem is that when I have sound on my headset I can't have on the system. I've tried the stereo mix using all options available but it didn't work. Or I have sound on Crystal and none on the system, or no sound anywhere...
  10. Sound on system and VR headset simultaneously

Sound on system and VR headset simultaneously: I want to live stream simraces using my Pimax Crystal. Problem is that when I have sound on my headset I can't have on the system. I've tried the stereo mix using all options available but it didn't work. Or I have sound on Crystal and none on the system, or no sound anywhere...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone システムサウンド