Windows 10: System sounds are in mono and I want it stereo

Discus and support System sounds are in mono and I want it stereo in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have tried Uninstalling my sound driver, updating my sound driver, I made sure the mono box wasn't on and the system sounds still play in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MatthewT_121, Jun 17, 2020.

1. System sounds are in mono and I want it stereo

Hello,

I have tried Uninstalling my sound driver, updating my sound driver, I made sure the mono box wasn't on and the system sounds still play in mono.

:)

MatthewT_121, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Koozah Win User

Lumia 820 mono sound on headphones!

I got my new Lumia 820 today, and when I tried listening to music using headset the sound was mono, and only came out from the right headphone. The problem isn't in the headphones, since I tried both the Nokia ones that came with the phone and others.
    They all work just fine on my iPod. Has anybody had the same problem? Any suggestions? I couldn't find settings concerning wether the sound is mono or stereo.

Koozah, Jun 19, 2020
  3. SigmaEcho Win User
    Is there a way to force mono audio to play in stereo and not through the center speaker?

Windows 10 now sends mono sound through the center channel. Is there a way to set it to go back to the old way of playing mono sources through the left and right stereo channels? I have the Logitech X-530 5.1 surround sound speakers, and when you use the
    headphone jack, it only converts the stereo channels, so anything playing in mono is now muted while using headphones.

My Soundblaster Audigy 2 zs pro has a headphone jack that will properly convert everything, but there is a serious bug with the Win10 drivers in that once you unplug, it breaks the 5.1 system, disabling all but the stereo channels.

SigmaEcho, Jun 19, 2020
  4. mc_04 Win User

System sounds are in mono and I want it stereo

Stereo/mono output per device

I've got an old laptop with one damaged speaker that doesn't output any sound. I've found the mono audio setting in the accessibility settings, but that's system-wide. I want to be able to still get stereo audio from the headphone jack or HDMI, but I can't
    find anything in the speaker/sound driver settings. Is there some kind of utility that can enable this, or something I'm missing?

mc_04, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

System sounds are in mono and I want it stereo

1. System sounds are in mono and I want it stereo - Similar Threads - System sounds are

2. Sound changes from stereo to mono when entering a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound changes from stereo to mono when entering a game: Hello thereI have experienced that when I enter a game e.g. Counter-strike the sound change from stereo to mono. I am aware of all the typical fixes such as setting sound from mono to stereo in audio settings. It isnt working. I was wondering if I can force audio to play as...
  3. Sound changes from stereo to mono when entering a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound changes from stereo to mono when entering a game: Hello thereI have experienced that when I enter a game e.g. Counter-strike the sound change from stereo to mono. I am aware of all the typical fixes such as setting sound from mono to stereo in audio settings. It isnt working. I was wondering if I can force audio to play as...
  4. Sound changes from stereo to mono when entering a game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. From stereo to mono all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    From stereo to mono all of a sudden: Hi,I have a kz zsn pro headphones that I've been using from months in my front audio port. No problem at all, but, all of a sudden, it turned from mono to stereo over the night.How can I fix this?...
  6. From stereo to mono all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Customization
    From stereo to mono all of a sudden: Hi,I have a kz zsn pro headphones that I've been using from months in my front audio port. No problem at all, but, all of a sudden, it turned from mono to stereo over the night.How can I fix this?...
  7. mono sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mono sound: hey there, when I load up a game, Apex, cod, New World. ect. My audio changes. I can tell do to the fact that i am always listening to Spotify! Seems like it is mono Sound, making it very hard to game though. Can't tell which direction Anyone is. If i am lucky enough to hear...
  8. mono sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mono sound: hey there, when I load up a game, Apex, cod, New World. ect. My audio changes. I can tell do to the fact that i am always listening to Spotify! Seems like it is mono Sound, making it very hard to game though. Can't tell which direction Anyone is. If i am lucky enough to hear...
  9. how do i change sound from stereo to mono playback

how do i change sound from stereo to mono playback: How do I change sound from stereo to mono playback. I am deaf in one ear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-sound-from-stereo-to-mono-playback/a6b5361c-a754-4f04-a94e-8e15ca128d80
  10. Stereo/mono output per device

Stereo/mono output per device: I've got an old laptop with one damaged speaker that doesn't output any sound. I've found the mono audio setting in the accessibility settings, but that's system-wide. I want to be able to still get stereo audio from the headphone jack or HDMI, but I can't find anything in...